**** GM Game #1 Free Agency ****

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
:avs sign Ed Jovanovski to a 1 year deal worth 6.5mil$ along with a NMC.

images

''We needed a #1 defenceman and we felt Jovanovski was the best defenceman available and were very happy to get him.''

Colorado also confirm the signing of depht defencemans Alexander Sulzer, Nate Guenin and Bryan Rodney all to a 1 year 2 way deal worth 600k$ in the NHL and 85k$ in the AHL.

8470685.jpg
8470317.jpg
8470988.jpg

''Depht is always important and we added 3 guys capable of playing in the NHL which adds to our young defenceman Holos and Shattenkirk also capable NHL players. Sulzer, Guenin and Rodney will battle for the 7th spot.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club has signed free agent forward Justin Williams to a 3 year, $11.25M contract.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

The Vancouver Canucks have signed Marcel Goc to a 2 year 1.65M contract, 825k per. As well as Miek Grier to a 1 year 800k contract. They will make up our 4th line with Rick Rypien/Desbien/Bolduc.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

Isles Pay For The Kab

kaberle.jpg
9048113d1484b69db7247fdc56da1dfb

Uniondale, NY Tomáš Kaberle will not have to worry about his future. The New York Islanders announced Tuesday that they have inked the 4-Time All Star defenseman to a contract that will pay him $31,875,000 over 5 years. "He was the guy we've been looking at all along," GM IR4 said in a phone conference. "This was the plan from the beginning." Head Coach Scott Gordon was excited to hear the news. "Ah think Tomas will give us a good veteran presence on ah blue line. He'll be a wicked good addition to ah powahplay accrahs from Mahk Streit."

The Islanders went out of their free agency norm of signing cheap players to cheap contracts. Tomas was seeking the money, and he boy did he get it on Long Island. The Kaberle family will also receive a lifetime supply of free cupcakes, courtesy of the wonderful people at Cupcake Gourmet. By all indications, GM IR4 is still hoping to add a forward with a high skill-set during the remaining free agency period.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
:sharks sign former Conn Smyth Winner Brad Richards

The San Jose Sharks have announced that the team has signed Brad Richards to a 6 year 39 million dollar contract. The contract also includes a no-movement-clause. We believe that Richards is one of the premier passer in the league and Thornton-Richards-Pavelski/Couture will make for a very, very dominant trio of centers. Supporting Richards will be one of the league's finest collection of wingers with Marleau, Havlat, Clowe, Setoguchi, Couture/Pavelski, Larose, and McGinn. We feel this team has all the pieces to get over its playoff struggles.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER SIGNS WITH THE HABS

The Montreal Canadiens have completed a quiet offseason with a key addition to the organization. They have signed forward Jamie Langenbrunner to a three years contract worth 10.5M$.

"We are very excited to add such a complete player to the team. He knows Brian and Scott really well and he is a strong insurance in case Lars Eller can't play a full season in the top 6. With this acquisition, we consider that we have four very effective lines. Jamie will add leadership to an already incredible leadership group."

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
Wild Sign Brewer
Brewer_Eric_STL_02.jpg

Today the St. Louis added defender Eric Brewer to a team that has brough in stars like Dany Heatley and young gun Cory Schneider. Brewer inked a 4 year, 18 million dollar deal with a NTC, that includes a 8 team list. We are extremely happy to add Brewer to our ranks. He brings in Leadership and stabilizes our Blueline.​

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:canes

Carolina has signed Darcy Hordichuk to a 1 year $500,000 deal

Carolina has signed Eric Belanger to a 2 year $3 million deal ($1.5 per year)

Last edited:

johnnydollaz89*

Rangers Add LW Jussi Jokinen
jussi-jokinen-2009-11-19-22-41-57.jpg

The NYR have added Star LW'er Jussi Jokinen with a contract of 5 years 25Million. After back and fourth conversations with Mr Jokinen's agent we had finally agree to terms with the LW'er and we now feel that we can compete for the division title and overall compete for the Stanley Cup next year. GM Johnny Dollaz has built a nice team for the next years to come with a mixture of some nice young guys and some nice good role players. Jokinen will come in and play on the 2nd/3rd line and get alot of PP time.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

Isles Push The Shopping Cart

cartercool.jpg

Uniondale, NY Islanders fans have something big to get excited about for the second consecutive day. RFA forward Jeff Carter reportedly agreed to a 5 year offer sheet presented to him by the Islanders last night. Jeff gets a big payday, as he will rack up $35M over the duration of the contract. The Flyers have elected to receive draft pick compensation, which will see the Islanders giving up their 1st round pick for the next 2 seasons, as well as a 2nd and 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft.

"Jeff adds some star talent to our top 6," GM IR4 said following the press release. "With our young players still improving and two high quality additions this offseason, we're hoping to push for the division title and get deeper into the playoffs."

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
:edmonton add Kevin Bieksa;

bieksa_kevin_big_381.jpg

The Edmonton Oilers have signed defenceman Kevin Bieksa to a 3 year 9 million dollar contract. When on his game Kevin is a top 30 defenceman IMO, so we're happy to get him signed.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Red Seeing White

white.jpg

Newark, N.J. The Devils announced today the signing of one of their prized defensive targets, Ian White.

GM NYsportsfan commented on the acquistion over the phone, "We had an empty spot on our d-corps and were targeting Ian from Day 1. We wanted to add another right-handed shot to our lefty-heavy defensemen. We feel White can quarterback our top powerplay unit and will be in intrical part of our d for a long time to come."

Ian White addressing his new contract--"I feel blessed to be given this opportunity. I think the Devils are constant contenders and will give me one of the best chances to compete year after year. Obviously it's not all about me, and I am looking forward to training camp for that newfound commitment to team defense."

Terms of the contract were upwards of 4 years, 20 million.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Devils "Pot" Their Only Other Need

610x.jpg

Newark, N.J. The Devils are pleased to announce the conclusion of their offseason with one final addition. The club has agreed to terms with Center Ryan Potulny on a 1 year, 1.5 million dollar deal.

GM NYsportsfan, "We are pleased to be able to sign someone like Ryan for our team. We were set on building a team of two highly skilled offensive lines and 2 grinding lines. We think that Ryan will fill a last need for us and will have a battle with Jacob Josefson for the 3rd line center spot."

New acquisition Ryan Potulny on joining his new team, "It's tough becuase I have had to change teams a lot recently. I have a chance to win this year in New Jersey, and I was more than happy to come aboard and try to get the Devils a ring. I will come to camp and try my best to impress new coach IR4 and hopefully land a spot playing significant minutes. Regardless, I will do anything this team asks me to do in order to get a chance to win the Cup."

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
:sharks sign All-star goalie Tomas Vokoun terms of the contract are as follows: 4 years, 4 million per and a NTC.

We could not be happier with this signing. We feel that with this acquistion, we are the only team in the league that can count on top 5 goaltending, scoring, and defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad