Post-Game Talk: [GM59] Canucks lose to Bruins | 1-3 | Boeser

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm not sure what it says, that the Canucks can basically 'plug and play' AHL d-men and not look to be playing much worse.

It's either a reflection of how bad the Canucks were defensively under Green and Boudreau; or the fact that their everyday NHL d-men were basically terrible; or that maybe these AHL guys are showing improvement under Colliton.

Whatever the reason it underscores the sheer folly of paying OEL and Myers a combined $14m under the salary cap.

Reactions: mossey3535

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm not sure what it says, that the Canucks can basically 'plug and play' AHL d-men and not look to be playing much worse.

It's either a reflection of how bad the Canucks were defensively under Green and Boudreau; or the fact that their everyday NHL d-men were basically terrible; or that maybe these AHL guys are showing improvement under Colliton.

Whatever the reason it underscores the sheer folly of paying OEL and Myers a combined $14m under the salary cap.
But you praised the OEL trade in the thread when it was announced? Cmon Jack

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Goalie attempting to score (firing the puck down the ice when only up 1 goal) in our own building is a giant f*** you and disrespect. We just sit there and eat it, once again.

I'd expect nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, we need the team humiliated beyond mortal comprehension, even the tiniest bit of upside will light the fire of false hope that will make some still believe that this is somehow a playoff contending team.

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
I don’t know if he’s the worst but there really aren’t good ones.

He’s taken the Botchford role but he’s nowhere near as good at it. He takes an extreme position and defends it to the death. Works well when everything is complete shit and no decent moves are being made but you look embarrassing when complaining about things that are good moves (or nothing moves).

Botchford was passionate but fair... he was usually right in his takes anyway. The Jim Benning era was truly one of the worst eras ever. He was going against the grain while everyone was still deluded from the shiny toys in Petey and Hughes. He had every right to be as pissed off as he was.

Drance is just an echo chamber of eternal pessimism. The way he talks about the Canucks and sports in general... I'm not sure this guy's ever played any sort of organized sports in his life. Him constantly rambling on the radio about how "JT MILLER CANT PLAY CENTRE" and "KUZMENKO NEEDS TO BE TRADED AT PEAK VALUE" is honestly so tiring.

He seems to be fine with recent moves so far (except for Kuzmenko’s one)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad