GM's approve 3 on 3

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Will the powerplay still be 4 on 3? Do you go 2 offense 1 defense? 2 Defense 1 Offense? or 3 of the same?

And that list ranking 30 teams in SO can be produced for 3 on 3 and Im willing to bet similarities.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I find this just as gimmicky as shoout outs. Always laugh when people say lets get rid of shootouts and replace it with 4 on 4, or 3 on 3 hockey!

Should have just kept it the same.

Watch us trade for Oshie now, and finally have a really good shootout team. :laugh::rant:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Will the powerplay still be 4 on 3? Do you go 2 offense 1 defense? 2 Defense 1 Offense? or 3 of the same?

And that list ranking 30 teams in SO can be produced for 3 on 3 and Im willing to bet similarities.

Probably. At this point, I would want to see a 3 v 2 PP

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Rocco, Howden, Bjugs, Huberdeau, Jagr, Kuli, Ekblad etc.

I'm going to look at 3 on 3 glass half full. Shootouts bad taste in my mouth permanently most likely.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
That is what I thought they would do. I didnt think they would go from end of regulation to 3-on-3. What is an extra 5 minutes? Should have went 4-on-4 -->3 on-3 --> SO.

Blame the NHLPA. They are the ones who wanted only 5 minutes of OT period. They don't want the extra minutes over the course of an 82 game season.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Wonder if Rocco could get away with this in the NHL..
Rocco while having success with open ice is still a guy that sometimes takes the one on one challenge personally. He was stripped a few times last year and it came in a part of the ice where he had no backup.

One of the improvements we should hope to see from Rocco this year is getting the puck off his stick quicker and learning to skate without the puck to areas where he can receive a pass and be more effective in the O zone.

If he tries to get too cute (even 3 on 3), NHL speed and talent will make him look foolish more than not. There's a reason many guys in the AHL never made it to the NHL.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
If you're a hockey traditionalist then it's never going to make you happy. People got sick of staying up all hours of the night to finish a game once it went to OT.

The Cats lost out to the playoffs by a few points. When you take 18 games to shootout and god only knows how many to OT, then you are losing a point everytime you don't win in OT/shootouts and 2 pts for not winning in regulation. The Cats lacked killer instinct and the offensive ability to put teams away in regulation. I would be severely disappointed if they don't pick up another 6-10 points with the 3 on 3 rule and shootout if necessary.

wait, what?

people got sick watching OT hockey in the playoffs? because prior to shootout, there were ties, not endless OT.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I love it! Less shootouts the better

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad