TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Redden on Waivers

:rangers

Redden on Waivers

alg_wade-redden.jpg

The New York Rangers have announced today that they have put defenceman Wade Redden on waivers. If unclaimed, he will be assigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League.

"Unfortunately, it's a cap world we live in," general manager TribalPhoenix told the New York Times via cell phone this evening. "We explored the possibility of trading Wade to a team where he could perhaps have had a change of scenery and revitalized his career, but there weren't many teams willing to absorb his contract."

"Wade Redden is a fine teammate, and a fine person. This is the result of nothing more than a numbers game. We haven't been happy with his play on the ice, but he's been a consummate professional off it, and we wish him the best of luck. Unfortunately, in order to resign some of our younger players, we were left with few options with the salary cap going down next season."

"With this additional cap space, we hope to get a bit more into the buying for this post-season. Although some may not like the decision, my responsibility is to this team and it's fans to put the best team I possibly can on the ice."

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:sens

The Ottawa Senators will be re-tooling, but trying to stay competitive at the trade deadline. The following is a list of players that are available along with my asking price (you can ask for a player not on the list, but it would be tough)

Anton Volchenkov: 1st in 2010 + Forward prospect
Alex Picard: 3rd in 2010 + Forward prospect or Picard + for a 2nd in 2010
Jonathon Cheechoo: Not sure, if you're interested let me know
Pascal Leclaire: No idea, make me an offer
Jesse Winchester: Will be available to sweeten the pot of any deal
Shean Donovan: 4th round pick? Make me an offer

I'm looking to shed these contracts, so I won't take back more salary (Keep that in mind when making proposals), but will take back a smaller contract.

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:canes

Trade Block:
Ray Whitney
Sergei Samsonov
Matt Cullen
Jussi Jokinen
Erik Cole
Rod Brind'Amour
Tim Gleason
Niclas Wallin
Aaron Ward
Joe Corvo

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Everyone in St. Louis is available.

Its going to take more than you're likely willing to give to get the following.

Erik Johnson, David Perron, TJ Oshie, Patrik Berglund, Lars Eller, David Backes, and Alex Pietrangelo.

AlexMaz

May 28, 2009
Toronto
HUGE INTEREST IN KABERLE. SOME GREAT PROPOSALS. REALLY CONSIDERING ONE AT THE MOMENT. GET THOSE LAST MINUTE OFFERS IN BECAUSE I MAY ACCEPT THIS ONE REALLY SOON.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Looking to trade Alex Picard to a non-playoff team in exchange for a UFA defenceman. PM me if you're interested.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I don't see the point of holding this up any longer. You may now send in trades (to BOTH CD and I). Please read all of the rules before doing anything.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Anyone know what to do about my cluster**** of a roster??

Bieksa is on LTIR, Demitra was on it all season up until this point. Trying to figure out what to do with their salaries.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:ducks ACQUIRE NICLAS BERGFORS FROM :devils.
bergfors_niclas_r__1072786l.jpg

To Anaheim: | To New Jersey:
Niclas Bergfors|Scott Neidermayer, Saku Koivu

The Anaheim Ducks have acquired young forward Niclas Bergfors from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for two veterans in Scott Neidermayer and Saku Koivu, who are both UFA's at the end of this season.

"We want to send Scott back home and Saku to a playoff contending team. Scott brings the Devils a true number one defenseman and get an excellent leader in Saku. We may have overpaid, but we think it's what is best for our re-build."

Bergfors will join stars Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry on the top line of the Ducks.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
In order to bring their roster down to 23 (with Paul Martin and David Clarkson coming off IR and the additions of Scott Niedermayer and Saku Koivu), the Devils have put Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond, Ilkka Pikkarainen, and Andrew Peters on waivers with the intent to send them elsewhere and sent Nick Palmieri and Patrick Davis directly to Lowell.

This leaves NJ with 23 players on their every-day roster.

Last edited:

Haligonian

---------
Dec 23, 2008
Halifax
:kings UPDATE :kings

We are in talks with a few teams for a top-4 defenceman (reasonable cap hit), top-6 center and cheap bottom 6 role players. We want to make a lengthly run this year. PM me if you have what I am looking for (I have plenty of prospects/picks that I can trade but you may have to take some cap off of me too) because chances are I am going to make these moves sooner rather than later.​

Halifaxhab*

Tampa Bay is actively shopping

Lecavalier
St-Louis
Tanguay

Willing to listen to offers on all roster players except Stamkos, Hedman

Looking for legitamate hockey deals and high draft picks/prospects as I am not in cap trouble.

TBL are also willing to take on salary if that player fits our needs or comes with incentives (high picks/prospects)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:wings

To make room for Justin Williams and Johan Franzen coming off IR, Detroit assigns Justin Abdelkader to Grand Rapids and places Brad May on waivers.

:stars

Dallas puts Krys Barch on waivers because I loathe him.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Habs players on the block​

Roman Hamrlik - looking to get another defenceman in return. A playoff team looking for a upgrade to make a cup push should come calling.

Jaroslav Spacek - Won't cost much, Spacek's have been very good defensivly and playing on his off side hurt his offensive game much. Still a very solid veteran.

Max Pacioretty - Looking for a establish roster player.

Sergei Kostitsyn - Could be part of a package or will be move for a establish roster player.

Matt D'Agostini - Good young speedy sniper who could really use a change of scenery. Matt needs more playing time and a real chance. A team with not much money and great playmaking ability center should look at D'Agostini, could be a real steal.

Hal Gill - Great bottom pair defenceman and the best PK D-men in the league. Could be a key addition to a playoff team, killing penalties in the playoff is a major asset. He won't cost much.

Travis Moen - Great 3rd line warrior. What you see is what you get. Looking for...I don't know lol.

George Laraque - Well he won't cost much, we are ready to talk for a money deal, your bad 1.5mil$ or so contract you want to get rid of for him...

And now the goaltender...

Jaroslav Halak or Carey Price will be traded. They won't come cheap and we are still uncertain of what we really want in return yet.

PM us with offer for both and we'll see what we can do from there.

Other names can be involve in talks and many Prospect are available. We will NOT trade P.K. Subban, don't ask for him.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Have some interesting offers in for Kevin Bieksa and Cory Schneider.

Bieksa is a 40 point Top 4 D-man who can push 28 mins a game.
Cory Schneider is the best goalie not in the NHL, ready to make a move up to the big leagues.

PM if interested.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
:nashville

Hamhuis and Tootoo will both be moved before the deadline. Get offers in now. We are also looking to move top 6 forward David Legwand very soon.

:flyers

Will begin preliminary talks to trade Gagne and/or Hartnell, but neither will be moved until the offseason, likely the draft.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad