Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks defeat Islanders | 5-2 (Hughes, Hronek, Pettersson, Myers, & Joshua) | WAGON

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I was expecting more out of this game..Were the islanders that bad, or were the Canucks that good.?..My god, other than Barzal and Dobson (and the goalie), that team looked completely bland, just a whole lot of nothingness....Although, they are in the pack for a playoff spot.

Not only was it amazing that the Canucks swept all 3 games in the NY area, but it was done in a convincing fashion..Not a bunch of OT wins..A good time to be a Canuck fan right now, as their train keeps rolling right along.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
If we have a chance to get a Lindholm tier 2c as much as I love the guy Kuzmenko seems the obvious choice. Tho I'd prefer it be It to be Mikaheyev.This also opens up a spot for podz and let's us drop Suter down to make the 4th line better.
Something I thought I wouldn't say is I'm fine with our defence, we have 7 guys who deserve to be in the lineup.
No interest in moving Mikhayev. I watched enough of him with Toronto to know what he is capable of and I think he can be a real X-factor in the playoffs. I like Kuz but if we want to upgrade at the deadline, that is the contract that has to go out the door.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
does anyone know where to get stats for season and game by game:
Shots from the slot
Shots from the inner slot

Canucks are likely a top 5 team in terms of shots from the inner slot. but i want to confirm this

Reactions: Indiana

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Ps, the Islanders rink is the worst I’ve ever seen. While the concourse and the viewpoints are fine, the glass is crappy old plexi that is almost impossible to see thru if you have any kind of angle (we were in the corner, had to watch all the far end action on the big screen.) You can get tickets very cheap. We paid 80 bucks for a lower bowl, they charge you over 100 bucks for parking and you still have to walk in the rain, food sucks – we paid 150 bucks for four sorry burgers, a couple of beers and a couple of waters. Arena is out in the middle of nowhere, so there are no options to eat before the game. The Devils rink quite nice and easy to get to by train from New York, but if you miss the 615 train, which arrives by 6:40 or so, the the next one arrives 730 so you miss half the first. I got a super cheap single, eight rows up center ice, included a full buffet in the club section — that was awesome. MSG is also a great place to watch, they know how to put on a show. Incredible three games.!

ouch, they spent all that money (their own money, not taxpayers’ iirc) to finally replace nassau and it’s garbage?

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
ouch, they spent all that money (their own money, not taxpayers’ iirc) to finally replace nassau and it’s garbage?
It is a total head scratcher. Barclays center had some really stupid design issues, but it wasn’t a bad venue and you could get there by subway! UBS is by Belmont racetrack so it’s an hour away, you can take the train, but that takes even longer. So you have to drive and there’s nowhere around there to park or eat or anything so you have to pay their parking they have several lots that start at about 70 bucks and go up to 200 bucks for parking alone. The rink itself in the concourse are actually pretty nice. It’s not a bad building, but the food was ridiculous - scrawny burgers cost a fortune, and the site lines with the cheap glass were poor.
So yeah, I will not be heading back out there anytime soon, especially since the team is kind of boring and they’ve locked up their entire core into their 40s…

One weird little quirk was if you have a BMW you get to park for free (?) I guess UBS has some deal with BMW? Anyway, it just made me more pissed off that somebody else was getting a deal and I was getting screwed. When the Canucks kicked their butts I felt better though.

But I would say the worst rink I’ve been in is the Cap Center – totally in need of a do over it’s old and the concourse is incredibly tight and out of date. Feel like a slightly more modern Pacific Colosseum with claustrophobic concourses. Headed to Buffalo this weekend for Canucks Sat, Bills Sun! (ya, im spoiled…)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5