GM Game #2 by SJS, HOCCA & JW

OB5

May 2, 2015
here.

Man my teams got no respect I tell ya. No respect!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Around before 5PM EST, would love to make a couple of moves before the draft.

:vegas

- Nick Holden and Cody Eakin are available for cheaper options and/or draft picks
- Ivan Morozov available for 2019 2nd draft pick
- DAL 2nd 2020 and PIT 2nd 2020 are available for 2019 draft picks
- NOT looking for a big shakeup prior to UFA (most roster players unavailable)

:ducks

- Ryan Kesler and Cory Perry available (not going to treat them as full on cap dumps, willing to take money back though)
- Andrew Cogliano available cheap (still good players, but would like to open up spots for youth)
- Max Jones available for a similarly rated D prospect

Also open to moving up in the draft (with either team) using multiple picks and/or prospects.

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
Habs still looking to buy despite not making he playoffs.

13th overall in play.

Ryan Poehling in play.

Looking for a top 4 LD and a top 6 W.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:ducks :flames

To Calgary: Patrick Eaves + Carter Rowney + Conditional pick*
To Anaheim: James Neal

*If Neal hits 10+ goals the pick is a 4th in 2020, 20+ goals and the pick is a 3rd in 2020, 30+ goals and the pick is a 2nd in 2020.

We wish Patrick and Carter the best in Calgary. We feel like we were able to add the best player in the deal, while also opening up a spot in the lineup for one of our high end prospects.

Reactions: Zemgus26

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:rangers

Rangers have around 13M in cap space with only a couple spots to fill. With that being said we are open to taking cap dumps for picks/prospects. Short term only (1-2 years), if it’s longer it’ll have to be worth it.

Also open trading for young players and prospects.

:bruins

Bruins are strapped for cap. Likely won’t be doing much except making our draft picks and signing a few depth guys in free agency. Unless someone trades us a 1st/comparable prospect for Krug our hands are tied.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Big trade to announce:

:coyotes

William Nylander (sign & trade, 6 years, $7.5m per
Toronto 2019 1st (25th overall)

:leafs

Jakob Chychrun
Arizona 2019 1st (3rd overall)

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Big trade to announce:

:coyotes

William Nylander (sign & trade, 6 years, $7.5m per
Toronto 2019 1st (25th overall)

:leafs

Jakob Chychrun
Arizona 2019 1st (3rd overall)

Confirm. This is a big deal for us; we add a replacement for Jake Gardiner on a solid contract, and add a big-time pick for our continued pipeline of prospects.

That said, the 3rd overall pick is available to either move down in the draft, or in a deal for a top-4 RHD.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Not a fan of Will Ny the hockey guy?

:panthers

Looking for someone to take James Reimer off our hands. Jared McCann or Frank Vatrano could go for a pick or equivalent LHD.

:caps

Shopping Burakovsky, Bowey and our picks for a roster upgrade at wing or a physical LD.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Not a fan of Will Ny the hockey guy?

:panthers

Looking for someone to take James Reimer off our hands. Jared McCann or Frank Vatrano could go for a pick or equivalent LHD.

:caps

Shopping Burakovsky, Bowey and our picks for a roster upgrade at wing or a physical LD.
I just don't see how that's a fair trade...but I could be wrong.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
I just don't see how that's a fair trade...but I could be wrong.

Depends how you want to look at it. Coyotes are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and this was our chance to add a young, 60-point forward. Chychrun may develop into a 2nd pairing D, but in the last four years, including his draft season, he hasn't played a full season suffering multiple injuries to his knees and legs. It's a risk but one we're willing to take.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Depends how you want to look at it. Coyotes are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and this was our chance to add a young, 60-point forward. Chychrun may develop into a 2nd pairing D, but in the last four years, including his draft season, he hasn't played a full season suffering multiple injuries to his knees and legs. It's a risk but one we're willing to take.

Agreed; from our side, we got an affordable replacement for Gardiner, and move to 3rd overall which is great currency to address other areas.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I haven't followed the draft that closely yet. Honest question: Is this a weak draft. The 3rd overall imo is being traded like it doesn't have extremly high value.

Don't get me wrong, Nylander is a nice piece but I really like that trade for Toronto. Just like a 3rd overall would normally have a lot more value then Ritchie when moving down that far I think.

Reactions: OB5

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I haven't followed the draft that closely yet. Honest question: Is this a weak draft. The 3rd overall imo is being traded like it doesn't have extremly high value.

Don't get me wrong, Nylander is a nice piece but I really like that trade for Toronto. Just like a 3rd overall would normally have a lot more value then Ritchie when moving down that far I think.

I cover Ontario, and I can say that it's not a fiercely strong draft from the OHL. 2020 will be better. Hughes is electric.

As far as trade value, we needed to get help on the left side and add physicality and size which we didn't have a ton of. Ritchie is playing well this season, and he's affordable, plus we stay in the 1st with a decent pick. We also knew Leivo needed a fresh start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad