Goal song for 2015/16

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Not a goal song, but I think this would be what the DJ should play in between faceoffs. Start at 0:54.

This is my vote for Goal Song. Start at 0:56.

5cupstandard

Dec 19, 2010

Not a goal song, but I think this would be what the DJ should play in between faceoffs. Start at 0:54.

I still prefer stadium love - metric

*edit : added link, starts at 2:32nd mark.

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

And to think I replaced my uncensored Helix version with the censored version.

Anyways, I'm not key on this style of music, but I actually liked both of these. Especially the piano (blues) intro in Juicy Wiggle.

The dancers weren't half bad neither. :naughty:

They would probably work in some game context...like after an extra juicy goal by McDavid!

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
New member here, hello to all. Been a long-time lurker but now I had to register in order to throw a take at this.

The criteria just screams "AOR!!!" so that's what I had in mind. Being Finnish I decided to settle on a Finnish band - Brother Firetribe: :yo:

The chorus is great, easy to sing along and the song would do well as an entrance song too. Also has a nice audience chant at 2:30 or so. :)

Last edited:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
It's 2015 and metal has never had a time and never will

ha ha. obviously missed the time when Metallica and Iron Maiden were two of the biggest bands in the world (the world includes more than just North America. On a global scale, few bands are bigger then Maiden. In South America, they are bigger than U2 is here).

Hip-hop and rap are not that big in Europe, and is predominantly a North American form.

tho, I would argue that Motley Crue and Guns n Roses are hard rock bands, they do have a heavy metal influence; in the late 80s and early 90s, they were the two biggest bands in the world. PERIOD. The only acts that were bigger were Michael Jackson and Madonna (and of course, the Stones).

Last edited:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oh, please no. Just no. I'd feel like I was at an Anaheim Ducks game if we used that one.

Mind you, I went to a Ducks game in February, and it was pretty good...but nonetheless... :D

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I think it would be cool and unique if they let each player choose a goal song for the season and then just play the song of whoever scored.

Old school players could just opt for no goal song.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
This x1000000

It would be so epic. But I don't think enough people would get it lol.

They just have to show the video on the scoreboard, and people will get it right quick, lol. It'd be hilarious to see, and honestly, I'd give the team mad respect for having some fun.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Go retro ... Meco Disco Star Wars/Empie Strikes Back music. And yes, the Oilers actually used this as their goal music in the '84 season I believe (first Cup).

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
New member here, hello to all. Been a long-time lurker but now I had to register in order to throw a take at this.

The criteria just screams "AOR!!!" so that's what I had in mind. Being Finnish I decided to settle on a Finnish band - Brother Firetribe: :yo:

The chorus is great, easy to sing along and the song would do well as an entrance song too. Also has a nice audience chant at 2:30 or so. :)

Late reply to this one. You can really hear the late 70's/ early 80's vibe with a heavy Journey/Bon Jovi type influence in this, at least that's what my ears tell me.

I really like this band right now. Will be checking more of them asap

EDIT: Just checked out Brother Firetribe - Heart Full Of Fire (feat. Anette Olzon). This **** is right up my alley. Thanks much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU-F1iEXqJc

A bit of Olivia Newton John influence in Anette's voice.

Last edited:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I feel like heyyahyeheyaehyaya is the clear winner so far.

I'd also nominate (Mc)jesus is a friend of mine

Zap!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad