GDT: [GM67] Canucks vs Avalanche | Wed. Mar 13th, 7:30pm | SNP | M2B Has Moderated This GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I assume Cole, and probably Myers, are the only guys that really need to be load managed near term given everyone else is pretty young.

Works fine with some combo of Hughes-Soucy-Cole-Zadorov down the left and Hronek-Juulsen-Myers-Friedman down the right. Can easily rotate a couple depth guys.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Thats a lot of loads to manage.
Wonder if Tocchet can take it all at the same time.
200w.gif

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
you don’t even need to sit Hughes. Play him like 15-17 minutes a game vs the weaker opposition. Give him favourable match ups. Dress 7 defenseman if you have to. I can assure you once the playoffs start he’s going to be averaging 28-30 minutes a game in regulation.

The thing is I don’t believe Tocchet knows how to actually reduce guys ice time effectively. He says he wants to but never really does and they end up actually playing more.

Why would we need give Hughes favourable matchups? Let alone load manage him? He's only 24 and has generally been playing in the low 20m range. I'd expect an in-prime franchise 1D to be able to able to hit high 20 or 30+m and eat them all up with no issues.

Ian Cole, on the other hand, totally needs to be load managed.

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Why would we need give Hughes favourable matchups? Let alone load manage him? He's only 24 and has generally been playing in the low 20m range. I'd expect an in-prime franchise 1D to be able to able to hit high 20 or 30+m and eat them all up with no issues.

Ian Cole, on the other hand, totally needs to be load managed.
Why the other hand specifically? Did you ask for consent?
I have so many questions.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Was hoping the Av's would have faced a tougher test at the Saddle-dome last night, but they laid a rather pedestrian 6-2 beatdown on the fading Flames.

So they probably won't be bothered by playing the second half of a back-to-back in Vancouver tomorrow night. Speed kills, and the Av's will likely be free-wheeling through the neutral zone.

Canucks need to establish their forecheck early.......and cash in on their PP's to win this one.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Was hoping the Av's would have faced a tougher test at the Saddle-dome last night, but they laid a rather pedestrian 6-2 beatdown on the fading Flames.

So they probably won't be bothered by playing the second half of a back-to-back in Vancouver tomorrow night. Speed kills, and the Av's will likely be free-wheeling through the neutral zone.

Canucks need to establish their forecheck early.......and cash in on their PP's to win this one.
The way I understand this is that, it's the travel and disrupted rest that does most of the "damage" on back to backs.

Reactions: Indiana

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
MacKinnon is on the same level as McDavid right now, except the Avs have a way more complete team that McDavids Oilers. Going to have to have everyone playing at their best to get the W.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Avs are in full winning mode. Topped up and ready to rumble. I look forward to this game, the next Dallas game, Vegas again at home and lastly the last game vs Jets. Hop-ing for a win, and not a shootout win but a tight, clean fought win.

Byram's gone so hoping Skinner does nothing stupid, or our Z Daddy will have to do the same.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad