GDT: [GM29] Canucks vs Lightning | Tue. Dec 12th, 7pm | SNP | M2Beezy Loves Them Poles

who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This will be a handful.
Tampa is in a dogfight for a playoff spot with most teams having up to 5 games in hand.
They probably were not thrilled with their Seattle game.

This could go either way, if the Canucks can get a great start and play with the lead then they have a decent chance. Tocchet can play the match up game, if they get behind he leans on Hughes and Hronek to play 25+ min and they will get eaten alive.

The new shut down pairing of Myers and Zadoroz have allowed only one goal against in 4 games and only 7 shots ON goal. Quite remarkable really, they haven't even allowed a breakaway. But Tampa is a different animal.

Special teams will/could make the difference.
Both teams are well rested.
Both fairly healthy although the flu bug seems to be migrating through teams so who really knows.

The last few games the Canucks got teams on the skids, now this game will be a test.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Early Merry Chrismas cause i wont be celebrating this time

Gonna spend some time with family all the way back in Taiwan from 13th to 30th

Every canucks game is gonna start between 8 to 11 am for me
May you have a safe trip home and a wonderful time with your family.
Totally worth it for the food!

You need to delay that… I’m not sure how often you visit Taipei, but you got to enjoy the eats..

SE Asia in general has pretty good food. But Taiwan will always have one of the best junk food night market imho. Its so easy to get wasted and full there.

Welcome to my world buddy.

Not big on the food in Cambodia, or the Philippines, but Vietnam and Thailand are exceptional. I also think Indonesian food is just okay.

Not South East Asia, but Japan is amazing food and I could be very happy eating Japanese food for the rest of my life.

All this talk about Asian food reminds me of this old meme
IMG_0776.jpeg

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
One of the few things I don't like about Van and North America overall is the lacking of street food. What little street food they do have here are laughable, compare to the awesome shit I used to have on a daily basis in 90's Beijing.

Oh right this is a GDT ok so I'll just post this here, yeah I'm sure it's related to the outcome of tonight's game.

Skallagrim

Sep 22, 2011
Bay area
One of the few things I don't like about Van and North America overall is the lacking of street food. What little street food they do have here are laughable, compare to the awesome shit I used to have on a daily basis in 90's Beijing.

Oh right this is a GDT ok so I'll just post this here, yeah I'm sure it's related to the outcome of tonight's game.

That spell is shit, just like the team :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: valkynax

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT

Agreed on the street food, it also makes walking around way more interesting. I vividly remember spending time in Shanghi and eating my way to happiness!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
That spell is shit, just like the team :sarcasm:

Wha? But it's from Placidusax, no? Plus isn't it not even in the game and only obtainable via mods?

You're telling me a badass cheated spell sucks? Damn it that was the one thing I was looking forward to lol
:laugh:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I like the fact that we're the first team to get a crack at TB on their western road swing.

edit;...We're actually the second destination for TB on their road swing..They played in Seattle on Saturday night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I like the fact that we're the first team to get a crack at TB on their western road swing.

Here's hoping that we can catch lightning in a bottle, and not get zapped in the face.

And Kucherov...yeah, dude's putting up numbers that you can get in video games when you enter a bunch of cheat codes.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
May you have a safe trip home and a wonderful time with your family.

All this talk about Asian food reminds me of this old meme
View attachment 782050
ty, it's gonna be weird cause I havent gone back since 2018 and i've spent more time of my lifein Van than Tiawan now, plus i dont really know anyone overthere other than a few family members so it's gonna feel like a vacation tour instead

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
When Soucy's back, what will our d corps look like?

I know top pair likely will be Hronek and Hughes. How about our two other pairs between Zad Myers Soucy and Cole?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I know top pair likely will be Hronek and Hughes. How about our two other pairs between Zad Myers Soucy and Cole?
Knowing the Canucks, this won't be an issue since it's likely they'll another dman injured by the time Soucy is back in January.

Reactions: valkynax

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Either Cole or Zadorov will have to switch sides. I suspect they may keep Zad-Myers together since they seem to love the Twin Towers idea, and maybe go with Soucy-Cole.

I could actually see this being a stable setup since you either try to resign Cole or bring in a similar replacement in FA. Then retain Myers on a cheaper, hopefully 2-year deal, until Willander is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland