GM Talk - Any Reason Why Nonis Should Be Given a Second Chance To Build The Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttman*

I can't believe the love that Nonis gets around here? just wtf.

So Nonis moved some UFA's. Pure Genius! No other GM's in the league do that.

Nonis is the tool that is going to cost us a great pick because he kept the core in tact at the TDL. Now they have no pressure on them and will play 500 hockey getting us a 10-14 pick ffs!

Nonis is responsible for Clarkson, then Columbus drops the Horton deal in Nonis's lap and everyone thinks Nonis did it? What is wrong with you people?

Nonis threw away 27 million of MLSE money and he still has a job. He threw the money away into thin air. Horton will never play for us. He is done. Ruutu Keikoleinen or what ever his name is, threw Nonis a bone.

Nonis traded a very good D man that most people liked, for a lesser D man. Gave St Louis an extra pick with it, and retained Salary. Is this the kind of GM that should have been in charge at the TDL? Hells no!

He albatrossed the Kessel and Phaneuf deals, then couldn't deal them.....because of the deals he gave them?
WTF people!! And you want this tool as your GM for the draft?

He is the worse GM we have ever had hands down ainec.

If you want Nonis as our GM, go away and never come back.

We have to get a new GM before the draft. I would pick almost any guy on these boards before I would pick Nonis. You couldn't do much worse.

And that brings me to Shanahan. Is Shanahan that stupid not to see these constant mistakes Nonis makes? Why has Nonis not been canned? Shanahan is a puppet that is why. He was a smoke screen from the beginning. MLSE has Nonis's back. They just extended them and don't want to waist more money.

MLSE don't know a damn thing about hockey. They know about selling phones.

NONIS has to go and if you don't think so, let your opinion be known so we all know who you are.

He's built a winner. They have a great future with the smurfs Nylander, Kadri, Rielly, Gardiner (afraid to go in the corners)....

Just because teams like LA win cups -- we are going to prove them all wrong and win with a team of smurfs.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Weiss has scored a grand total of 10 goals the last 3 seasons combined and you'd take him back as part of a trade for Phaneuf?...God help us if you were the GM of the Leafs.

If we move the "core" for prospects and picks, we would be near the cap floor. The idea of taking on bad contracts for 3 or less years will be a valuable asset to the Leafs. It might be the best way for the Leafs to get "A" prospects, 1st rounders etc, that normally we would never receive for a Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak type.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Weiss has scored a grand total of 10 goals the last 3 seasons combined and you'd take him back as part of a trade for Phaneuf?...God help us if you were the GM of the Leafs.

if clearing cap space for det

so they can send us picks/prospects for dion?

your damn skippy i take on weiss

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Despite the fact it was his fault in the first place, this trade is genius. Not a single person believe this contract could be moved.

I think the owner of the Jackets orchestrated this trade. I definitely give credit to Nonis answering his telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad