GM Game #1 by SJS, HOCCA, and PG (ANA available)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
READ THE RULES.

And make sure you have your ROSTER & CAP INFO posted in the roster thread!
Commissioners
Game Schedule
  • Entry Draft First Round: TBD
  • Entry Draft Rounds 2-4: TBD
  • Free Agency: TBD

Salary Cap
  • CAPFRIENDLY IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL CAP INFO.
  • The salary cap maximum for the 2018-2019 season is $80M.
  • The salary cap minimum for the 2018-2019 season is $59M.
  • Teams may exceed the cap maximum by 10% during the offseason.
  • Teams must comply with the salary cap during the season and by the end of the game.
  • Teams may have a roster of no more than 23 players by the end of the game.
  • Teams may sign their draft picks to contracts using the ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACT CHART.

Waivers/Buyouts
  • Post in this thread if you’d like to place a player on waivers.
  • Burying a player in the minors or Europe only eliminates a maximum of $900k of their cap hit. Use the Buyout Calculator.
  • A player will be on waivers for 24 hours.
  • Waiver priority will be based on the NHL standings at the end of the 2017/18 season.
  • If a team claims a player off of waivers, they then have the lowest waiver priority.
  • Teams are permitted to use a maximum of TWO ordinary buyouts.
  • Buyout Calculator
Trades
  • All trades must be sent to @SJSharks39 and @Peter Griffin or else they are not valid.
  • Once a trade is agreed upon, send it in BEFORE POSTING, and then you can announce it in the thread. A deal without a NTC or NMC does not have to be approved.
  • If a trade is announced prior to it being sent in, it will be vetoed.
  • ALL MOVES MUST BE SOMEWHAT REALISTIC. The commissioners hold the power to veto any moves we deem to be ridiculous.
  • A trade involving a NTC or NMC must be sent in by BOTH GMs with a reasoning for the player(s) to waive. The trade must be approved by BOTH JW and Peter Griffin prior to posting. Keep in mind that many NTCs or NMCs will NOT be waived.
  • The commissioners will provide a 5 to 8-team no-trade list for players with an unspecified "limited NTC" upon request.
  • If a trade involving a NTC or NMC is announced before approval, it will be vetoed.
  • If a team does not have enough cap space to complete a trade that has been sent in, the trade will be vetoed.
  • Vetoed deals must be significantly altered in order for them to be accepted.
  • If a player waives his NTC or NMC, the NTC or NMC will still be valid with their new team.
Agents
GM LIST

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
Boston Bruins - @PaulBissonnette
Buffalo Sabres - @OnTheBrink
Detroit Red Wings - @Gibby
Florida Panthers - @SJSharks39
Montreal Canadiens - @DummyGotHisDomi
Ottawa Senators - @stempniaksen
Tampa Bay Lightning - @LatvianTwist
Toronto Maple Leafs - @dim jim

Metropolitan Division
Carolina Hurricanes - @HOCCA Scouting
Columbus Blue Jackets - @Dabest
New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers - @hi
Philadelphia Flyers - @Llamamoto
Pittsburgh Penguins - @Peter lafluer
Washington Capitals - @ujju2

Western Conference

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks - @Scholarships
Colorado Avalanche - @ConnorMcMullet
Dallas Stars - @AveryStar4Eva
Minnesota Wild - @Joel Ward
Nashville Predators - @forsbergavs32
St. Louis Blues - @Zemgus26
Winnipeg Jets - @Dabest

Pacific Division
Anaheim Ducks -
Arizona Coyotes - @RR
Calgary Flames -
Edmonton Oilers- @OB5
Los Angeles Kings - @AveryStar4Eva
San Jose Sharks - @SJSharks39
Vancouver Canucks - @Peter Griffin
Vegas Golden Knights - @forsbergavs32

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:nhl
I know a few people volunteered to be agents but I don't remember who it was. So if you want to be an agent, let me know. We need West RFAs and In Season UFAs

:sharks
Willing to move Justin Braun for a forward or futures. Also always willing to improve my roster. Players that are unlikely to move are Hertl, Meier, Couture, Merkley, and Karlsson.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

Our main trade asset for GM Game 1 is Jeff Petry. He still has two more years at a very reasonable cap hit. We are looking for (quality) futures and keep in mind that he has a LNTC so potential playoffs teams only.

Due to a logjam in our offense group, Nikita Sherbak is in play for the best pick or prospect possible.

Andrew Shaw and Karl Alzner are also in play for futures and we are willing to retain on their salary if the return is worth it.

For teams looking for veteran depth, Tomas Plekanec, Jordie Benn and David Schlemko are available.

Listening to offers :
Tomas Tatar
Paul Byron
Charlie Lindgren

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:stars

Looking to contend this season. Biggest need is one or two top six wingers. Unlikely to move Benn, Seguin, Klingberg, or Heiskanen unless there is a big overpay. All prospects and picks are available.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
:jets

Looking for an 2nd line centre mainly, and in general, trying to improve the roster.
Could potentially move Trouba if the deal is right, willing to move all prospects/picks (including roslovi)
Only untouchables are: Laine, Scheifele, Hellebuyck

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
:caps

Looking to move Burakovsky. Also willing to move on from anyone else in our bottom 6 forwards. Very tight cap situation but looking to contend so we're really only interested in "hockey trades" - we have to balance the cap and don't want to acquire picks or prospects.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Our main trade asset for GM Game 1 is Jeff Petry. He still has two more years at a very reasonable cap hit. We are looking for (quality) futures and keep in mind that he has a LNTC so potential playoffs teams only.

Due to a logjam in our offense group, Nikita Sherbak is in play for the best pick or prospect possible.

Andrew Shaw and Karl Alzner are also in play for futures and we are willing to retain on their salary if the return is worth it.

For teams looking for veteran depth, Tomas Plekanec, Jordie Benn and David Schlemko are available.

Listening to offers :
Tomas Tatar
Paul Byron
Nicolas Deslauriers
Charlie Lindgren

We are asked if Phillip Danault is available. He isn’t untouchable as we have a plan for him going forward but for the right offer, we could consider moving him. Feel free to send an offer!

OB5

May 2, 2015
:edmonton

Oilers here.

Obviously willing to make a major shake up if the right deal is there.

Nobody is untouchable...I am even open to trading McDavid but he has a full NTC so it's not going to be easy.

I'm willing to attach picks and prospects to get rid of the bad contracts that buffoon Chiarelli gave out.

Actively looking to move:

Lucic
Russel
Kassian
Strome

Will move to address needs at D and W:

RNH
Draisaitl

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:sens

Available

Matt Duchene
Mark Stone
Ryan Dzingle
Zack Smith
Mikkel Boedker
Bobby Ryan
Cody Ceci
Mark Borowiecki
Chris Wideman
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon

Open to getting creative to dump the contracts of Bobby Ryan, Zack Smith and Mike Condon.

Tons of interest in Duchene/Stone already. The price will be high for both (1st+high end prospect+pick/prospect).

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
:sabres

Looking to contend as of now.

Available: Thompson, Bealieu, Bogosion, Sobotka, Pominville, Girgensons, Elie, 2019 2nd/3rd, prospects

Available for the right deal: Dahlin, Mittlestadt, 2019 1st, Nylander

Untouchable: Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:canes

We're undecided on buying/selling. All depends on the offers we get; that'll decide our direction.

That said, we aren't moving Aho.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:sabres

Looking to contend as of now.

Available: Thompson, Bealieu, Bogosion, Sobotka, Pominville, Girgensons, Elie, 2019 2nd/3rd, prospects

Available for the right deal: Dahlin, Mittlestadt, 2019 1st, Nylander

Untouchable: Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart

I don’t see how you will convince the commishs that moving Dahlin is realistic for Buffalo.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Paul Byron is generating some serious interest so far, it looks like he could be traded early when the game will start.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:bolts

Contending. Looking to improve the roster anyway we can. Any and all prospects and picks (including Sergachev) are available to do so. Higher end assets will obviously cost a lot to move, though.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Getting a lot of heat on Draisaitl.

Keep the offers coming.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:stars

Looking for top six players. Dellandra, Tufte, Oettinger, 2019 1st, Robertson, Hintz, Gurianov, Shore, Ritchie all available. Can package and add other assets.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
:caps in addition to Samsonov, Bowey, and Burakovsky, Vrana is also available for a significant upgrade.

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Well it would depend on the return, Ristolainen is untouchable over Dahlin as I am going to try and contend but if everyone has problems with me trading my top end young pieces to contend I’ll just rebuild like whoever has Buffalo always does... I would have thought it would have to be judged on an individual bases depending on return, it would have to be a top top end piece to move Dahlin.

But if this is going to be auto deny trade lemme know and I’ll just rebuild.

I mean nobody is jumping on oilers for saying Mcdavid isn’t untouchable... who is far less likely to move then Dahlin.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Well it would depend on the return, Ristolainen is untouchable over Dahlin as I am going to try and contend but if everyone has problems with me trading my top end young pieces to contend I’ll just rebuild like whoever has Buffalo always does... I would have thought it would have to be judged on an individual bases depending on return, it would have to be a top top end piece to move Dahlin.

But if this is going to be auto deny trade lemme know and I’ll just rebuild.

I mean nobody is jumping on oilers for saying Mcdavid isn’t untouchable... who is far less likely to move then Dahlin.

Trade whoever you want IMO. As long as the return isn’t stupid like a 2nd round pick. Make it fun shop some guys around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad