Post-Game Talk: [GM65] Canucks defeat Golden Knights | 3-1 (Hughes, PDG, & Garland) | Boys are so Back!

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Oh I actually don't remember any of that, except for the North Korean propaganda poster thing, which was a pivot from what Jyrki first created.

I am keeping my avatar for the time being though.
:thumbu:
Well I mean all the timely gifs you post lol! I hope that makes a comeback during our run here

Reactions: Ginger Papa

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks seem to be overcoming whatever was ailing them. Pretty much shut down Vegas for most of the game and it was hard to find anyone that wasn't playing well defensively. I'd say a systems win. Team exhibits very good speed and puck movement when on their game .

Good

Mikheyev - think that is the best he has looked this season. So much faster on the puck and broke up a lot of plays. Ended up establishing a lot of offensive zone time. Maybe if gets one he will get a bunch playing like this. Was thinking that if Mikheyev can be the player he was in this one, as opposed to what he has been most of the season, it is like bringing in someone at the deadline.

Hughes - Nice goal and overall the best player on the ice. After a down period, he's back to where he was - and that is such a key to the success of the team. However, should have bounced the puck off the boards late in the game b/c it was a sure open net goal for the player (think Miller) breaking out of the zone.

Soucy - showed a little rust at times but again important in breaking plays up around his net and at his blue line. Also thought Zadorov was strong. Among other things, he did a good job of flipping the puck out of the zone without icing it.

Garland - another timely goal and kept pressure on the puck in every zone. Got to be the unsung hero of this season. Guy is brilliant at times. Like I said earlier sure makes the Ekman Larsen trade a little easier to stomach.

DiGuiseppe - has been a lot better since his return. His line, and especially Di Duiseppe, was good against some of the better Golden Knights players in this game.

Demko - team was good around him but again made critical saves.

Pettersson - worked his butt off both ways. Still like to see him move the puck without the extra stick handle but his work in every area of the ice is vital factor to good defensive hockey.

Bad - no one. On this road trip, the team has been increasingly more cohesive, particularly defensively, with good play out of near everyone.

Others

Podkolzin - fit in well so far. Another good job in zone exits and keeping the puck in the other zone. Got off a good chance and his play helped create chances for others. You hope there is another level b/c right now he certainly not behind the play but neither is he ahead of it. If he can get another step, he is going to give himself more time to make and break up plays. Going to the body well and got 5 recorded hits in this game. Maybe the most uplifting far of the raod trip has been the play of Podz.

Juulsen - always get a little fearful with Juulsen in the play but right now he is looking like a bona fide NHL player. Said last game, Hoglander was the most improved player but I also understand you can make a case for Juulsen. Having Juulsen come on this season like he has, has been important in providing needed depth on the blue line. Also, have to admit that I was wrong about Juulsen in saying he was going to be nothing but trouble in the NHL.

Lindholm - over the last two games has played better. Still make the argument that he is not delivering what we expected but was another positive in this game.

Game was so much different then the game before Xmas against Vegas . Teams just headed in different direction shortly after that game. Be something if Calgary beat Vegas out for the playoffs, especially after the Hanifin deal.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Canucks seem to be overcoming whatever was ailing them. Pretty much shut down Vegas for most of the game and it was hard to find anyone that wasn't playing well defensively. I'd say a systems win. Team exhibits very good speed and puck movement when on their game .

Good

Mikheyev - think that is the best he has looked this season. So much faster on the puck and broke up a lot of plays. Ended up establishing a lot of offensive zone time. Maybe if gets one he will get a bunch playing like this. Was thinking that if Mikheyev can be the player he was in this one, as opposed to what he has been most of the season, it is like bringing in someone at the deadline.

Hughes - Nice goal and overall the best player on the ice. After a down period, he's back to where he was - and that is such a key to the success of the team. However, should have bounced the puck off the boards late in the game b/c it was a sure open net goal for the player (think Miller) breaking out of the zone.

Soucy - showed a little rust at times but again important in breaking plays up around his net and at his blue line. Also thought Zadorov was strong. Among other things, he did a good job of flipping the puck out of the zone without icing it.

Garland - another timely goal and kept pressure on the puck in every zone. Got to be the unsung hero of this season. Guy is brilliant at times. Like I said earlier sure makes the Ekman Larsen trade a little easier to stomach.

DiGuiseppe - has been a lot better since his return. His line, and especially Di Duiseppe, was good against some of the better Golden Knights players in this game.

Demko - team was good around him but again made critical saves.

Pettersson - worked his butt off both ways. Still like to see him move the puck without the extra stick handle but his work in every area of the ice is vital factor to good defensive hockey.

Bad - no one. On this road trip, the team has been increasingly more cohesive, particularly defensively, with good play out of near everyone.

Others

Podkolzin - fit in well so far. Another good job in zone exits and keeping the puck in the other zone. Got off a good chance and his play helped create chances for others. You hope there is another level b/c right now he certainly not behind the play but neither is he ahead of it. If he can get another step, he is going to give himself more time to make and break up plays. Going to the body well and got 5 recorded hits in this game. Maybe the most uplifting far of the raod trip has been the play of Podz.

Juulsen - always get a little fearful with Juulsen in the play but right now he is looking like a bona fide NHL player. Said last game, Hoglander was the most improved player but I also understand you can make a case for Juulsen. Having Juulsen come on this season like he has, has been important in providing needed depth on the blue line. Also, have to admit that I was wrong about Juulsen in saying he was going to be nothing but trouble in the NHL.

Lindholm - over the last two games has played better. Still make the argument that he is not delivering what we expected but was another positive in this game.

Game was so much different then the game before Xmas against Vegas . Teams just headed in different direction shortly after that game. Be something if Calgary beat Vegas out for the playoffs, especially after the Hanifin deal.
Orca I just want to ask your before you go, who do you think would give the Canucks the hardest time out of any pacific team in a round 1 matchup

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Absolute masterclass by Demko.

Hoglander and Pettersson are so fun and good together.

Podkolzin with another strong performance, along with Garland and Lindholm that line looked dangerous.

Soucy makes us such a different team.

Hughes is just so so special. Tilts the ice every time he is on. Got the best player in that draft at 7th overall.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I get a lot of DMs about how to make this site work and I’ve got nothing. Best part of being a mod is no ads. That seems to have fixed a lot of the formatting issues.

Nice, my several layers of adblock basically makes me an honorary mod without any of the work that entails. Plus, my ignore list remains unviolated.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Wonder what happens when Joshua comes back. I know everyone prefers Lindholm as the 3rd liner with Garland, but I'm not sold on breaking up that greater than the sum of its parts 3rd line, and I feel like Lindholm's chemistry is more with Podkolzin than Garland. Rolling four potentially great lines like this would be something interesting, IMO. It WOULD be interesting to see if Joshua could continue being great on the Pettersson line, but there's not much indication of that and why mess with a perfect thing?

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser
Suter - Pettersson - Hoglander
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Podkolzin - Lindholm - Di Giuseppe/Lafferty

I hope Mikheyev works out and sticks with the Miller line. That's the line that could use his speed most and that wouldn't rely on him as much to be a finisher/the primary forechecker. I think stylistically, it fits a lot.

That would be a very hard forward group to exploit, IMO. Kind of crazy that we went from having to play Aman with a healthy lineup to having the luxury to choose between Podkolzin, Di Giuseppe, and Lafferty (who are all quite solid) for the final two spots.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Vegas is obviously not on their game lately but still an impressive showing from the Canucks.

Pretty solid, consistent effort throughout the night and Demko was there when he needed to be.

Hoglander being noticeable in a good way almost every game is so nice to see. Hopefully Pod is next.

Still really need another forward to complement the top-6. Can't have Suter there going into the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad