GM Game #2 by TP, RR, and IR

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
:jets
Still shopping most of my roster, Wheeler, Buff, Enstrom, Setoguchi, Jokinen, Stuart all OTB, willing to listen to offers on Ladd and Little but I would need a great offer.

Jets aren't really interested in anyone over 25-26yo and for the most part would prefer good quality offers as opposed to quantity. Young roster players or prospects that can fill the following roles are what we are looking for in return... Top 6 RW+C, Top 4LHD, 1G

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Yup. Going to shatter the playoff-less streak.

Value wise I think you did just fine. I'm just venting cause they're so abysmal.

The way I see the Oilers line-up has these 5 problems:
1) Their offense is a bunch of small, fast, young, one-way forwards with that are largely not ready to be the go to players.
2) The defense has a few players who would be adequate #4 d-men on most teams, and maybe a #3 depending on who (Smid, Petry) is playing well. They need a #1 and #2 d-man to be a contender. Hopefully Schultz and Nurse can fill one of those roles.
3) The bottom 6, outside of Gordon and Arcobello (who offers the same weaknesses of Eberle, Perron, RNH, Hemsky, Yakupov), are awful. No identity, no scoring, no physicality, only two adequate penalty killers.
4) Goaltending- in today's market, I believe this is fairly easily repairable repairable. Too many goalies. Plus I think Dubynk would be fine.
5) Leadership/no one who has been there.

While Giroux is small, he faces the best defenseman every night and averages 80+ points per year (and does it with lesser linemates than Hall+Eberle/Simmonds), has done it before, and will allow RNH to face second level defenders. He is also 25.

Simmonds is totally different than any forward within the Oilers line-up. He adds size, physicality, and forechecking that no one else has. Also 25.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:sabres

We've received a ton of interest on Christian Ehrhoff and Steve Ott, and though we weren't thinking of moving these guys, the right offer could make us do it.

Drew Stafford and Matt Moulson have received some interest as well. Keep the offer comin'!

I'm surprised Ryan Miller hasn't received any interest so far. A top-flight goalie with great stats this year, come on people.

Looking for:
-Young starting goalie OR Grade A goalie prospect
-Young NHL-ready, high-quality players at C and W
-2014 and 2015 1st round picks

Stillsies

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:nucks

Still seeking a proven 2nd line center, preferably with term left on his contract. All picks/prospects including Bo Horvat are available as well as young players Tanev, Schroeder and possibly Zack Kassian for the right deal.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
resize

Is not being moved for your garbage 2nd round picks.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:rangers

The Rangers still have captain Ryan Callahan, Rick Nash, Dan Girardi, Anton Stralman, Brian Boyle, Taylor Pyatt, Dominic Moore, Michael Del Zotto all available

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Eager, Smyth, Hemsky, and N. Schultz are available for teams looking to add depth for a playoff run.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:sabres

Remember, Christian Ehrhoff will only potentially waive his NMC to go to a contender.

Matt Moulson has had some decent offers, but nothing amazing, same goes for Drew Stafford.

Some offers have come in for Ryan Miller, lackluster at best.

Looking for:
-Young starting goalie OR Grade A goalie prospect
-Young NHL-ready, high-quality players at C and W
-2014 and 2015 1st round picks

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:devils

Anton Volchenkov is available for cheap. Will considering doing a 1 for 1 trade for another player with a bad contract.

Andy Greene, Marek Zidlicky, and Bryce Salvador are available if you're looking for a top 4 d-man.

I might be looking to trade Malcolm Subban for an equal value forward prospect, or packaging him with Adam Henrique/Travis Zajac for an upgrade at center or a high-end center prospect.

Last edited:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
:jets
Still shopping most of my roster, Wheeler, Buff, Enstrom, Setoguchi, Jokinen, Stuart all OTB, willing to listen to offers on Ladd and Little but I would need a great offer.

Jets aren't really interested in anyone over 25-26yo and for the most part would prefer good quality offers as opposed to quantity. Young roster players or prospects that can fill the following roles are what we are looking for in return... Top 6 RW+C, Top 4LHD, 1G

Still this!! Really looking to change the face of the franchise build it around Trouba, Schiefele, Kane, Bogosian.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:nashville

Leaning towards keeping Shea Weber at this point, but I'll still take offers for him. Kevin Klein is very much available. Looking for a youngish top 6 foward in return.

Eric Nystrom and Spaling can be had for free.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
I'm shocked that Edmonton wasn't on Simmonds no-trade list. If I had been PMd and asked to approve it I'd have said no. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad