GDT: [GM56] Canucks vs Jets | Sat. Feb 17th, 7:00pm | HNIC/CBC/SNP | Good Team, Good Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I think Miller is our best forward, Pettersson gets all the attention but I'd rather have Miller over Pettersson. Pettersson holding off on the contract, I don't see him as untouchable, especially when you consider the return we'd get. Miller Lindholm is a strong 1 2 center
Miller has been better than Pettersson in every single season of Pettersson's career except last season.

2020: Miller
2021: Miller
2022: Miller
2023: Pettersson
2024: Miller (so far)

Pettersson has the potential to be the better player but he hasn't consistently proven it.

This is more of a compliment to Miller than a knock on Pettersson however.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
rattled hughes is still a top 5 dman in the game but he has not been flawless on the breakout and walking the line he almost always is

he’s thinking out there with the puck on his stick

I don’t mind it, he has the puck half the time he’s out there, you’re going to make mistakes at that rate. He’s probably the only player i feel good having the puck at the moment.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The thing though is we need to show we can beat these top teams. Haven’t seen it yet. Big games coming up against Colorado, Vegas, and Boston again. If we don’t do win at least 2 out of those it puts a lot of doubt in this team being a real contender.
We lead the league. Boston lost 5 in a row. Vegas went on a skid. Colorado has been terrible at times.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I refuse to believe the answer to this problem is that the Jets cheat better, lol.
Cheating/grittier playstyle/etc.
Whatever you call it doesnt change the fact that it's the no.1 major problem this team faces.

Ice Hockey is a body contact sport and unless youre playing in the European league this will remain one of the most dominant and effective playstyles come postseason.
Gotta figure it out before playoff comes.

Reactions: Szechwan

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
We lead the league. Boston lost 5 in a row. Vegas went on a skid. Colorado has been terrible at times.

Yea but how’s our record been against the other contenders? I don’t care about how well we do against the mid tier and below teams. If we really want to win a cup we have to win games like this one.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Pettersson keeps talking about playing for a winning team and seems to fancy himself as one of the biggest tickets in the NHL, even though he ghosts it more than almost any other star in the league. The amount of times we've had to say "what is wrong with Petey tonight" this year (and almost every other year but last) is just too much for a franchise player.

I do find it incredibly annoying he has not looked like himself all season, the best team he’s been on for someone who talks about winning and he’s MIA for 70% of it.

I mean the guys still top 10 in scoring looking like this, you keep guys like that. But f*** if it doesn’t grind me.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Cheating/grittier playstyle/etc.
Whatever you call it doesnt change the fact that it's the no.1 major problem this team faces.

Ice Hockey is a body contact sport and unless youre playing in the European league this will remain one of the most dominant and effective playstyles come postseason.
Gotta figure it out before playoff comes.
I mean if this is true we're absolutely screwed come playoff time. The 2011 Canucks weren't good in these types of games either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad