Paul Byron - Riley Nash - Greg Nemisz
Jody Shelley, Pat Dwyer

Jay Bouwmeester - Mark Giordano
Jeff Schultz - Anton Babchuk
Roman Josi - Ryan O'Byrne
Francis Bouillon

Miikka Kiprusoff
Henrik Karlsson

Calgary's rebuild went into full effect this season and I'm pretty happy with the results. I know not many people liked my Iginla trade, I probably wouldn't have either but it was a lot more value than anyone wanted to offer up. It's all about quality and Kuznetsov was by far the best piece I could have received, my only regret in the trade was forgetting Washington had COL's 1st, which I should have asked for instead of taking the 30th but Faksa's a nice prospect so it worked out.

I also moved out Rene Bourque and Alex Tanguay. The Tanguay trade was a bit of a revelation getting Justin Faulk and a top 15 pick in return (Girgensons :handclap:). Overall I started with a pretty poor prospect pool and I think it's something like 4/5 my top prospects now came in either through trades I made or this draft. I'm sure Flames fans wouldn't have been happy to see Iggy go but all in all I think this roster could look a whole lot worse for a rebuilding team. I kept Kiprusoff, and two legitimate top pairing guys and I now have a solid young forward core to go into the future with. This roster also doesn't mention Matt Dumba, Sven Baertschi, Dmitri Orlov, or Justin Faulk who will all provide healthy competition for my young team. With Baertschi's current season it'd be a real shame for him to spend another year in the Dub but I sorta prefer the slow developmental process, especially if we're not gonna be making the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad