GDT: [GM71] Canucks vs Flames | Sat. Mar 23rd, 7:00pm | HNIC | So Much Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Same but yeesh hnic needs new hosts

Seriously though, who the heck is this other guy? He's just acting like an echo for Scott Oak. And that seems pretty bad. Presumably they're trying to groom his replacement, and they're going to once again get an ever worse version?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What like for another game or right now?

Oake I seriously don’t know what his deal is. Does he know his questions are weird and lean into it? He’s been doing this so long.

I think Oake has long leaned in to how awkward his "questions from social media" are. But sometimes they're kinda good.

His new random apprentice kinda sucks though. He's just making everything even more awkward somehow.

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Garland is barely humouring Oake and his dumb questions.

Seriously though, who the heck is this other guy? He's just acting like an echo for Scott Oak. And that seems pretty bad. Presumably they're trying to groom his replacement, and they're going to once again get an ever worse version?
Good grief these cringe questions, like half them about his height, which he has already clarified previously, you should know Scott u dimwit.

Bring back strombo. (Or anybody)

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Good grief these cringe questions, like half them about his height, which he has already clarified previously, you should know Scott u dimwit.

Bring back strombo. (Or anybody)

I've never really had a problem with Oake's awkward questions. He's basically just the front man who has to stumble through to the awkward things that make for an actually compelling or revealing interview.

But having this other chump beside him is...not helpful at all. Instead of softening it like other partners, he ends up making it even more stiff and formal and awkward. It's terrible.

Strombo for After Hours would be interesting, but i really don't think that after a game when they've potentially got to scoot for team reasons, is the ideal situation for Strombo to really dive into an hour long in depth special either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad