Post-Game Talk: [GM40] Canucks lose to Penguins | 4-5 | Garland, Boeser, Hughes, Dermott

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm not even sure what the point of your response to me here is.

The Canucks are not a good enough team, but if you think that the fact we're receiving bottom 3 goaltending in the league and have a lame-duck coach isn't influencing everything else then I don't know what to tell you.
It was sarcasm, agreeing with your response to PoM.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I can't tell you how much it f***s with a team to have a goalie you simply don't trust behind you, and that has been the case almost every game for us this year.
We also treat Boudreau like a substitute teacher because management has made it very clear that they dont support him and are only keeping him because Aquallini won't pay 3 coaches.

Trash defence is killing goaltending. If they stopped bleeding an so many high danger chances against the goalies might not be in meltdown having lost all confidence in the teams defense to do it's job. Teams normally adjust for it being the weaker goalie, take less risks, play tighter and lower the high danger chances. These guys do the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippgunn

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Neither Martin or Delia cant make a save, and both of them are not NHL caliber goalies...Your expectations for a good result have to be low.

You can literally spot the opposition two goals a game, where one of our goalies gives up a clean shot over the shoulder glove side, or a ridiculous rebound.

Nothing breaks the confidence of a team quicker than shitty goaltending..Hard to watch.
Blaming goaltending for the teams woes is a cop out.

Defense is way more of a glaring issue.

The last thing this team needs is management and ownership making excuses about goaltending and how the team deserves another try next year with Demko playing an entire season.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Kuz, Petey, Hughes, Horvath and Miller can put up good numbers while they lose by a couple goals....maybe Garland as well.

6-3 losses for the rest of the season.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

The last thing this team needs is management and ownership making excuses about goaltending and how the team deserves another try next year with Demko playing an entire season.

They are both issues right now. But one has been for just this season, the other has been a problem for like 6 seasons now, if not more. It's pretty obvious what one I'm betting on will continue into next season if nothing changes.

Reactions: m9

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
No Demko. Most likely ready after this road trip.

Ya, that is what the defence looks like in front of him in a game.

If this management keeps this group together the Pens could be what this team looks like but without any of the good players the Pens still have, old, slower and with no good prospects left.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Yeah I dont think most people understand what a player Kuzmenko is and how insanely lucky we are to have him. Hes having a Panarin type impact for us, and his chemistry with Pettersson is second to none.

We should be bending over backwards to keep him if we want to compete

Reactions: MS

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah I dont think most people understand what a player Kuzmenko is and how insanely lucky we are to have him. Hes having a Panarin type impact for us, and his chemistry with Pettersson is second to none.

We should be bending over backwards to keep him if we want to compete
Yep. So hes a tank sabateur basically

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With the benefit of 'hindsight' the order of signing contract extensions should have been: Horvat, Kuzmeko, Miller and then Boeser.

Unfortunately Rutherford and Allvin have it completely ass-backward.

Reactions: Grantham

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Demko usually gets hot around February. Watch this team fall out of it and Demko comes back to drag us around the line right before the deadline.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

For 10 billionth time..Nobody is saying that goaltending is the sole reason the club is dismal..It is a major one, I'd put it around 50% (the worst goaltending we've had in decades).

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I'll be watching this game to see what Myers does. His last game was probably the worst defensive effort from a Dman that I have ever witnessed. Just absolute stupidity on ice. A big, dumb giraffe.

• Haha
Reactions: 4Twenty

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Maybe not......but did you see the chances this Canuck team coughed up in this game? Delia and Martin could have been the second coming of Jacques Plante and Martin Brodeur, and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Canucks have allowed 155 goals in 38 games. And their PK has flirted with dead last in the league for the entire season. The last time I did math, that works out to about four goals against every game. You aren't going to outscore your opponent very often when they put up a four-spot on you game in and game out.

The goalies haven't been great...... but they're hardly the reason this team is two games below .500.
Thank you. Note: Demko plays the last two years at .915 and he's a n "elite level" goalie on these boards. Delia is .902 (DESPITE last game's debacle) and he "can't make a save". I guess that means that 2022/23 Demko (.883 in 15 starts) can't make a save either then. Now Martin at .881 over 22 starts; HE can't make a save.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
For 10 billionth time..Nobody is saying that goaltending is the sole reason the club is dismal..It is a major one, I'd put it around 50% (the worst goaltending we've had in decades).
I am one of the few that wasn't high on Martin and believed he was good for 3+ goals per game 90% of the time.

But the major reason for that is a result of being the 2nd worst defensive team in the league.

I'd say it's more 70/30 defense vs goaltending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad