Post-Game Talk: [GM12] Canucks lose to Predators - 3-4 (Shootout) (Mikheyev, Miller, & Kuzmenko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
2022-11-05 23_21_24-Window.png

4 of these teams are trying to compete!

Reactions: bh53

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Stillman is the worst defenseman i've watched since Marc Gragnani. Just putrid even his decision to jump Jeannot was terrible. Don't want to see this guy play again anytime soon

I'm sorry Orcatown but OEL was far and away the best defenseman tonight. Hughes is such a nice transition player and PP guy but 5v5 when teams lay the press on heavy he's a mess. Not for anything other than he's just overmatched by almost everyone not named Gaudreau. But strength on pucks matters and is a skill.

Schenn tired by the 3rd and had 3 or 4 really bad plays. He's a warrior and has played so well for us but he needs some load management

Demko is broken. Just awful

Horvat and Miller were fantastic and had JT maybe gone to his backhand deke we would be talking about a win

Garland Hoglander Dries had lots of jump early and then when the heavy press came after some shoddy play let Nashville back into it they are just run over and struggle to get a pucks over centre or out of our zone.

Kuzmenko and Pettersson were quiet in this one for the most part but were still creating and EP40 was once again a solid 200ft player. Myers had a few poor passes but at least wins most of his board battles stepped into Jeannot for that clown running Bear and had to babysit a junior B level performance

4th line was ok. Pearson can at least advance pucks and defend under duress which cant be said for many, Ethan Bear has looked very good

If this team doesn't sign Horvat it's because he's done with this group and i suspect i will feel the same if thats the case. Just end this BS and get him signed or rebuild it. I'm getting sick of this ambiguity with Bruce and Bo.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
We got talent, just lacking professionals who take every game seriously.

They say veteran teams can shut it down when you have a 3-0 game. Well, our leaders are reaching veteran status and this team still isn't showing championship DNA.

I don't think the top players/leaders are making progress toward winning 4 playoff series. It's that simple for me. Whether you call it Miller, Horvat or Myers/OEL.. Meh just doesn't resonate when you've watched Seabrook, Peca, Iginla, Toews, Pronger, Kronwall etc take on the face of the team and locker room.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We got talent, just lacking professionals who take every game seriously.

They say veteran teams can shut it down when you have a 3-0 game. Well, our leaders are reaching veteran status and this team still isn't showing championship DNA.

I don't think the top players/leaders are making progress toward winning 4 playoff series. It's that simple for me. Whether you call it Miller, Horvat or Myers/OEL.. Meh just doesn't resonate when you've watched Seabrook, Peca, Iginla, Toews, Pronger, Kronwall etc take on the face of the team and locker room.

The locker room is a damn frat house, I’m awaiting for the ‘someone shits in someone’s bag’ schtick

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
It's results like this that make me wonder what people are on about when they lecture me about Bo's supposed leadership. This team has played 11 games, this team has had one full 60 minute effort against the Penguins. Like Ian MacIntyre said on the post game, some teams wouldn't blow 5 two goal leads ALL YEAR, we've have done it in 5 out of 11 games. Do you think Sidney Crosby would let his team do that?

If we are signing Bo, sign him expecting a winger who is good in the faceoff dot. He can not puck distribute, that's why JT Miller is here. I'm so sick of this 'we signed the wrong person this summer' argument. He's got 7g 5a in 12 games, he's a ppg, but apparently according to Rick Dhaliwal we need to find someone to take his contract? You would think he was donut on the season, not a point per game!

As for this game, what's to say? A $10 bet on the Canucks after the first period would have paid $10.03. We know it's a sucker's bet.

Demko is fighting the puck hard, I don't know if enough has been said about this, but he looks like he has little confidence. He needs to be our best PK'er, but we've been getting caved in short-handed all season.

Reactions: wetcoast

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Iain Macintyre is trying to lay the blame for the tying goal on Garland. Too funny.

If Stillman is in the lineup next game, fire Boudreau.
Bruce is done anyways. This season is done. Canucks need to go like 45-25 the rest of the way lol. BB is gone. The new coach in offseason will be enough of a change to have the dummy fans coming back buying tickets. Same same same every year.

The locker room is a damn frat house, I’m awaiting for the ‘someone shits in someone’s bag’ schtick

Don’t think it is. I think it’s the opposite from what I’ve read. Seems like it’s a morgue in there. Nobody talking to each other. Factions and people hate each other.

With the results and the locker room who in the f*** would wanna sign / resign here? Literally nobody. Bo is gonna ask for 8.5M to stay here or take 6.5M to go somewhere else. Kuz is gone. EP40 counting down the 2 years left of this mess.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
stillman was bad.. wtf scratch him for bones and burroughs. schenn shouldnt be playing everynight at least give him a night off once in awhile. rotate for dermott if hes healthy. ethan bear once again was good blocked shots, jennot with a cheap hit from behind and myers dropped his gloves to protect his teammate.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
The one thing the Canucks didn't expect to have this season is goalie problems. Welp. I don't see a reason to panic yet given the division, but it might be time to re-evaluate whether Demko is the future.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The defense is just a mess. In no world should Ethan Bear step into a lineup and play like a #2 guy.

Personnel decisions are bad & composition is poor and that leads to overplaying Schenn, OEL, and Hughes. Schenn gets exposed and is a 3rd pairing mentor being propped up as a top-pairing guy. OEL is basically a #4 that’s frequently overplayed in key situations and can’t handle the minutes strain. Hughes will just get ground into dust again. There’s no one to fall back on.

Today, with Myers gone and Stillman unplayable, you’re forced to roll with only two pairings. One of those is out of the coaches control but the other is 100% on them. However, the same thing happened two games ago against the Devils when Schenn was ejected. Instead of dressing a rested defencemen they ran with the exact same overplayed unit. Just incompetence.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
His bosses just have up a top 40 pick for him. Bruce knows who butters his bread.

It’s a little premature to know where a 2024 pick will be in the draft order.

I suspect Stillman’s continued existence is from a number of factors: he’s paid more than all the other bottom guys, was acquired by this management team, and is a “character guy”. None of those have anything to do with winning hockey games and he’s far more valuable as a buried contract.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The defense is just a mess. In no world should Ethan Bear step into a lineup and play like a #2 guy.

Personnel decisions are bad & composition is poor and that leads to overplaying Schenn, OEL, and Hughes. Schenn gets exposed and is a 3rd pairing mentor being propped up as a top-pairing guy. OEL is basically a #4 that’s frequently overplayed in key situations and can’t handle the minutes strain. Hughes will just get ground into dust again. There’s no one to fall back on.

Today, with Myers gone and Stillman unplayable, you’re forced to roll with only two pairings. One of those is out of the coaches control but the other is 100% on them. However, the same thing happened two games ago against the Devils when Schenn was ejected. Instead of dressing a rested defencemen they ran with the exact same overplayed unit. Just incompetence.

#1 #2
Hughes #3
OEL Bear

Reactions: canucksfan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We dominated and lead 3-0 after the 1st, and should have lead 4 or 5 -0

And then couldn’t buy a single goal in the last 40 minutes…(they had 45 shots in the game)

Saros shut the door….and the Canucks opened theirs..

As Ruthervin alluded to ..On a positive note..in their last 5 games they have gotten 7 out of a possible 10 points..I’ll take it ..Won’t be any easy points on this Eastern road-trip though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aphid Attraction

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
I'm watching the Condensed version of the game right now.........

No more Simple Minds Forget about me?!?!??!?!?!?!

I'm heartbroken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad