OT: Goal Song

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
To me, nothing will ever beat this one:

I always loved this one and I hope they go back to it.

I liked this at the time, but it's aged so, so poorly. I wouldn't want it back at all.

My vote would be for WWE wrestler's Sami Zayn's theme song. Dude's from Montreal, and is a Habs' fan. The song is simple enough and fun to sing along to when in a crowd.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
A goal song isn't long. I'll put it at 15 seconds. I remember the Chicago goal song during their Cup years, so upbeat and probably super annoying for other teams.

I came up with the first 15 seconds of this one, before the 1st verse starts. I can't imagine the copyright fees to the WWE for one of the above..... though Columbus did pay AC/DC for For Those About To Rock. I wanted rock'n'roll guitar.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I liked this at the time, but it's aged so, so poorly. I wouldn't want it back at all.

My vote would be for WWE wrestler's Sami Zayn's theme song. Dude's from Montreal, and is a Habs' fan. The song is simple enough and fun to sing along to when in a crowd.

no

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Make it a contest for a local artist to write a new, original non-socio-political opening theme and goal song, and the winner gets royalties every time they play it.

Those words stink of cancel culture to me, in 2020 it's all about not upsetting anyone and I know your post is focused on local artists but I just cringe at all the criticism whatever goal song we choose will get, no matter what it is. Sorry peate, short rant over. :laugh:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
To the WWE (...F.) dudes ITT I'm an Attitude era kid. Tough and crazy to me is... this.

tenor.gif

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Bad Medicine, or any big Bon Jovi 80ies hit.

/white font SARCASM /end white font

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The chorus from this song would be sick. They are a local Montreal band and they are my friends so I'm a bit biased but this is a good aggressive song. Starts 2 mins into the video:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'm partial to the Nagano Olympics goal song. Famous for when Svoboda insulted 10 generations of Russians and their ancestors by scoring a gold medal winning goal with his pea shooter, making sure Mikhail Shtalenkov would sleep with a bat under his bed for the rest of his life.

This, to me, is the summum of GOAL SONG.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Honestly I'd be down with bringing back Vertigo, that was pretty fun and it had a nice vibe to it. If not, war machine maybe ?

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
To the WWE (...F.) dudes ITT I'm an Attitude era kid. Tough and crazy to me is... this.

tenor.gif

I was going to post exactly this. Only difference it that I think Ken Shamrock’s theme should be for when the players hop on the ice instead of a goal song.

This entrance is perfect IMO.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino