GDT: GM1: Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It is worth repeating no one has truly **** on Sutter as a player. They've **** on the reasons he was acquired, the cost and the contract. Sutter is what he is. It was a nice goal but it's a stretch to suggest he looked good outside of that shift. He was quite stationary and not involved in cycles. But yes let him get comfortable and perhaps things can be salvaged...but make no mstake he was not acquired to play wing with the twins. It's where he ended up right now as they clearly think they are better served right now not having him play center.

Other thoughts:
-I hate pointless staged fights. They are embarrassing.
- Hutton looked good. On the flip side Baertschi and Vrbata did not.
-like the burrows, Hansen, McCann line...tenacious.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I understand it. It fires the team up. Had Dorsett gone out and laid a beating on Ferland, it would have been a big psychological gain for the Canucks.

Except Dorsett doesn't win fights, so. He got beat, and that just fired up the Flames and their building. Asking for trouble if he wants to do that every game.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Sutter spends the whole period intentionally moving himself away from where the Sedins are looking for him to go offensively...

Then, against the flow...the beauty hand-eye off the rush for a goal. :laugh:

Baertschi and Vrbata on 1 line isn't good enough on the forecheck. People ******** on Baertschi, Vrbata has also accomplished nothing. We need Virtanen on that line.

Yeah.

That line needs somebody who can get in and forecheck effectively. Virtanen...Hansen or Burrows would probably work if they weren't otherwise engaged. Heck, even Kenins would probably make that Bae-Bo combo work better.

Right now every one of their dump-ins is like giving the puck away. Can't get any real momentum started unless they manage to enter the zone with possession.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I love watching hockey in the studio but then nothing better than a doctor analyzing injuries, which is not hockey analysis.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Love the ultra dramatic music to show the Giordano injury - same music they play on shows like 48 hours or Dateline when they are narrating or recapping a horrible murder.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
It's a curious thing with goaltenders growing up now. They get yelled out to keep the glove up by typically non goaltender coaches because it appears to take away the net. Which to eyes six feet in the air appears to be the case. But it is the pucks point of view you need to be worried about. Most goaltenders I know will keep the glove low because keeping it high they end up doing what Pang said. They first bring it down to get it proper position but on a rocket shot it wastes too much time.

Not a goalie but I talk to many every week.

I play goal and what he said isn't exactly true. The position on the glove depends on the goalie. Some have it high and some have it low. There is no correct way. Some goalies keep it high the whole time even after the shot.

Covering the top shelf is just as important as covering the middle area right above the pad. In fact, a pure sniper will get a goal every single time he shoots it above the pad. A good goalie needs to know who is coming down the wing and firing it. Often times, good goal scorers aim 6 inches off the ice, not top shelf. That is the money ****.

I don't play professional, but the 6 inches above the pad is a money shot.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
He's just as composed as Tanev was in his first few games with the added offensive ability and creativity. Pretty remarkable. I mean, I projected him to be a good prospect based on what I saw of him in college but he's progressing way faster.

Given that I don't think he's taken some immense, never-before-seen leap from the end of last year to this year, it makes you wonder even more what Travis Green was thinking last year benching him in favour of AHL fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad