GDT: [GM68] Canucks vs Capitals | Sat. Mar 16th, 7:00pm | SNP | Jockeying for Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
For the rest of the season I don't care if they win or lose, I just want no injuries. That hit on Miller was frightening.
Well at least the refs , the League and the PA had his back.....not to mention Canuck's management and coaches...

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Fix the PP, and fix Pettersson being inconsistent as hell, and we’re winning way more than we’re losing.

Honestly, why did we build such a robust coaching staff but not have a PP coach? This can change the tide of the game.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

In fairness to Pettersson his whole line was awful. Suter had a couple nice defensive plays but still was not good. There is also, no reason they should have gotten outplayed by Duhiame-Mittelstadt-Drouin as badly as they did. The Pettersson line should have dominated yesterday.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I just think Colorado is the one playoff matchup in the west I see as an automatic L for us. I didn’t feel that way pre-TDL but they bought a whole line and that line killed us yesterday. I don’t think much of Georgiev but they’ve shown they can win with a subpar goalie.

I don’t really care for playoff seeding. Seems like every matchup is going to be a war in the first round. But, my hope would be that someone else deals with Colorado before we’d have to face them - if we make it to that point.

edit wrong thread but whatever

Last edited:
Reactions: mathonwy

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I just think Colorado is the one playoff matchup in the west I see as an automatic L for us. I didn’t feel that way pre-TDL but they bought a whole line and that line killed us yesterday. I don’t think much of Georgiev but they’ve shown they can win with a subpar goalie.

I don’t really care for playoff seeding. Seems like every matchup is going to be a war in the first round. But, my hope would be that someone else deals with Colorado before we’d have to face them - if we make it to that point.

I thought last two Canuck /Av’s games could’ve gone either way..The Jets had a stinker against us last game,but they were completely dominant against us the game before that…

If we met the Jets in the conference final..I think they could have our number (moreso than Colorado or Dallas).

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I thought last two Canuck /Av’s games could’ve gone either way..The Jets had a stinker against us last game,but they were completely dominant against us the game before that…

If we met the Jets in the conference final..I think they could have our number (moreso than Colorado or Dallas).
That jets game was a mirror of the avalanche game. Even game that felt playoff-y (scoreline wasn’t reflective but the flow of play was in both games) and then got killed in the third.

Describing that game as dominant seems revisionist. VAN played a shitty third with those two Juulsen pinches in the 3rd. And they got caught up in the penalty stuff

I’m just not a big fan of the WPG key players.

Reactions: mathonwy

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Maybe we should try switching Garland and Suter.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland
Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - Lindholm - Suter
PDG - Blueger - Lafferty

If that 3rd line can be somewhat of a shutdown line, great.

Reactions: Kryten

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Barring Nash surpassing one of the top 3 in the Central or VAN sliding down to a WC spot and doing the cross over,, only have to face one of Win, Dal, Col. Can't get ahead of yourself and think about round 3 right now.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Barring Nash surpassing one of the top 3 in the Central or VAN sliding down to a WC spot and doing the cross over,, only have to face one of Win, Dal, Col. Can't get ahead of yourself and think about round 3 right now.

I think you mean Round 1, if we aren’t getting ahead of ourselves. :laugh:

-

Just win this game. I think the team needs to get one with DeSmith in net on this stretch to build everyone’s collective confidence.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

Yeah, I think getting through Vegas is going to be the biggest hurdle. If we can beat them, it means we've gotten our shit together to the point that COL should absolutely be beatable (hell, if we don't let off in the last 21 minutes we almost certainly go on to win)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I think getting through Vegas is going to be the biggest hurdle. If we can beat them, it means we've gotten our shit together to the point that COL should absolutely be beatable (hell, if we don't let off in the last 21 minutes we almost certainly go on to win)
End of the day, PO are about matchups. Your PP vs their PK, PK vs PP, 5 on 5, forecheck, etc. Regular season, even the H2H would mean nothing.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
time for CHAOS...
8AF1BCB011432BC2F16030C80E42C376D2405D49

M2B shouts: Arioch! Arioch! Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Colorado probably helped themselves as much or more than any team in the NHL at the TDL.....getting Mittelstadt and Duhaine up front; and Sean Walker on the blueline to replace Byram, was a stroke of trading genius.

Unfortunately I think the Canucks would be seriously in tough against either Denver or Vegas. The one and only caveat would be in goal. If Demko returns to form and the Canucks can get to Georgiev then the series becomes a toss-up. Similarly, Aiden Hill hasn't been nearly as good this season for Vegas as he was in last year's playoffs.

Reactions: mathonwy and Peen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad