GM's approve 3 on 3

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hate it. Let's just keep getting more and more gimmicky. Pretty soon, they won't count the goals, they'll have judges like in ice skating, giving them scores on their skating to decide who wins the game.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Don't think a minute and a half of gimmick game play every 5 games or so is worth any influence in the back of DT's mind for the upcoming selection.

We really will suck at this though. Scary to think.

Also of note, coaches' challenge has been approved for goalie interference and offsides goals.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hate it. Let's just keep getting more and more gimmicky.

You're a Panthers fan right? Then how is this a bad thing? Panthers are awful in shootouts

As of July, 2014

2kPB31l.png

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't like the shootouts or the 3 on 3, either one.
^^^You must have missed this.

You're a Panthers fan right? Then how is this a bad thing? Panthers are awful in shootouts

As of July, 2014

2kPB31l.png

I don't like gimmicks, and I don't like shootouts, not just because the Panthers are bad at them, that's not how I make my decisions. I couldn't care less if the Panthers were good them or not.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I don't like gimmicks, and I don't like shootouts, not just because the Panthers are bad at them, that's not how I make my decisions. I couldn't care less if the Panthers were good them or not.
If you're a hockey traditionalist then it's never going to make you happy. People got sick of staying up all hours of the night to finish a game once it went to OT.

The Cats lost out to the playoffs by a few points. When you take 18 games to shootout and god only knows how many to OT, then you are losing a point everytime you don't win in OT/shootouts and 2 pts for not winning in regulation. The Cats lacked killer instinct and the offensive ability to put teams away in regulation. I would be severely disappointed if they don't pick up another 6-10 points with the 3 on 3 rule and shootout if necessary.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
^^^You must have missed this.

I enjoyed ties, but they're not coming back, so anything that helps the Panthers get more points is a good thing.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
should have been 4 on 4 for 4-5 minutes and then 3 on 3 for 3+ minutes. 3 on 3 is ridiculous imo.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Great move, in my opinion.

I remember reading a study - that I can't seem to find at the moment - that showed that the longer a 4 on 4 period goes, the likelihood of a goal increases, and the statistical likelihood a goal is scored on 3 on 3 increases even more dramatically with every passing minute. This won't eliminate the shootout entirely but will make shootouts much less likely to happen.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Well Rocco made the team.

If this is the case, then I'd like Mike Matheson to be there as well. He might actually be capable of scoring goals! We know Nogoalov, Gudbranson and Campbell sure as heck aren't going to do that. Campbell with his baby soft shot. Gudbranson and Nogoal can't hit the net worth a crap and are sub par at producing scoring chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad