GDT: GM55: Caps @ Bolts - 7:08pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Playoffs are still unrealistic to me. Would like us to be sellers. But we are not finishing bottom 5. So I don’t see a huge deal in competing and finishing with the 10-12 pick instead of the 6-8 pick.

Reactions: Neil Racki

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
if I had to guess, I’m worried TJ did something to his back. It just looked like it totally seized up on him.

Had it been a leg (knee or Achilles), he’d have used the other leg, IMO, to get off the ice. But he didn’t.

I suppose a hip problem could be it. But he’s had back problems before, so…

I’m going with his back. Which could mean a lot of things.

Godspeed to the man. Love Oshie. Love him.
I thought it might be groin, but whatever it was, it was hard to watch.

Much appreciation to Hedman for trying to help Osh while the game was still going. Have always had a lot of respect for how that guy plays the game

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oshie seems like he could barely hold himself up, looks like a back or core injury to me
Hate to be an injury speculator but yeah seems like a core injury. Can't recall a player injury where the player kept his legs close together to inch/crawl along the ice.

Serial_Derecho

Apr 11, 2006
Charles Town, WV
Back injury history here.

Crawling, after the least most physical act of the day? Bingo its the lower back.

I was out of commission for 2 weeks when a sock got hooked on a toe. Yet the day before moved and split a cord of firewood.
I was going to add something similar. A few years back I spent the morning biking, then came home and mowed the grass. All was good. I sat down on the sofa later that afternoon to put my socks/shoes on, and it felt like a sword when straight through my back. Most excruciating pain Ive ever felt. Took me 20 minutes to contort myself to get back to the sofa after falling off. Just getting out of bed the next 2 weeks was a chore.

That was 100% a back issue for Oshie. :( Those that have never had the "experience" of having their back seize, be thankful.

Hate to see this for Oshie. But he made a miraculous return the last time and was looking great. Hopefully the same happens this time.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Mantha - played himself into 1st or a 2nd/Sandin type trade

Wilson - trade Wilson to NJD for a HAUL .. love Tom but id rather see him happy on a playoff team playing meaningful hockey

Oshie injury - non contact like that, I usually assume ACL

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Playoffs are still unrealistic to me. Would like us to be sellers. But we are not finishing bottom 5. So I don’t see a huge deal in competing and finishing with the 10-12 pick instead of the 6-8 pick.
Big difference between drafting 6th or drafting 12th this year. Not a very deep draft and the high end talent really falls off after the first eight or nine picks, or so it seems.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Big difference between drafting 6th or drafting 12th this year. Not a very deep draft and the high end talent really falls off after the first eight or nine picks, or so it seems.
Good to know. I don’t follow prospects that closely. Well hopefully we end up with an impact player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad