Post-Game Talk: [GM55] Canucks lose to Rangers | 6-4 | Lazar, Miller, Garland, & Kuzmenko

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We are actually behind the coyotes in the standing what a time to be alive LMAO
Thats insane...who would have thought that pre season..?..That we are now behind pre determined tanking teams ....

Hold your horses though..methinks that a determined Thatcher Demko is going to be a Javelin anti-tank missile.

Reactions: canuckking1

Nov 1, 2011
Silovs looked raw as hell, which he is. Positioning was very off and looked small. Send him down and let him cook for 2+ years.

Great kid. Only 21.

IMG_20230215_201620.jpg
IMG_20230215_201623.jpg

Feb 20, 2013
Another win/win in taking the L, plus winning the xG battle at 5 on 5.

The most worrying thing about this recent run of form under Tocchet is that the Canucks keep outplaying their opponents on xG, which likely means that these beautiful tank boosting losses really aren't sustainable. The Canucks are bound to get a run of luck or goaltending at some point and win 5 straight if they keep playing like they are.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

The most worrying thing about this recent run of form under Tocchet is that the Canucks keep outplaying their opponents on xG, which likely means that these beautiful tank boosting losses really aren't sustainable. The Canucks are bound to get a run of luck or goaltending at some point and win 5 straight if they keep playing like they are.

I like to think we burned that up under Bordeau last year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The PK% is still the most baffling thing about this team. Like no modern team should challenge that record. Any GM and coaching staff, should be hard pressed, to intentionally accomplish such a feat.

Players brought in, specifically to PK, have actually made last years 32nd ranked PK worse. As if there's a dark force at play.

It's not even really about team defense, it's a completely isolated, dumbed down task, that is more or less interchangeable around the league. It's like a kickoff team in football, how the hell, can you not have at least within arms reach of average numbers?

Ya it's weird and we can't even blame Baumgartner. Is it Mike Yeo? I think the Flyers' PK was pretty bad when Yeo was running it?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Kuzmenko stuff is getting way overblown.
Things overblown this year:
- Handling of Rachel Doerrie
- Handling of Boeser for cancer awareness night
- Handling of Brucey B
- Loosing Horvat because of self inflicted cap trouble
- Struggles of Lekkerimäki
And finally, internal communication issue in relation to Kuzmenko.

Things have been thoroughly blown.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Ya it's weird and we can't even blame Baumgartner. Is it Mike Yeo? I think the Flyers' PK was pretty bad when Yeo was running it?
Only one person to blame, GILLIS!!!!!! Right, 11 years ago he didn't draft very well in the 30th draft pick!!!!
NO, it is Benning who constructed this Frankenstein.

Just another game, some players are still looking pretty good as trade assets maybe even enhancing their value. Schenn isn't though. He definately looks off. The family and such with a possible trade coming. If I was in charge would try to make sure that his family could go to Kelowna and select a team very close, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg al fly directly to Kelowna, Seattle.
And next year give him a 3 or 4 year deal front loaded with a bonus and a clause.

The Flyers next, it ought to be interesting listening to Torts and Torts 2.0

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My two quick game thoughts:

Thought Silovs looked the same as the other goaltenders. Gave up a weak one, you would have liked to see him make another big save or two, and then huge defensive issues leading to the other goals. Looked like he settled in and got better as the game went along. Would give him another start if Demko isn't ready.

Really hope the OEL injury doesn't mean they hold off on moving a blueliner or two. Every week you are holding Luke Schenn his value is going down as he's playing like a #6 guy at this point and trending down. Been pretty vocal about Ethan Bear already - bad defensive player. Too weak, poor reads, and inconsistent with the pick. More of that tonight and not a player I would keep moving forward.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Things overblown this year:
- Handling of Rachel Doerrie
- Handling of Boeser for cancer awareness night
- Handling of Brucey B
- Loosing Horvat because of self inflicted cap trouble
- Struggles of Lekkerimäki
And finally, internal communication issue in relation to Kuzmenko.

Things have been thoroughly blown.

The franchise is an absolute joke, and will continue to be until the Aquilinis get their heads out of their asses. Plain and simple. But, silver lining, we are headed in a more promising direction...it may be the bottom of the standings but it's more promising than petering out in the middle.

• Love
Reactions: Gurn

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
He's definitely fallen off a cliff, just wow.
Not sure what went wrong.
Myers is 33 years old.

People age differently, but there aren't all that many players whose games don't fall off a cliff by his age.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Myers is 33 years old.

People age differently, but there aren't all that many players whose games don't fall off a cliff by his age.
"A giraffe can live quite a long time, averaging 20 to 25 years in the wild and 28 or more in captivity. A giraffe can live longer in captivity as it does not have predators and receives regular medical care when sick. Female giraffes can begin to have offspring at 5 years old, which takes 15 months until the new baby giraffe is born."

How Long Do Giraffes Live In Captivity And In The Wild? - Science Trends.

I'd say Myers is done already.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I wouldn't even read much into the xG/scoring chance numbers either. It's a small sample, and most of the time the Canucks have been playing from behind in the latter stages of the game, so score effects come into play. Trailing teams are always more aggressive and leading teams are more conservative.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
My two quick game thoughts:

Thought Silovs looked the same as the other goaltenders. Gave up a weak one, you would have liked to see him make another big save or two, and then huge defensive issues leading to the other goals. Looked like he settled in and got better as the game went along. Would give him another start if Demko isn't ready.

Really hope the OEL injury doesn't mean they hold off on moving a blueliner or two. Every week you are holding Luke Schenn his value is going down as he's playing like a #6 guy at this point and trending down. Been pretty vocal about Ethan Bear already - bad defensive player. Too weak, poor reads, and inconsistent with the pick. More of that tonight and not a player I would keep moving forward.
I was shocked on that 2nd NYR goal. My coaches would always call me out if I always tried to take away the passing lane, but in my opinion A right Handed Panarin wide open in the left slot is the most dangerous option during that defensive zone turnover. I would have rather let Zebinajad go right towards the net then try and block the pass in the last split second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad