Post-Game Talk: [GM70] Canucks defeat Canadiens | 4-1 (Zadorov(2), Garland, & Aman) | Full 50 Minutes

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
That’s hilarious I forgot about Nuck fans essentially doing what I’m accusing montreal fans of now.

I’m straight cut and dry,
Until you score 30, then you havent
I don’t care if a player put up 29 goals in 31 games before an injury.
Yeah well Cole ain't done it yet sooo :D

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's actually amazing that management's patience with Boeser, Garland, and Myers (I guess Demko too but that was a different situation) has paid off. Usually don't see these kind of turn-arounds and all on the same team at the same time. What's interesting is that they didn't show the same patience with Kuzmenko, Pearson, Beauvillier, and Dickinson.

I can think of a couple other examples like Jake DeBrusk and Mathieu Joseph.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hear me out

Hoglander Miller Boeser
Joshua Pettersson Garland
Mikheyev Lindholm Lafferty
Podkolzin Blueger Suter

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's actually amazing that management's patience with Boeser, Garland, and Myers (I guess Demko too but that was a different situation) has paid off. Usually don't see these kind of turn-arounds and all on the same team at the same time. What's interesting is that they didn't show the same patience with Kuzmenko, Pearson, Beauvillier, and Dickinson.

I question how much was intent versus situation, with Garland specifically. I don't think they ever had intent to trade Boeser or Myers (the coaches have obviously had a bit of a love affair with the latter), but at least they didn't pull any sub-optimal trades with any of them just to open cap space.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I question how much was intent versus situation, with Garland specifically. I don't think they ever had intent to trade Boeser or Myers (the coaches have obviously had a bit of a love affair with the latter), but at least they didn't pull any sub-optimal trades with any of them just to open cap space.

I think they definitely would have traded Boeser, same as Garland, if the right return came along but were obviously lowballed on everything. Myers was definitely fan and media driven.

The bolded is the important part. I could expect a turn-around from one of those guys or 1.5 but all three playing some of their best hockey of their careers is incredible.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I honestly think if Garland had consistent PP1 time and more ice time in general playing in the top 6 consistently, he is capable of 65-70 points. 15-20 goals, 50 assists.
Garland is ass on the PP. He needs to be the best player on a line/ unit, otherwise he looks like he's playing in others shadows. As the top guy he's got his swagger back.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think they definitely would have traded Boeser, same as Garland, if the right return came along but were obviously lowballed on everything. Myers was definitely fan and media driven.

The bolded is the important part. I could expect a turn-around from one of those guys or 1.5 but all three playing some of their best hockey of their careers is incredible.

Yeah, I think reading between the lines they were definitely at points at least entertaining trading Garland, maybe talking to teams. Not sure on Boeser, but they've always seemed to have a soft spot for Myers, which makes sense given the right-side depth heading into the season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Garland is ass on the PP. He needs to be the best player on a line/ unit, otherwise he looks like he's playing in others shadows. As the top guy he's got his swagger back.

I think he’s definitely at his best when he’s the main guy, as he has a bit of a do it all mentality that gets in the way of better players, but he also hasn’t spent a lot of time to get used to being on the main PP. It’s usually been spot duty and often when the PP is cold. I think he could improve and be fine on it. I don’t think he’s looked bad next to Pettersson recently either

Reactions: CanucksSayEh

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Pretty much all of the latter had good reasons for their departure minus Dickinson. I was heavily aboard the Myers flight out wagon until I realized it wasn’t happening and then he’s played well this season.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Hear me out

Hoglander Miller Boeser
Joshua Pettersson Garland
Mikheyev Lindholm Lafferty
Podkolzin Blueger Suter
This may be insane but what I've thinking about is

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin
Mikheyev-Lindholm-Lafferty
Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Zadorov is just entering his prime too. I'd love too keep this guy around for the next 4 or 5 years. He helps the team not get pushed around which is huge.
29 years old is not a 'player entering his prime.' You'd be signing the player until he was in 5 years is signing a player into his mid-30s.

29 is when we signed Myers 5 years ago. It was the most he ever made and never scored 30+ points ever again.

Reactions: AzNightmare

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Yes, I am perfectly happy to only use Garland for even strength scoring.

Kind of hoping he can get 5 more goala before the end of season, but at his current pace, probably only expect 2 more.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
This may be insane but what I've thinking about is

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
The Garland line (if it returns to form) is too good to be the fourth line IMHO.

Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Hoglander-Suter-Podkolzin

We could load up the top line AND have four lines that are cooking. Wow. If we keep this up, stay healthy, my expectations for May and maybe even June are starting to go up.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
The Garland line (if it returns to form) is too good to be the fourth line IMHO.

Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Hoglander-Suter-Podkolzin

We could load up the top line AND have four lines that are cooking. Wow. If we keep this up, stay healthy, my expectations for May and maybe even June are starting to go up.
These lines look nice if that Lindholm line can keep rolling. Middle two lines can handle tough defensive matchups, top line can play softer offensive minutes, bottom line can play 10-15 minutes while spanking opposing 4th lines.

Not worth anywhere near what he wants. $6.5 million per max. I'd rather overpay Zadorov than Hronek.
This seems reactionary.

Reactions: DarrenX

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Craig Button is a massive tool.

‘Connor Garlan is trying to fight Wifi. are you kidding me? If I was Wifi I’d grab him with one arm and throw him around like come here you little Connor Garland!’

Garland scores.

‘I’ve been watching Garland since he was 13 years old. What a player he is ‘

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln