GM Game #1 by TP, RR, and IR

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
"This ought to be VETO'D with extreme prejudice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :amazed:

I do NOT believe this trade was approved by RR and IslesRock4. Not in this universe.

I have two PMs that say otherwise. ;)

I don't get what the big fuss is about with a lot of people regarding Edler. A proven top pairing d-man in his prime, and he's signed for a few more years to a good cap hit. I find it funny that some people think he's not even worth two mid-late 1sts especially when we've seen worse d-men on shorter (some cases much shorter) contracts get a 1st+2nd (or something of similar value).

Sure, I get a very good prospect in Pouliot, but the 1st is for 2017, and Bennett doesn't really hold a lot of value anymore.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Really?... seriously????

Well, then that sets the standard for veto authority, eh?

Are you saying I gave up too much? The 1st is for 2017, Bennett can't stay on the ice, and Kunitz holds negative value right now. Pouliot's tough to give up, but he's disappointed this year.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Are you saying I gave up too much? The 1st is for 2017, Bennett can't stay on the ice, and Kunitz holds negative value right now. Pouliot's tough to give up, but he's disappointed this year.

Maybe he's one of those people that thinks potential > proven talent.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or he only watched Edler play the season Torts was the Canucks head coach.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:caps are closing in on a deal for a top 6 forward. Could potentially make Wilson available. Still looking for a top 6 defender.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:flyers

I'm a little suprised at the lack of interest in Matt Read. Solid top-9 player with great wheels, very good PKer, puts up points and gritty.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:sabres

Looking for a young LHD. Reinhart, Girgensons, Larsson, Ennis and Pysyk all available.

Right handed winger and veteran goalie also a need of ours.

We're open to any offers on veterans like Moulson, Gorges, Gionta and Franson.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:sabres :devils

Buffalo has acquired defenceman John Merrill from New Jersey in exchange for forward Tyler Ennis.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:kings trying to move Greene for a pick or prospect.

Also looking to move Brown and Lewis for cheaper bottom-6 forwards, picks or prospects.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:nucks

Dan Hamhuis and Radim Vrbata are still available, and I can retain 50% of their cap hits in the right deal(s).

Newly acquired Beau Bennett, as well as Chris Higgins, Jannik Hansen, Derek Dorsett, and Brandon Prust/Yannick Weber/Matt Bartkowski are also available.

Looking to swap Nicklas Jensen and Linden Vey for other struggling young players.

I will kiss you on the mouth if you take Luca Sbisa.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks looking for D depth and if possible a top line LW

To achieve top line LW I am prepared to part ways with one (or both) of Teuvo or Dano are available but it would require creative accounting with regard to salary cap

Pokka , Hartman , McNeill and picks also on block in right deal

Also looking to actively move Bickell and Rundblad deal

Last edited:

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:sabres :kings

Buffalo has acquired forward Trevor Lewis from Los Angeles in exchange for prospect defenceman Anthony Florentino.

Buffalo has also placed Carlo Colaiacovo on waivers.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs

Around to talk deals.

Forwards:

JVR
Nazem Kadri
Joffrey Lupul
Brad Boyes
Tyler Bozak
Michael Grabner
Mark Arcobello
Peter Holland
Leo Komarov
Shawn Matthias
Richard Panik
PA Parenteau
Nick Spaling

Defencemen:

Dion Phaneuf
Matt Hunwick
Roman Polak
Frank Corrado
Martin Marincin
Stephane Robidas

Goaltenders:

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

We are here tonight as well.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
As a fellow commish, I see no issue with the deal. Valuation can be agreed or disagreed upon, but no grounds for a veto.
As an outsider I would tend to agree. It's at least comparable to what Arizona got for Yandle and Arizona didn't have to take on cap like Vancouver does here. I've seen a lot of Edler and he's a very good top 4 defenseman, but Nuckles didn't hear me say that.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
As an outsider I would tend to agree. It's at least comparable to what Arizona got for Yandle and Arizona didn't have to take on cap like Vancouver does here. I've seen a lot of Edler and he's a very good top 4 defenseman, but Nuckles didn't hear me say that.

How dare you. A top 4 d-man? He's a top 2 d-man, thank you very much.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs

The Rebuild Continues; Leafs send Winnik to the Big Apple

The Toronto Maple Leafs continued their retooling today, sending rugged winger Daniel Winnik to the New York Rangers.

"Daniel was a guy who we had planned to be here longer, but we are beyond appreciative for his work ethic in the Blue and White and decided that he could be a great addition to a contending club." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated in a conference call today.

In exchange for Winnik, the Leafs received former 1st round draft pick Brady Skjei, as well as former 1st rounder Emerson Etem.

"We think Brady has fantastic hockey IQ and brings a good defensive presence to our back end, while Emerson Etem projects to be a big part of our top 9 forwards going into the next phase of our rebuild. We're very happy with this deal."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad