GDT: [GM56] Canucks vs Jets | Sat. Feb 17th, 7:00pm | HNIC/CBC/SNP | Good Team, Good Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The way the Jets play, honestly they have a serious shot at winning the cup.

I don’t think they match up well against Colorado though.

They certainly match up against us, which is why I still feel we need a bit more at the deadline

The real problem is...a team like the Avs are built to play from behind just as well as from ahead.

This Canucks team has shown from time to time that they can play from behind, but it's far from reliable. They're much better playing with a lead. Whether they can play from behind or not...ultimately comes down to how engaged their gamebreaking talent is. Particularly Petey and Hughes. If they feel assertive, we're in any game. If not though...we just don't have the juice to play from behind. Bozo gets frustrated, Boeser gets useless. The scoring just isn't there unless those other guys show up...or we get herculean efforts from the bottom-6.

Reactions: Jay26

cc

Feb 28, 2002
EP sniping ability has definitely dipped to the point where he's not much of a threat on the pp. You have to wonder whether he was affected by his change to a more rigid stick

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Stacking PP1 isn't working, like seriously all they do is pass pass pass and shot for a good spot.
No one is blasting it from the point and everyone is stuck in mud, people can't seem to move.

Also, get Suter out of the top 6 he doesn't belong. Boeser has been MIA since the Columbus game

Good PPs are managed like choreography.

This is more like freeze tag.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I mean if this is true we're absolutely screwed come playoff time. The 2011 Canucks weren't good in these types of games either.
Not saying we have to goon it up, just saying we have to figure out how to play against those teams that drag you out of your playstyle.
The 2011 team was way more experienced in this facet of the game.

Reactions: mriswith

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Miller has been better than Pettersson in every single season of Pettersson's career except last season.

2020: Miller
2021: Miller
2022: Miller
2023: Pettersson
2024: Miller (so far)

Pettersson has the potential to be the better player but he hasn't consistently proven it.

This is more of a compliment to Miller than a knock on Pettersson however.
I find it difficult to quantify this year, personally. In terms of being consistent and playing to the best of their ability, yes, Miller is light-years ahead game in game out, and I have way more trust in him. But in terms of capabilities, Pettersson's two way game and play in the middle of the ice and defensive zone is generally way stronger than Miller's, so he doesn't need to play nearly as hard or look as impressive/confident in the offensive zone to be as good, and when they're both going strong, Pettersson's way better for the same reason.

I do lean towards Miller this year, but it's a lot closer than the eye-test and frustrating body language and offensive misplays/flubs would dictate, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad