Post-Game Talk: [GM7] Canucks defeat Blues | 5-0 (Hughes (2), Di Giuseppe, Miller, & Mikheyev) | Return of the PGT!

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Tocchet is pretty shrewd in terms of management players' minutes---which will pay off over a long season.

Hughes was one the ice for only 19 minutes and almost shut down in the third period. And Hronek had his minutes reduced as well. And he's alternating goalies to keep Demko healthy to start 40-50 games, instead of his usual 60-plus.

Hopefully starts to pay off tonight against a Rangers team that's as hot as they are.

I have no doubt that Tocchet was stung by comments here on HFCanucks about how stupid it was to bagskate the team before a long road trip, and is learning.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I was at the bar when the game was on and wasnt sure if Demko made this save or not but does anyone remember when the puck went across east to west and he stretched his right leg out ..was that a toe save? or post? or did the shooter just miss the net?

Save at 8 minutes?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I mean, sitting your star players in a blowout is pretty standard.

Not to discredit Tocchet, he's been pushing the right buttons. But resting Hughes in a 5-0 game is pretty normal for any coach.

11 months ago, 5-0 after 2 periods, Hughes plays 23 minutes.

3rd period TOI only 15 seconds less than the 1st.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
11 months ago, 5-0 after 2 periods, Hughes plays 23 minutes.

3rd period TOI only 15 seconds less than the 1st.
I mean, yeah. It should be standard.

I don't think the above is good coaching/managing your players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad