GM Game #4 by The Instigator, PG, and JW (MIN available)

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
READ THE RULES.

And make sure you have your ROSTER & CAP INFO posted in the roster thread!

Commissioners

Game Schedule
  • Entry Draft First Round: Saturday, June 9th
  • Entry Draft Rounds 2-4: Sunday, June 10th
  • Free Agency: Monday, June 11th

Salary Cap
  • CAPFRIENDLY IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL CAP INFO.
  • The salary cap maximum for the 2018-2019 season is $80M.
  • The salary cap minimum for the 2018-2019 season is $59M.
  • Each team will be subject to an internal budget, calculated by adding 6.25% of a teams final 2017-18 cap expenditures to their 2017-18 final cap hit.
Capture_zpssez8cmop.png~original

• GM’s may approach @The Instigator and @Joel Ward with requests for increased budgets, but sources supporting a teams willingness to spend must be cited.
  • Teams may exceed the cap maximum by 10% during the offseason.
  • Teams must comply with the salary cap during the season and by the end of the game.
  • Teams may have a roster of no more than 23 players by the end of the game.

Waivers/Buyouts

• Post in this thread if you’d like to place a player on waivers.
  • Burying a player in the minors or Europe only eliminates a maximum of $$1.025 of their cap hit. Use the Buyout Calculator.
  • A player will be on waivers for 24 hours.
  • Waiver priority will be based on the NHL standings at the end of the 2017/18 season.
  • If a team claims a player off of waivers, they then have the lowest waiver priority.
  • Teams are permitted to use a maximum of TWO ordinary buyouts.
  • Buyout Calculator

Trades
  • All trades must be sent to @Joel Ward and @The Instigator or else they are not valid.
  • Trade submissions must include the teams involved, the first and last names of players involved, as well as, the year and original owner of draft picks changing hands, as applicable.
  • Trade submissions that do not contain all relevant information will not be valid.
  • Once a trade is agreed upon, send it in BEFORE POSTING, and then you can announce it in the thread. A deal without a NTC or NMC does not have to be approved.
  • If a trade is announced prior to it being sent in, it will be vetoed.
  • ALL MOVES MUST BE SOMEWHAT REALISTIC. The commissioners hold the power to veto any moves we deem to be ridiculous.
  • A trade involving a NTC or NMC must be sent in by BOTH GMs with a reasoning for the player(s) to waive. The trade must be approved by BOTH JW and The Instigator prior to posting. Keep in mind that many NTCs or NMCs will NOT be waived.
  • A proactive approach for clause waives is encouraged - if you're not sure if a player will waive for a specific team - ASK! You can likely expect a response within a day, if not much sooner.
  • The commissioners will provide a 5 to 8-team no-trade list for players with an unspecified "limited NTC" upon request.
  • If a trade involving a NTC or NMC is announced before approval, it will be vetoed.
  • If a team does not have enough cap space to complete a trade that has been sent in, the trade will be vetoed.
  • Vetoed deals must be significantly altered in order for them to be accepted.
  • If a player waives his NTC or NMC, the NTC or NMC will still be valid with their new team.
  • Players retain no-trade protection after being traded unless the clause was not already active at the time of the trade.

Free Agent Offers
  • All free agent offers must be submitted to agents in the following format: Player Name - # years, $#,###,###/year, Clause (i.e. Evander Kane - 7 years, $7,000,000/year, LNTC), or else they will not be valid.
    • This is to be fair to those who volunteer their time as agents. It is otherwise an incredibly tedious task to keep track of player offers and post them in the FA thread.
  • All RFAs will be tendered a contract unless specified by their GM.
  • Offer Sheet Calculator
  • Teams are only permitted to use their own original selections as compensation for offer sheets.

Awards
  • Upon the conclusion of FA, teams will be asked to post their final rosters in the main thread.
  • GM’s will vote collectively on the best team on paper, the best rebuild, the best re-tool, the most improved, the best signing, and the best trade (for both sides)

Agents

GM LIST

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
Boston Bruins - @Reigning Defending
Buffalo Sabres - @RR
Detroit Red Wings - @Gibby
Florida Panthers - @Pucker77
Montreal Canadiens - @OB5
Ottawa Senators - @Retinalz
Tampa Bay Lightning - @trick9
Toronto Maple Leafs - @HOCCA Scouting

Metropolitan Division
Carolina Hurricanes - @forsbergavs32
Columbus Blue Jackets - @SoundwaveIsCharisma
New Jersey Devils - @Joel Ward
New York Islanders - @AslanRH
New York Rangers - @Peter Griffin
Philadelphia Flyers - @stempniaksen
Pittsburgh Penguins - @Dabeast
Washington Capitals - @Joel Ward

Western Conference

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks - @ChuckyToGally
Colorado Avalanche - @SJSharks39
Dallas Stars - @Mischief Managed
Minnesota Wild -
Nashville Predators - @Zemgus26
St. Louis Blues - @donghabs98
Winnipeg Jets - @ujju2

Pacific Division
Anaheim Ducks - @Sarcastic
Arizona Coyotes - @AveryStar4Eva
Calgary Flames - @kinger8998
Edmonton Oilers - @HailMcJesus
Los Angeles Kings - @hi
San Jose Sharks - @matt trick
Vancouver Canucks - @Vancouver Canucks
Vegas Golden Knights - @The Instigator

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Questions:
Can you link me to my final cap expenditure? I can’t find it on CapFriendly via my phone.

The link to elcs isn’t working for me, is there a location I can access this info?

Is the 900k still the rule although IRL the number is $1.025M?

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:nashville

Wow, those new changes are interesting. Going to make it harder to achieve my goals with that cap.

Nonetheless, we are still looking to contend and become the unquestionable cup favourites. Looking to find a top-6 RW (Smith/Hartman/Tolvanen + ideally). Bonino can be had fora pick / prospect.

Also willing to make some big moves. They won't come cheap, but Johansen and Subban CAN be had for a cheaper / lesser top-6 C or top-pair RHD (+).

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:sens Erik Karlsson is on the block. Though he will likely re-sign on July 1st. The ask is at Top 4 RD, Top Prospect, Top 10 pick or equivalent.

No Trade List is as followed

Arizona
Buffalo
Carolina
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver
Minnesota
Detroit
New York Islanders
Montreal

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:hawks

Artem Anisimov (MNTC) and Anthony Duclair are in play.
EDIT : Already a few inquiries for Duclair. I would like a young top 9 two-way forward coming back.

8th overall could be moved for a young top 6 LW or top 4 LHD.

Also listening to offers for Corey Crawford (MNTC).

Not opposed to trade ideas for Brandon Saad but unlikely to move at this point.

Last edited:

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Questions:
Can you link me to my final cap expenditure? I can’t find it on CapFriendly via my phone.

The link to elcs isn’t working for me, is there a location I can access this info?

Is the 900k still the rule although IRL the number is $1.025M?

Kept meaning to change those two, thank you. The ELC chart was lost in migration.

Here is the link for the final cap hits of each of the teams: https://web.archive.org/web/20180414224516/https://www.capfriendly.com/

Reactions: AslanRH

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
That's going to be hard with McDavid's new deal kicking in.

Interesting changes though, it will be fun to see how everyone copes with it.

Reactions: The Instigator

OB5

May 2, 2015
:habs

Are burning it down.

EVERYONE is available, we are in multiple talks with teams to move key players such as Pacioretty, Gallagher, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Shaw, Alzner Weber, Petry...even Carey Price. Nobody on the roster is untradable, even the smaller pieces like Benn, Schlemko, Byron etc. We are starting from scratch and looking for picks and prospects.

We are NOT a budget team and have received permission from the league to spend to the cap...we are ok with taking on cap.

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Let’s kick this game off with a big trade!

:coyotes

Mark Stone (RFA), Christian Jaros (0.755/2)

:sens

Max Domi (RFA), Jakob Chychrun (0.925/1)

Reactions: Joel Ward

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:caps

Have completed a deal to add another scoring option pending NTC approval.

Grubauer and Burakovsky are likely gone, but wouldn't be opposed to adding to our defense. Futures can be discussed.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Kept meaning to change those two, thank you. The ELC chart was lost in migration.

Here is the link for the final cap hits of each of the teams: https://web.archive.org/web/20180414224516/https://www.capfriendly.com/
Thank you.

I’m guessing you intended a 6.25% increase to the previous year end.

:isles

will be working with a $78.4M-ish budget, so we will be looking to upgrade our top 4 defense (1 on each side but priority is RH).

Draft picks are our best currency, as our prospect pool is shallow and we have little options to build it up with.

Reactions: Joel Ward

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Thank you.

I’m guessing you intended a 6.25% increase to the previous year end.

will be working with a $78.4M-ish budget, so we will be looking to upgrade our top 4 defense (1 on each side but priority is RH).

Draft picks are our best currency, as our prospect pool is shallow and we have little options to build it up with.
Hahaha yes, JW has it worded like you only get 6.25% of the cap.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Wondering if LTIR players like Bolland count against the internal budget since the contracts are insured?
If the LTIR player was part of the cap expenditure from last year it’s already accounted for.

Edit: So yes it counts against the budget because if you take him out of the equation your expenditure from last year goes down and you’re essentially in the same spot.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
:canes

We will be looking to continue building through young players and the draft. #2 is off the table but everyone but Aho and Hanifin can be discussed.

Needs are to get younger at all positions.

Last edited:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
To :nashville - Anders Lee + NYI 2018 3rd + Logan Cockerill
To :isles - Dante Fabbro + Juuse Saros + Emil Pettersson

Probably overpaid in futures but one of our top goals this offseason was to find a great goal scorer and we went after Lee hard as our main target. In addition to this, we have had our eyes on Cockerill as a great darkhorse prospect to become a useful NHL role player. We wish Fabbro, Saros and Pettersson the best but they were each stuck behind great players at their positions and think New York offers them a great opportunity.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
To :nashville - Anders Lee + NYI 2018 3rd + Logan Cockerill
To :isles - Dante Fabbro + Juuse Saros + Emil Pettersson

Confirm.

Tough to lose Lee, but there may not have been a bigger way to keep Wagner interested in re-signing than improving our goaltending and defense.

Thankfully we believe Bellows is ready to step into that LW roll.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:caps
Mike Hoffman
OTT 5th 2018

:sens
Andre Burakovsky
Phillip Grubauer
Brooks Orpik
WSH 2nd 2019

@Joel Ward
:caps confirm

Tough to move on from three important players, but we are in a bit of a cap squeeze and Hoffman will provide us with another sniper to shoulder the load in the top 6.

Still looking to add a LD, preferably someone who can kill penalties.

Reactions: ChuckyToGally

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
@Bob McKenzie : One team that is very active right now in trade talks is the Chicago Blackhawks. You can totally expect to see the 8th overall pick traded at some point tonight.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:rangers

Are pretty much open to trading anyone for the right offer. Have a few irons on the fire so to speak, some involving moving players for picks/prospects, and some involving the opposite. Our only untouchables are Henrik Lundqvist, Pavel Buchnevich and Lias Andersson.

Mats Zuccarello available for a 1st round pick.

Vlad Namestnikov is available for picks/prospects.

Kevin Shattenkirk could also be moved. Salary retention is possible.

Chris Kreider/Kevin Hayes/Mika Zibanajed could also be moved, but less likely that any of them go barring an overpayment.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad