GM Game #1 by SJS, HOCCA, and PG (ANA available)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Well it would depend on the return, Ristolainen is untouchable over Dahlin as I am going to try and contend but if everyone has problems with me trading my top end young pieces to contend I’ll just rebuild like whoever has Buffalo always does... I would have thought it would have to be judged on an individual bases depending on return, it would have to be a top top end piece to move Dahlin.

But if this is going to be auto deny trade lemme know and I’ll just rebuild.

I mean nobody is jumping on oilers for saying Mcdavid isn’t untouchable... who is far less likely to move then Dahlin.

its your team, you can do whatever you want. None of us really care

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well it would depend on the return, Ristolainen is untouchable over Dahlin as I am going to try and contend but if everyone has problems with me trading my top end young pieces to contend I’ll just rebuild like whoever has Buffalo always does... I would have thought it would have to be judged on an individual bases depending on return, it would have to be a top top end piece to move Dahlin.

But if this is going to be auto deny trade lemme know and I’ll just rebuild.

I mean nobody is jumping on oilers for saying Mcdavid isn’t untouchable... who is far less likely to move then Dahlin.
While not an auto deny trade, it really depends on the situation. There are situations where I think that it could go through and situations where it will be vetoed.

Reactions: OnTheBrink

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I don’t really care either way, just thought the games are more fun when some of the top end pieces are in play, and don’t want to waste my time wheeling and dealing if gonna be a auto deny.

That being said get your offer in for Dahlin and my other good young prospects!

Reactions: Gecklund

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
:nashville around all evening

Have a couple of offers out on centers but nothing in stone as of yet. That said, I am will to be a bit more open on who I trade depending on how high end the center is. Forsberg, Subban and Saros are the untouchables now. All picks and prospects are also available to facilitate a deal for a #1 center.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

Our main trade asset for GM Game 1 is Jeff Petry. He still has two more years at a very reasonable cap hit. We are looking for (quality) futures and keep in mind that he has a LNTC so potential playoffs teams only.

Due to a logjam in our offense group, Nikita Sherbak is in play for the best pick or prospect possible.

Andrew Shaw and Karl Alzner are also in play for futures and we are willing to retain on their salary if the return is worth it.

For teams looking for veteran depth, Tomas Plekanec, Jordie Benn and David Schlemko are available.

Listening to offers :
Tomas Tatar
Paul Byron
Nicolas Deslauriers
Charlie Lindgren

Around tonight

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
:wings

Around. Obviously looking to rebuild. Pieces that will help down the road are welcomed.

Anybody can be moved so long as they aren't named Dylan Larkin. Dennis Cholowski, and Tyler Bertuzzi are also young pieces we value more than they would probably return in a trade.

Trying to move Gustav Nyquist, and Andreas Athanasiou is the first order of business. Could possibly move our 1st round pick of it makes sense, though it probably won't.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:blues around for an hour.

Contending. Top priority is finding a true #1G if anyone has for sale. We would also love to add a top-4 LD and possibly another top-9 winger.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:stars

Looking for top six players. Picks and prospects on the table.

:kings

Rebuilding. Muzzin, Martinez, Carter, Toffoli, Quick are up for grabs. I can take cap space on.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
:caps around for 30 more minutes or so. Looking for a top 6 upgrade on the wing, but listening to other offers as well.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Our main trade asset for GM Game 1 is Jeff Petry. He still has two more years at a very reasonable cap hit. We are looking for (quality) futures and keep in mind that he has a LNTC so potential playoffs teams only.

Due to a logjam in our offense group, Nikita Sherbak is in play for the best pick or prospect possible.

Andrew Shaw and Karl Alzner are also in play for futures and we are willing to retain on their salary if the return is worth it.

For teams looking for veteran depth, Tomas Plekanec, Jordie Benn and David Schlemko are available.

Listening to offers :
Tomas Tatar
Paul Byron
Charlie Lindgren

Will be around all day.

Three teams still in the running for Byron and it’s not too late to jump in if you want to make an offer.

Interest is there for Petry but no definitive offer on the table at the time we speak.

Some talks regarding Tatar and Scherbak but nothing appears to be imminent.

I can retain 50% of Shaw salary if the return is worth it. With such a retention, his cap hit would be under 2M$.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Oilers are around.

We are very close to moving Draisaitl.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:sens:nashville

To Nashville: Matt Duchene
To Ottawa: Eeli Tolvanen + NSH 1st 2019 + NSH 2nd 2019

We would like to wish Matt the best in Nashville. We're sad it didn't work out for him in Ottawa, but we knew we needed to maximize assets heading into a re-tool. We're thrilled to add a blue chip prospect like Tolvanen, which takes (a little bit of) the sting out out of not owning our 2019 1st round pick. We're also happy to add draft picks to continue re-stocking the pipeline of youth that has been built up over the last few years.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

OB5

May 2, 2015
Draisaitl back on the market.

We had a deal in place with Nashville but they chose to go after Duchene instead.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
:rangers these players will most likely be moved by tomorrow night. Get your offers in. Looking for picks and prospects

Zibanejad
Kreider
Zuccarello
Hayes
Buchnevich

Skjei
Pionk

If you have interest in anyone else let me know

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:sens:nashville

To Nashville: Matt Duchene
To Ottawa: Eeli Tolvanen + NSH 1st 2019 + NSH 2nd 2019

We would like to wish Matt the best in Nashville. We're sad it didn't work out for him in Ottawa, but we knew we needed to maximize assets heading into a re-tool. We're thrilled to add a blue chip prospect like Tolvanen, which takes (a little bit of) the sting out out of not owning our 2019 1st round pick. We're also happy to add draft picks to continue re-stocking the pipeline of youth that has been built up over the last few years.

Great trade for the Sens, steep price to pay for Nashville for Duchene as a rental.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Both Sharks and Florida are looking to make deals. No one is off the table so if you want someone let me know. Both teams are looking for upgrades at forward and D.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:sens

Will be traded: Ryan Dzingel, Chris Wideman, Zack Smith, Mark Borowiecki
Might be traded: Mark Stone, Mikkel Boedker, Cody Ceci, Mike Condon
Probably staying put: Chris Tierney, JG Pageau, Drake Batherson, Max Lajoie
Untouchable: Brady Tkachuk, Eeli Tolvanen, Thomas Chabot, Filip Gustavsson

Not sure how much I'll be around this weekend, so the priority today is to move my upcoming UFA's (Ryan Dzingle, Chris Wideman, Tom Pyatt, Magnus Paajarvi, Max McCormick, Paul Carey, Ben Sexton). Would also love to find a new home for Smith/Borowiecki/Condon (even if it means taking back a cap dump).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad