Post-Game Talk: [GM56] Canucks defeat Flyers | 6-2 | Beauvillier(2), Kuzmenko, Di Giuseppe, Pettersson(2)

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
good solid game by silovs.

flyers mailed that game in. konecny is a little bitch. we still need someone to take care of those guys.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Ice Time Distribution

Forwards:
Pettersson - 20:28
Beauvillier - 19:51
Miller - 19:24
Kuzmenko - 18:58
Boeser - 15:39
Di Guiseppe - 15:15
Garland - 13:28
Aman - 12:58
Podkolzin - 12:23
Studnicka - 12:04
Joshua - 10:38
Dries - 8:38

Defence:
Hughes - 22:24
Stillman - 20:51
Myers - 20:18
Bear - 19:55
Schenn - 18:45
Wolanin - 15:51

So Kuzmenko is out of the doghouse now. Stillman with the second highest total in the entire game. Joshua, who's been a favourite of Tocchet, with the 2nd least.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Great for Silovs to get that first win. Have to feel good for the kid, and hopefully he can continue to develop into a player for us.

Also feel good for Di Giuseppe. Waited so long for his shot with the big club after looking like he’d made the team out of his first camp - he’s definitely looking like an every day guy right now. Good to see him rewarded with a goal.

I really hope we get the chance to see Pettersson play on a Canucks’ team that is actually good and playoff calibre. A dominant night from him, and he’s consistently been our best player.

Schenn with a 3 point night - hopefully some nights like this help teams pony up for him. If he goes, I’ll be sad about it - I’ve liked him a lot as a Canuck. And I hope he’d circle back in free agency.

Beauvillier was feeling it tonight. I’ve said before, his speed is a very welcome addition. Getting the plum assignment of riding shotgun with Petey is helpful, too. But he’s looking like a nice fit with Petey and Kuzmenko.

Nice to see Wolanin up with the big club. With OEL out for a while, this could be an extended look.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!.....not to take anything away from the win, but yikes are the Flyers bad or what. Seems to be very little overall skill or team speed in their lineup.

At least the Canucks have Petey and Hughes to entertain the fans in a lot of games.....the Flyers? No so much. Torts must be dying on the vine most nights coaching this team.

The line with Petterson, between Kuzmenko and Beauvillier looks like a keeper. Beauvillier is now outscoring Horvat.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
No win right now is a good win and this team just can't go another year end tear to lottery oblivion. But some nice things in this game.

Silovs win. Hopefully aids the development of this player.

Beauvillier continuing to look like a good pick up. Adds speed in comparison to Horvat even if not as good in other areas.

Schenn potentially upping trade value. Although trade now appears in doubt (it shouldn't be)

Kuzmeko cementing his relationship with Pettersson

Pettersson leaving behind any doubts that he is heading to superstar level. Canucks needed a better response to the Konency cheap shot.

Other thoughts

Wolanin got banged around some but his mobility served him well in this game. Got better as game moved on.
OEL wasn't missed which is good in terms of others stepping up but bad in that it points to the frustration of having him into the distant future at his price point (if he isn't bought out)

Stillman continues to look mostly acceptable. Maybe hope that he can step up to decent depth d-man.

Di Giuseppe needs to be re-signed before he hits UFA. He is better than Lazar.

Boeser moving better. Maybe he truly wants out of here.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Beauvillier was feeling it tonight. I’ve said before, his speed is a very welcome addition. Getting the plum assignment of riding shotgun with Petey is helpful, too. But he’s looking like a nice fit with Petey and Kuzmenko.

Beauvillier has a lot in common with the role Mikheyev was playing. Very similar to Burrows with the Sedins too. Dig in the corners, get the other two the puck, get open, and go to the net. He's looked very good in that role so far.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I actually don't think Beauvillier has been that good at doing the digging/work/etc that was advertised. He's just basically been good with deflections and work in the slot. Been fine in transition as well.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Kuzmenko paused, then laughed when he was informed post-game that he had been seen eating the banana.

“Hmm. Not good situation,” he said with a grin.

“The game is hard. You sweat a lot. So you need some sugar in your body,” he told reporters, with the help of stand-in translator Arturs Silovs.

Then asked by Postmedia about the Pepsi, Kuzmenko replied in English: “more sugar.”

I need this man to be signed to a lifetime contract. He's the Munenori Kawasaki of hockey but good.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
IMO his digging/forecheck has been fantastic

he has a sneaky active stick

Interesting.

I don't see it personally, but fair enough.

Beauvillier seems like a middle six winger with decent offensive skills. Every middle six winger is streaky so he'll be that.. right now he's on a good streak & tied to EP.

I don't mean any of this as a negative btw.. I think he's been good.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Interesting.

I don't see it personally, but fair enough.

Beauvillier seems like a middle six winger with decent offensive skills. Every middle six winger is streaky so he'll be that.. right now he's on a good streak & tied to EP.

I don't mean any of this as a negative btw.. I think he's been good.

I'm actually with you a bit. I view everything he's done as "good". Good in the corners, good in transition, etc. Not great but good. Now a big part of that is he's played almost every single second with Pettersson.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'm actually with you a bit. I view everything he's done as "good". Good in the corners, good in transition, etc. Not great but good. Now a big part of that is he's played almost every single second with Pettersson.
I have no issue with him being stapled to Petey if he keeps putting up points like this. Great for his value. Pump and dump

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad