GM meeting

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Hi guys just wondering if anything has been planned yet this year for GM meetings? I know that guys in GTA usually meet up once a year. If nothing has been planned yet is anybody interested this year?

Nothing yet though I've actually been meaning to post something.

The first question is do we have any "non-GTA" GM's that will be in the area in February or March we could attempt to coordinate a gathering around?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I do need to make a trip out to the GTA for a meeting at some point in the next 6 weeks... I'm still working out when exactly that will be - I'll keep everyone updated....

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Bump so what is happening with this are we all going to have a meeting I know there are atleast 3 other GMS that haven't responded yet cuz I was at last years meeting :p

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
No not yet were waiting to see if Matt is going to be in the GTA anytime soon then plan im guessing around that

Among others... (which Matt did you mean, anyway?) :P

I'm down for it (and it's a lot easier for me to get there now, coming from Bloor & Yonge).

From what I understand, Harbour Sports Grill is a lot quieter now that Centre Sports opened at Maple Leaf Square -- we could either go for the new action, or stick to the tried and true couches at HSG. Probably get better service.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Having been to the new place - we'd need reservations for sure. The place is packed - fun - but packed all the time ( Telus has moved in across the street as well so it can be packed from lunch crowd to last call at times...).

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Thurs. March 10th

Save the date GMs. Thurs. March 10th - location TBD. Rumour has it Matt K and Nick Q will both be blowing through T.O. So good time to call the meeting. DO IT.

GM Kruegs

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
I'm in. My only question is do most people live or work downtown? Eastend, Westend? I'm just thinking if more people are outside of Toronto ro work outside of Toronto we should have it somewhere that is more closer to home. How long are these guys in town? do they catch a plane or train? if plane why not do it closer to the airport?

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Keeping it close to the Union Station hub is generally pretty decent for all since easy access to GO ( for those coming in and heading back out ), airport shuttles and those around T.O. via subway, taxi, etc. I'd be inclined to keep it in that general area but open to other spots if it makes sense - thoughts?

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
just throwing out the idea because I don't know how long Matt and Nick are in town. However on the Friday night the 11th the Battalion and Majors play. Tickets are like $15 we can do some scouting and go out after the game. Just an idea if the 11th would work. Otherwise I don't care it's all good, I'll be there.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
So is this all booked for the 10th ? I believe we have 8 (Matt CGY, Nick STL, Jon CAR, Robb BOS, Drew DET, Doug CBJ,Me DAL, Dryden CHI? Am I missing anyone and what's the set location and time for the reservation assuming one has been set lol ?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'd love to check out the Real Sports Bar. Voted the best sports bar in North America by ESPN of all sources. I know Rob has been there before. Sounds like we'd definitely need reservations.

I'd say sometime after 6:00PM so we are there for the games of the night. I know the Sens are playing in Florida that night, so we'd like need to show up early to ensure we get them to tune all the TV's to that game. With the Flyers in toronto that night, no one will want to see that game anyway.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-americas-greatest-sports-bar/article1922074/

RealSports it is.

I've reserved a table-with-a-view in my name for 10 (in case we get a couple of tag-alongs) for 7:00 PM and onwards. (They're booked up prior to 7:00 with people eating before that night's Philly/Toronto matchup at the ACC... so expect major crowds). We can try and fight our way to the bar prior to 7:00, or just hang around the apparel store.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Wicked! I'm looking forward to bumping elbows with people and trying to stay as far away from Doug as possible as he tries to get me drunk so I can trade Pavelski to him.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Wicked! I'm looking forward to bumping elbows with people and trying to stay as far away from Doug as possible as he tries to get me drunk so I can trade Pavelski to him.

No room for son-of-Paul (a.k.a. Little Joe) anymore - picked up Zajac instead - so you're safe from me. For now. Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!11!!!!!!!

Did we hear from Abbas or Adil about this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad