Post-Game Talk: [GM59] Canucks lose to Bruins | 1-3 | Boeser

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Despite being locked in lottery land and understanding the need for changes, you still get that hollow feeling in the pit of your stomach with guys like Horvat and Schenn inevitably leaving town.

They're not only high quality players, but even better leaders and people.....guys you just can't replace. But that's just the reality of the situation for the Canucks.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Lotta guys played heavy minutes against St. Louis. Would sure make a lot of sense to manage those minutes, scale them back, and let some of the other players have a bigger impact. If you know what I'm saying.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Schenn practicing with the recently scratch Stillman, to me, is a pretty clear indicator that he's just staying in game-shape.

I assume it's just the "3rd" line rotating in at center on the other two lines and is meaningless.. but Podkolzin getting a few reps at center is still kind of interesting.

Reactions: Lindgren and Vector

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Lotta guys played heavy minutes against St. Louis. Would sure make a lot of sense to manage those minutes, scale them back, and let some of the other players have a bigger impact. If you know what I'm saying.
"a lot of sense" is putting it mildly. It's idiotic, how much time Hughes and Pettersson are getting.

Hughes (30:48 vs St.Louis) should be entirely off the PK. Give his time to Brisebois. Give his power-play minutes to Wolanin. See what both those call-ups can do. Maybe they flounder and contribute to the tank, or maybe they don't drown and earn two-year, one-way league minimum deals.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Unless the Bruins have a party night tonight, this game should be a certain victory for them...Watching them against the Kraken last night, they have so many ways to beat you..A high motor team, Pastrnak in particular, looked really dangerous.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Unless the Bruins have a party night tonight, this game should be a certain victory for them...Watching them against the Kraken last night, they have so many ways to beat you..A high motor team, Pastrnak in particular, looked really dangerous.
Party nights are nice, but this year seems like the whole Bruins team committed to no partying

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The Bruins have that unbeatable feeling to them this season. I don't want to make the reference but like the 2011 Canuck team, tops or near across the board statistically.

Even if they come out flat, they'll turn it on for a few minutes and win the game. If they don't win the cup this year it's gotta be a major disappointment for them, might be their last hurrah with Bergeron etc.

(I hope I've jinxed them.)

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The Bruins have that unbeatable feeling to them this season. I don't want to make the reference but like the 2011 Canuck team, tops or near across the board statistically.

Even if they come out flat, they'll turn it on for a few minutes and win the game. If they don't win the cup this year it's gotta be a major disappointment for them, might be their last hurrah with Bergeron etc.

(I hope I've jinxed them.)

It'll be win-win for us.

If we lose, hurray for the tank.

If we win, hurray we beat Boston.

Let the pucks fly.

Let, them, fly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seems like only yesterday the Bruins beat the Canucks in Game #7 of the 2011 Cup final at Rogers Arena. Wow, how the 12 years have flown.

And talk about two franchises who went in polar opposite directions. As an aside, David Pastrnak was the 25th player picked in the 2014 draft; one pick after the Canucks picked Jared McCann, who they eventually lost anyway.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Seems like only yesterday the Bruins beat the Canucks in Game #7 of the 2011 Cup final at Rogers Arena. Wow, how the 12 years have flown.

And talk about two franchises who went in polar opposite directions. As an aside, David Pastrnak was the 25th player picked in the 2014 draft; one pick after the Canucks picked Jared McCann, who they eventually lost anyway.

And, was it a coincidence that Boston started trending towards a better direction AFTER the departure of that useless tub of human guts?

Was he a plant? I'm not gonna say yes, but I'm not not saying that either.
:laugh:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Thank God they didn't pick Pastrnak though. Imagine if it was Pastrnak that Benning traded for Gudbranson.
The first round pick that went along with Cam Neely for Barry Peterson had some nobody from Burnaby picked in that 1st round (a guy that would've been easily available on the Canucks draft position). Some bust named Joe Sakic. Does that make you depressed?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The first round pick that went along with Cam Neely for Barry Peterson had some nobody from Burnaby picked in that 1st round (a guy that would've been easily available on the Canucks draft position). Some bust named Joe Sakic. Does that make you depressed?
It’s depressing enough the pick was used on Glen Wesley. 1400+ game stalwart on the blueline.

Fun fact…my middle school gym teacher was Glen Wesley’s brother.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad