Post-Game Talk: [GM29] Canucks defeat Lightning | 4-1 (Kuzmenko & Boeser(3)) | Three Straight!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I have spent decades shitting on fans for throwing their hats on the ice. Well...my $29 hat is now gone but it was absolutely f***ing worth it.

Tampa looked all sorts of good early on but really didn't have the finishing to do anything meaningful. A game where the Canucks were more opportunistic and clinical in finishing their chances. We really took over in that 2nd.

Was a really good game to watch live.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Shocked the Lightning are where they are in the standings even after the return of Vasi, but they're still a very well structured and coached team.

Likewise, shocked that this board stops melting down about the Canucks being pretenders after a loss when they defeat a good team in a win /s

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
that jeannot trade is looking really f***ing bad now.

Tampa is screwed in a couple of years as Hedman and Stamkos age out and/or leave the team. They have no 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts, and the 2024 draft they don't have a 2nd or 4th round pick.

In terms of prospects, the earliest they'll have any chance of a 1st rounder make an impact on their team is approx 5+ years out.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Tampa is screwed in a couple of years as Hedman and Stamkos age out and/or leave the team. They have no 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts, and the 2024 draft they don't have a 2nd or 4th round pick.

In terms of prospects, the earliest they'll have any chance of a 1st rounder make an impact on their team is approx 5+ years out.

Looked it up and I'm not sure why they made the trade - Jeannot's numbers before the trade reminds me very much of someone like David Clarkson.

And Tampa gave up a boat load of assets for this guy.

I think they'll probably go about like Penguins did, trading away picks to supplement Stamkos and Hedman, until they are no longer competitive for playoffs.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Just wanna say @Just A Bit Outside held his own side of the bargain. Highly respected poster.

I'll have you know it's going towards my new jersey.

Cheers!
Congrats and thanks for sharing this.
Really happy for Brock.

And great job boys. Keep it up.
Nice to see a person honour their word.
IMG_5698.gif

IMG_5697.gif

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Congrats and thanks for sharing this.

Nice to see a person honour their word.
View attachment 782586
View attachment 782584

Reminds me of the exchange from Parks and Rec.

Swanson: Look, friend, I respect your slavish devotion to the free market, but you can't welch on a contract. [Bill chuckles] Where I come from, a man's word is sacred. 🧐

Bill Butler: Okay, what's your stance on pinky swears, George Washington? I'm taking the money.😏

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Looked it up and I'm not sure why they made the trade - Jeannot's numbers before the trade reminds me very much of someone like David Clarkson.

I think they'll probably go about like Penguins did, trading away picks to supplement Stamkos and Hedman, until they are no longer competitive for playoffs.
They had pulled a similar move for Hagel and it worked wonders for them. The idea with Jeannot was to pay up for another cost controlled forward who had room to get better. Lots of trust on pro scouting, but guess it was a whiff.

Reactions: Grub

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

They saw on oppurtunity to signed him to a long and cheap contract and got cocky

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
They had pulled a similar move for Hagel and it worked wonders for them. The idea with Jeannot was to pay up for another cost controlled forward who had room to get better. Lots of trust on pro scouting, but guess it was a whiff.
Hagel had multiple years of high productivity and had a better contract situation than Jeannot. It wasn't the worst gamble in hoping he could play like his rookie form but it's looking like a complete whiff now.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Crazy what the margins are to be a contender in this league. Misidentifying Jeannot probably closed their contention window a season or two early. 5 picks (including a 1st) for a $2.65M fourth liner.
The weird thing is that Jeannot was already starting to look like a pumpkin for Nashville last season and they still severely overpaid. Looking like a rare miss for Brisebois.

Reactions: Vector

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I agree defense is more important than wingers. But if we trade Brock which winger is going to score us goals?
That is true. If Kuz can regain his last season's form, that could solve that issue.

That or triple shift JT Miller.:sarcasm:

There are more obvious candidates to unload (Garland) but you're unlikely to get anybody of much worth (and might have to take a "bad" contract back).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad