Post-Game Talk: [GM55] Canucks lose to Rangers | 6-4 | Lazar, Miller, Garland, & Kuzmenko

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
This was a very winnable game effort wasn’t there and that’s sad to say when you should be playing for you’re rookie Goalie during his debut.

Reactions: mossey3535

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
he is lower event than myers, but miller is better when he is not bad.

myers is like a one man zone defence. in spite of his bad plays his size, reach, skating and strength makes him overall more effective than he looks.. but all you remember are the bad plays.
Well yeah because there are so many games where he is responsible for like multiple goals against a game.

I’ll take low event over catastrophic events

Reactions: calnuck

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
the injuries really suck for Abbotsford

At least they know that they'll be getting massive reinforcements once the season ends. Would expect Podkolzin, PDG, Aman etc. papered down at the deadline to ensure they are eligible for AHL playoffs.
Is it wrong to be happy about OEL getting injured. LTIR?

It's like, the best way out of this boat anchor of a contract. Career ending injury. I hate that we're in this place but it's a lot more appealing for the franchise than any other option right now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With another six-goals allowed tonight, the Canucks are up to 224 on the season, trailing only the Ducks who've allowed 230.

And of course the PK is not just 32nd and dead last in the NHL, but at just over 65 percent it's headed for the worst in NHL history.

Based on those stats alone there should be a huge turnover on this roster in the off-season.....but of course a number of their player contracts are simply immoveable.

But still......based on those two stats alone the Canucks have rightfully earned their spurs as one of the worst teams in the NHL. They deserve Connor Bedard, but probably won't get him.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
With another six-goals allowed tonight, the Canucks are up to 224 on the season, trailing only the Ducks who've allowed 230.

And of course the PK is not just 32nd and dead last in the NHL, but at just over 65 percent it's headed for the worst in NHL history.

Based on those stats alone there should be a huge turnover on this roster in the off-season.....but of course a number of their player contracts are simply immoveable.

But still......based on those two stats alone the Canucks have rightfully earned their spurs as one of the worst teams in the NHL. They deserve Connor Bedard, but probably won't get him.
I know the odds aren’t good but I also don’t believe that “Canucks luck” bullshit.

Reactions: mriswith

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
JR - we need major surgery.

He doesn’t do a single thing …. And even tried to throw as much money as he had to try to keep Horvat and keep this band together.

Reactions: Grantham

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The PK% is still the most baffling thing about this team. Like no modern team should challenge that record. Any GM and coaching staff, should be hard pressed, to intentionally accomplish such a feat.

Players brought in, specifically to PK, have actually made last years 32nd ranked PK worse. As if there's a dark force at play.

It's not even really about team defense, it's a completely isolated, dumbed down task, that is more or less interchangeable around the league. It's like a kickoff team in football, how the hell, can you not have at least within arms reach of average numbers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad