Post-Game Talk: [GM58] Canucks defeat Blues | 2-3 (OT) | Miller, Kuzmenko, & Pettersson

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I can see the desire from people and management for a quick turnaround - with talent like Petey, Miller, Kuzmenko, Hughes and a hopefully top 5 level Demko, it's tempting to supplement the core instead of a more rigorous take down. Petey in the playoffs could win a series or 2 all by himself and that's just so electric.

f*** Benning and Francisco forever. Those 2 are stains that stopped what could've been a dominant franchise.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Can’t wait for the Nucks to draft 8th, draft Pelikka and then have the kid blow more goats than a farmer’s daughter.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Petterrsson looks like he's put on some muscle. About as much as he would realistically able to put on anyways as max muscle growth is based off genetics

The Case For Using Steroids | Complex

Reactions: Indiana

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Stop playing your best players.

f***.

It’s only you
I'm okay with that.

It's amazing how many people whine about being a loser franchise and then want the team to do things that make them a loser franchise. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. You've got a young stud superstar centre right there doing unreal things on a bad team. It's right there!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I did predict last GDT that we would win because the Blues are gettable and we're improving slowly in our team defence.

We only allowed 22 shots the whole game and Silovs had to make maybe three difficult saves. Ladies and gentlemen, that is progress.

Also Silovs finished a hair over .900!

I have to tell you guys, cheering for the Canucks goalie to get enough shots to reach .900 has been a pretty depressing mini game for me lately.
I've been doing it too! It's the only way I can root for the tank AND the goalie...

• Love

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I'm okay with that.

It's amazing how many people whine about being a loser franchise and then want the team to do things that make them a loser franchise. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. You've got a young stud superstar centre right there doing unreal things on a bad team. It's right there!
We are a loser franchise because of games like this. And Nashville before.

Bullshit points that do nothing than f*** up our draft standings where we get some average prospect that won’t make a difference.

All because we overrate a core that has done f*** all.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops

Bullshit points that do nothing than f*** up our draft standings where we get some average prospect that won’t make a difference.

The core isn't overrated. Are you kidding me?? This team has suffered from awful roster construction. The fault is not with the core.

Unreal honestly.

Also, winning games isn't why they're a loser franchise either. What a warped view. Again, they're a loser franchise because of how they're managed. We all want the high pick. No shit. But you also want the young core of this team to play well, continue to develop and as a fan you let the chips fall where they may from there (aka you hope for the regulation loss to be the result in spite of positive things on the ice).

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The core isn't overrated. Are you kidding me?? This team has suffered from awful roster construction. The fault is not with the core.

Unreal honestly.
If you think this core is any good, especially compared to other teams around the league, then I have an igloo in Alaska to sell you.

It’s severely overrated. They have done f*** all.

We are the Oilers. One phenomenal player. One very good one. A defense that blows and questionable goaltending.

I don’t believe Demko’s hip is 100% and won’t ever think he would be what he was a couple years ago.

So this team is f***ed as far as winning anything let alone a Stanley Cup.

But in today’s society, we love to give everyone a medal or participation trophy just for showing up.

And that’s basically where this team is at.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Pettersson has 25 points in his last 15 games, which is a 137 point pace. Pettersson's first 2 seasons, he started out the first half of the season strong, then faded in the last half. The last 2 seasons has been the opposite. He has been trending upwards in rapid fashion. Makes you wonder if his ceiling is even a fair bit higher than 100 points. 30 points in the last 23 games is realistic - 105 points.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
If you think this core is any good, especially compared to other teams around the league, then I have an igloo in Alaska to sell you.

It’s severely overrated. They have done f*** all.

We are the Oilers. One phenomenal player. One very good one. A defense that blows and questionable goaltending.

I don’t believe Demko’s hip is 100% and won’t ever think he would be what he was a couple years ago.

So this team is f***ed as far as winning anything let alone a Stanley Cup.

But in today’s society, we love to give everyone a medal or participation trophy just for showing up.

And that’s basically where this team is at.
Obviously nobody is saying the team should just stay the way it is. It's a work in progress and hopefully this management group FINALLY gets it right.

You also don't have to sell me on the merits of getting a high pick. I get it, and I want that too. I was just talking about how much I value positive development for the core pieces we already have, specifically when it comes to Pettersson. If we hypothetically lost him because the team didn't put in any effort down the stretch here to make some positive strides, all for the CHANCE at drafting Bedard or Fantilli, that would be a gigantic step back. Not forward! Like, talk about playing yourself.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Huge character building game for the boys. Ultimately, I think winning like we did will go further in building a winning team than losing and getting slightly better odds at picking Bedard. We’ve got some great pieces to build with.

Reactions: Indiana and Fren

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

We got Hughes, Pettersson, Podkolzin, had Tkachuk/Serg/Chychurn/Boldy/Ehlers/Larkin available to us.

We can still get a really good player, a RD like Reinbacher is what everyone has been waiting for forever. Obviously better to get Bedard but its not like we won't get something great either way.

Besides we won't win a draft lottery anyways, we are Vancouver.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Damn, HD scoring chances were 18-5 Canucks. Would have been the ultimate tank game if they lost but it was too much for the tank to overcome.

The league tried to help too! I'm on team tank but its hard to be mad at Pettersson making a play like that, he's a special player.

......But If only Kuz wasn't so good at scoring. Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad