GDT: [GM39] Canucks @ Devils | Sat. Jan 6th, 4pm | SNP/SN1 | Brotherly Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
… and hit the post shooting for an empty netter.

If a goalie had recorded both a shutout and a goal in his NHL debut, that would have been maybe the single craziest game for a player in NHL history, something beyond Sittler’s 10-point game.
McDavid is gonna pull a Sittler one of these days.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
There is not a All star game thread so I will post this here.

Its going to be a strange game. They have picked 26 F, 4 G and 2 D men, Hughes being one of them. (Dahlin is the other).

Of the 12 they are going to add, 4 will be goalies. Its being done by the fans, so I suspect there will not be a lot more d men added.

It will be entertaining to watch a 3 vs 3 tourney with at most 2 men per team. Likely they will go with 2 G, 8 forwards, 1 D man per team. If I were captain of a team, I would take the 2 D men as fast as I could. I suspect Hughes will be the first one drafted (if he isn't a captain). Dahlin will go 2nd.

Can anyone think of a D man that is likely to make it through the fan voting, other than probably Makar?

Captains will likely be Mathews, Mcdavid, MacKinnon and Crosby. If I had to guess.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We’re playing NJ.. damn isn’t this usually a scheduled lose with EP/Hughes and all the big boys taking the night off?

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
Any updates on Jack Hughes? Left the game last night. They’re already missing Palat and Meier.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
… and hit the post shooting for an empty netter.

If a goalie had recorded both a shutout and a goal in his NHL debut, that would have been maybe the single craziest game for a player in NHL history, something beyond Sittler’s 10-point game.
Craziest and greatest game ever is Lemieux 5 goals 5 ways (reg, PP, SH, PS, EN) night. Will never been done again.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently Jack Hughes has been listed as 'doubtful' for tonight's game after leaving last night's gme early. A brutal night for a couple of the NHL's brightest young players--as Connor Bedard has landed on LTIR with a broken jaw.

Hoping for a bounce-back effort from the Canucks. Need to establish the forecheck early and keep the hammer down. A couple of PP goals would be a big help as well. Surely it can't keep sputtering forever.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I liked Byron Bitz, he had some surprising chemistry with the Sedins. Bargain bin Lucic player, they told him to pack his bags when he took a major penalty in the playoffs that cost us the game or the series cant remember

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm really hoping Soucy is back into the lineup tonight. It would honestly be a shame if Juulsen sat tonight in place for him, since he's been playing fantastic in his own end as of late. Would much prefer to sit Myers.

Hopefully the Canucks are hungry for blood after losing in that remarkable comeback effort the last time they played the Devils. Also hoping for some pushback after that lethargic loss to the Blues.

Go Canucks

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Hope Soucy has a really solid return game. I assume he'll partner with Myers. With Jack Hughes being out, our chances for a win tonight have improved. We'd better take advantage.

It's unfortunate for the NHL to be without 2 of its great young stars in JHughes and Bedard.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Devils are hit hard by injuries and had a tough game last night. I think the Canucks top-six offense gets going a bit. Seems like a good night for Mikheyev to get one.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad