GM of year finalists: Steve Yzerman, Kevin Cheveldayoff, George McPhee.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It has to be McPhee I mean he has totally redeemed himself from that Forsberg for Erat trade.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Weird that this award cares about two rounds of playoffs, one of the more swingy times of the year. Should just be regular season, but media be cray-crazy I guess.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
These nominations are completed at the end of the regular season, the NHL just doesn't announce it right away, has nothing to do with any playoff rounds.

McPhee is the clear cut obvious choice.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Weird that this award cares about two rounds of playoffs, one of the more swingy times of the year. Should just be regular season, but media be cray-crazy I guess.
Nah - I think a big part of this is the perception of how successful deadline moves were (specifically big-time rentals). So waiting for some of the playoffs to see if someone who gambled big is winning or busted makes sense.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
These nominations are completed at the end of the regular season, the NHL just doesn't announce it right away, has nothing to do with any playoff rounds.

McPhee is the clear cut obvious choice.
GM is voted on after the first two rounds (unlike the other noms).

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I was down on McPhee because I didn’t like the way he treated the booing fans at the botched reveal in Vegas, but I have to hand it to him, great team and he is loaded with high draft picks for the next couple years, got to be him in a landslide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad