Dec 3, 2014
1708656636986.png

1708656722922.png

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
if I had to guess, I’m worried TJ did something to his back. It just looked like it totally seized up on him.

Had it been a leg (knee or Achilles), he’d have used the other leg, IMO, to get off the ice. But he didn’t.

I suppose a hip problem could be it. But he’s had back problems before, so…

I’m going with his back. Which could mean a lot of things.

Godspeed to the man. Love Oshie. Love him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Early ROI on Bear has been… not good, to say the least. Right now he’s like if you combined Sandin and Endmundson but only the worst traits of each. He’s got the terrible mobility of Edmundson without the snarl and physicality and then he’s got Sandin’s lack of strength and toughness in front of the goal or or in the corners without any of the smarts and skill. I think BMac and team are some of the best in the business at uncovering gems but he’s unplayable right now and seems like a huge miss.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
if I had to guess, I’m worried TJ did something to his back. It just looked like it totally seized up on him.

Had it been a leg (knee or Achilles), he’d have used the other leg, IMO, to get off the ice. But he didn’t.

That’s what it looked like to me too (especially given the comments he’s made about his back). He had just twisted around awkwardly on his backhand, and then quickly spun again retrieving the puck. If you’ve had back problems, you know what it’s like when it totally goes out and you’re left crawling on the floor (getting old sucks).

Anyways, this is like the 173rd time I’ve seen Oshie get knocked out of a game and thought “this it it, his career is done.” So, I dunno - hope he makes another miraculous comeback. Dude is such a warrior.

Though for him and his family’s sake, I hope he prioritizes his long term health - so he can enjoy retirement, playing with his kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cappy76

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That’s what it looked like to me too (especially given the comments he’s made about his back). He had just twisted around awkwardly on his backhand, and then spun around again retrieving the puck. If you’ve had back problems, you know what it’s like when it totally goes out and you’re left crawling on the floor (getting old sucks).

Anyways, this is like the 173rd time I’ve seen Oshie get knocked out of a game and I thought “this it it, his career is done.” So, I dunno - hope he makes another miraculous comeback. Dude is such a warrior.

Though for him and his family’s sake, I hope he prioritizes his long term health - so he can enjoy retirement, playing with his kids.
You broke HF, it says you’re replying to my post which was actually the post by Ridley Simon…

IMG_1346.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: RedRocking

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Early ROI on Bear has been… not good, to say the least. Right now he’s like if you combined Sandin and Endmundson but only the worst traits of each. He’s got the terrible mobility of Edmundson without the snarl and physicality and then he’s got Sandin’s lack of strength and toughness in front of the goal or or in the corners without any of the smarts and skill. I think BMac and team are some of the best in the business at uncovering gems but he’s unplayable right now and seems like a huge miss.

I wasn't impressed with Jensen when he was first acquired, however he grew on me his second season with the Caps. I'm hoping Bear will do a Jensen. Of course I like optimism and don't expect it to happen with Bear.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Lindgren strong again and I think regaining some his all-star form(he deserved to be there as 3 other goalies who had sub .900 SV% to only few above .900, didn't deserve to be there. I expect Lindgren will start against the Panthers, as I don't care how long Kuemper might be sitting as the backup.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland

I thought groin when I saw it. I guess we'll find out soon, but I'm not expecting good news.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Bear missed a ton of time. He’s still not back yet.

They should play Alexeyev. Give him a good long look (10 games). Let Bear practice and get back into game shape w the squad.
I would much rather see Alexeyev than Bear right now. I'm not ready to write Bear off, yet. Give him a healthy summer to train and see how he looks next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad