Cody Hodgson: 2 years, 4.8 million
Mike Weber: 2 years, 2.6 million
Jhonas Enroth: 2 years, 3.6 million
Erik Condra: 1 year, 900,000
TJ Brennan: 1 year, 885,000
Luke Adam: 1 year, 918,750 (QO)
Corey Tropp: 1 year, 735,000 (QO)
Alex Biega: 1 year, 635,250 (QO)

Leopold and Lydman UFA rights are available along with Ville Leino.

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:edmonton NEWS AND NOTES

- Sean Monahan has signed his ELC. He'll don #12 when he makes his Oilers debut. We believe he can contribute right away, but will be cautious in our approach. We're in a position where we can wait on him, but will let his play in training camp, pre-season, and likely a 9-game NHL stint before we make a decision on him. He's pencilled in as the pivot between Taylor Hall and Nail Yakupov.

- Oilers have used their amnesty buyout on Shawn Horcoff. We thank Shawn for his services as an Oiler, but the drop in the cap and the changing of the guard have altered the landscape. We couldn't pass up an opportunity to clear cap space.

- No decision has been made on the captaincy as of yet.

- Brian Boyle will wear #22 for the Oilers. We want his size and physicality down the middle, but we like his versatility and he might see some shifts on the LW if we can't sign a physical presence through Free Agency.

- In terms of trades, we're looking for a top pairing defenseman. We're dangling a whole bunch of assets and will pay handsomely. For example, EDM 1st '14, Ales Hemsky, Sam Gagner, Magnus Paajarvi, and a whole bunch of prospects (Rieder, Gernat, etc.)

- We'll turn our attention to Free Agency to fill a couple of spots, notably LW on the RNH - Eberle line and shoring up our bottom defense pairing. Filling the positions from within are also possibilities.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Thanks for the run down on Shinkaruk, Soli. I can live with the pick, especially the things said in the last line :naughty:

You better be! :P I was ready to snap him up at 9 (or at least i would have, had Telus not dropped my internet connection.....oh well, i still got a decent guy)

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
No issue with him signing there, just the fact he didn't go to FA and at least build some excitement.

You want excitement this post-season?

Tune into the Ryan Kesler sweepstakes.
loooove%2Bit.jpg

I considered putting his scandalous ESPN shoot on there, wasn't sure how well that would go over.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:coyotes DRAFT ROUND-UP

Truth be told, I had wanted to trade picks away in this draft for immediate talent.... in doing so though, i ended up with even more picks!! When it comes to "buying lottery tickets" though, quantity doesn't hurt....here's a look at our selections:

9. Andre Burakowsky- My internet crashed before i could make this pick....though this is probably the pick i would have made anyway after Shinkruk went. Possibly the best pure scorer in the draft (sorry MacKinnon fans), we see a future 1st-line winger in Andre....though he also brings a "lunch pail attitude to every shift" as ISS points out, so even if his offense falls short he won't be restricted to the "Top 6 or Bust" category of other high-end scorers. A sure-fire NHLer
MY GRADE: 8.0B

39. William Carrier- As Soli pointed out, is tearing it up in the Q (which i have the opportunity to see much more of out here than the O and the W). I imagine his numbers are a tad misleading (as offense generally is in the more higher-scoring of the junior leagues)...but still looks like a solid Top 6 canadite. Great physical development for his age and does show flashes of leadership on the ice that may go under the radar.
MY GRADE: 7.5C

69. Anton Slypshev- A true high-risk high-reward prospect. If he pans out (and more importantly comes over), he's a Top 5 talent that's an absolute STEAL in the 3rd round. Given that 3rd round picks are a crapshoot to begin with, it was a risk we felt worth taking. Had this guy slated to go later in round 3, but people seemed o have a read on my prospect list ;) Was glad he was one of the ones I got.
MY GRADE: 8.0D

71. Sven Andgrehetti- Like Slyphsev, passed over last year in a move that surprised a lot of people. Like Carrier, also tearing it up in the Q this year. Could be a 1st round-talent if his skillset can transfer over to the next level
MY GRADE: 7.0D

80. Maxime Gravel- Nothing flashy or spectaular about him, just steady in all facets of the game. One of those guys you see becoming a 'jack-of-all-trades' #4/5 D-man....and late in round 3 that's nothing to sneeze at if it comes true.
MY GRADE: 6.5B

101. Dane Fox- Notice a theme?? Next up in the "surprised they didnt get drafted in 2012' list....Dane Fox. Comes very highly-regarded in OHL circles. high-skilled player with character issues.....but heck if Raffi Torres can make it here, why not Dane Fox??
MY GRADE: 6.5C

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Pending RFA signings and the letting go of Penner, Emery, and Drewiske, the Kings should be looking at beaing right at the cap ceiling. With that, Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene are availible.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
:ducks have been informed that Teemu Selanne will retire.

Therefore, the Ducks are in the market for a top 6 RW. Also the rights to Saku Koivu are available

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
:wild RFA's Re-Signed

Marco Scandella- 3 years, $2.5 million
Jared Spurgeon- 1 year, $1.75 million

Steve Kampfer, Justin Fontaine, Kyle Medvec, Joel Broda accept QO's.

Still working on Matt Hackett.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Not singling anyone out specifically....but after receiving several PMs about OEL recently, indulge me for a second...

Look at your roster. Take your best player, you franchise early-20s guy, and ask yourself "would I trade this guy for spare parts?" If the answer is 'No'......you should probably assume I won't either :P

but seriously, he's not available. Many others are however!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

The Montreal Canadiens have signed recently drafted forward Aleksander Barkov and Jonathan Drouin to an entry-level contract. They will both start the year in the NHL as we feel they are NHL ready. Size may be an issue for Drouin but he is already to dominant to return to the juniors.

Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi will also start their career in the NHL.

We have also decided to use our amnesty buyout for Scott Gomez. He will become a free agent.

Tomas Kaberle will be placed on waivers. If he isn’t claimed, his contract will be loaned to an European team.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:bruins

We're open to trading one of Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Dennis Seidenberg or Rich Peverley for some GOOD young roster players.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:jets

Available pieces include Mark Stuart, Jim Slater, Patrice Cormier and Chris Thorburn.

Looking to package them with a prospect like Klingberg or Telegin or Negrin for an offensive upgrade.

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
:canes

In the cheapest deal I can ever remember him signing in one of these games the the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to announce the resigning of Alexander Semin to a 7 year deal worth $52.5M with a full NTC.

Boom

Spacecorn

Jul 4, 2012
The moon
:flames General Manager :flames

I just want to apologize to fellow GMs that I was lacking in actively during this game. Work and school got really busy and something very unexpected happened. I wouldn't have signed up if I knew this was going to happen. I wasn't expecting to be so inactive but I've made some trades and drafted two very good plays and happy to receive the rest. With that said I'm happy to introduce the newest additions to the Calgary Flames Organization.

Introducing from the Edmonton Oil Kings Curtis Lazar.

The Flames have lacked depth down the middle for a long time, now I know this won't be a problem anymore with Lasar,Jankowski and Reinhart. I'm positive Lasar can make an impact with the Flames organization.

Introducing from the Halifax Mooseheads Zachary Fucale.

With Kiprusoffs time coming to an end in Calgary the team needs some hope for a future #1 goaile. There were still options for choosing some skilled players but at 21 I couldn't let a future #1 goaile pass.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Sorry I've been loose in this game. For the amnesty buyout, can we just announce it here? Or do we need it approved?

Pretty sure you can just announce it here.

:nhl

I'll be handling UFA Goalies. If you signed a UFA goalie, please PM me the term and length.

Details on Free Agency will be released later today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad