GDT: Gm 9: San Jose Sharks @ Boston Bruins - 10/24/13 - 7P ET - NHLN-US NESN 98.5 FM

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
The Chara stuff on the main boards is hilarious. 2 minutes for interference and a cross check yes but worse than John Scott's hit on Loui give me a break.

When did Hertl become Sidney Crosby?

This was my favourite :laugh:

Bruins getting a favorable treatment by the media, the experts and the league ? Shocking.
We habs fans know this since the beginning of times, to beat the Bruins you also need to beat the refs who NEVER call hooking/roughing/crosschecking penalties on Bruins players. And we're the divers, lulzpls.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
He can play the game that`s for sure, far from a one trick pony. I watched the game this AM, and too many occasions where he just wasn`t able to keep up and his man was free, didn`t result in anything for the Sharks but...

I love the guy, absolutely love the guy, but I also see the writing on the wall and sentiments aside, I am wondering out loud if it wouldn`t be the wisest thing to manage his games right now. Allow him to get a bit of rest on the back to back games, have him nice and fresh for every game he does play. Not an easy thing to tell a vet who`s meant so much to a team but I`m not sure it wouldn`t really help both he and the Bruins

If I didn't know you were talking about Thornton, I'd say AMEN to doing this with Chara, or even Seidenberg.

How they play in June totally trumps October/November.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

It's funny that people look for any excuse to call the Bruins dirty which then allows the usual suspects to jump in with their nonsense. :shakehead

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Chara thread on the main board is full of Shark-crybabies about the Chara hit (more like their first loss but anyway) and all the Canuck and Hab fans jumped on the thread-bandwagon, ugh. :shakehead :help:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Chara thread on the main board is full of Shark-crybabies about the Chara hit (more like their first loss but anyway) and all the Canuck and Hab fans jumped on the thread-bandwagon, ugh. :shakehead :help:

Only a few Sharks fans I heard only 4 with only 2 crying. The rest are the usual Habs and Nucks sprinkled in with a few other fan bases. :shakehead

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

It's brutal over there. So many butt-hurt fans, and so much spite. Neither play they are up in arms about were anything to write home about at all. Jeez, Sharks fans, learn to take a loss you probably didn't deserve. Sometimes it happens.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
It's brutal over there. So many butt-hurt fans, and so much spite. Neither play they are up in arms about were anything to write home about at all. Jeez, Sharks fans, learn to take a loss you probably didn't deserve. Sometimes it happens.

We weren't that bad when we got shutout at home 1-0 to Colorado after outplaying them the majority of the game, right? :dunno:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
You realize the Sharks were missing Burns, Boyle, Havlat, and Torres, right? Sharks played keepaway the whole night, some B's fans may not want to admit it but they got lucky with this one. Let's see what happens when the Sharks ice their actual team.

Also, to the classy idiot who thought it would be cute to put his half-eaten peanut shells in my hood just because I was wearing a Sharks jersey... go **** yourself. Loser.

I know... I know... just wait for the playoffs, right?

:laugh:

Stop! Please! Our ribs!

And the peanuts. I think it's cute. Warms my heart. You do realize those were only half eaten, right? Meaning you could have eaten the other half. Ungrateful. Just wait for the next time you're hungry. We won't be there!

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I know... I know... just wait for the playoffs, right?

:laugh:

Stop! Please! Our ribs!

And the peanuts. I think it's cute. Warms my heart. You do realize those were only half eaten, right? Meaning you could have eaten the other half. Ungrateful. Just wait for the next time you're hungry. We won't be there!

Ya, they'll get us in the playoffs:laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Just wrapped up my extended visit to that hilarious Chara thread.

..After a few back and forths- some cordial, some not so much- I seriously fear for humanity. Or at least the hockey community.

But I did learn that Colin Campbell still calls all the shots, and Jacobs wines and dines Bettman for lenient officiating. :dunce:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

..After a few back and forths- some cordial, some not so much- I seriously fear for humanity. Or at least the hockey community.

But I did learn that Colin Campbell still calls all the shots, and Jacobs wines and dines Bettman for lenient officiating. :dunce:
Dude the Blackhawks overcame the "riggness" to win the Cup against us. :sarcasm:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Dude the Blackhawks overcame the "riggness" to win the Cup against us. :sarcasm:

Good point. Also, considering the newspaper gesture by Wirtz, I figured that the Habs/Nucks idiot fringe would be accusing Chicago of being favored by the league, since they defeated us (Bettman's darlings). :sarcasm:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Chara stuff on the main boards is hilarious. 2 minutes for interference and a cross check yes but worse than John Scott's hit on Loui give me a break.

When did Hertl become Sidney Crosby?

I was reading earlier today.

No I will grant you Chara deserved a penalty for the crosscheck (or roughing-whatever you want I call it).

But the drama-you would think refs have never missed a call before. Refs miss or let that stuff to all the time. Perhaps the new Crosby should learn to not rush the goalie after the whistle.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

No I will grant you Chara deserved a penalty for the crosscheck (or roughing-whatever you want I call it).

But the drama-you would think refs have never missed a call before. Refs miss or let that stuff to all the time. Perhaps the new Crosby should learn to not rush the goalie after the whistle.

Hertl has to learn little things like that, you all remember about a week ago he left the ice after he skated right into 3 opposing teams' players with the puck while he was looking at the puck. He should know what he has coming to him in those situations.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

Thread of the year candidate. Until next week when some Habs fans and Canucks fans find something the Bruins did to rile up mass hysteria when it was really something very inconsequential. I've posted before that I find it amazing just how much those two fan bases hate the Bruins.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

I'm almost positive that's why it was let go. Rookie's got a learn not to skate right to goal mouth and into a 6'9" behemoth over a clearly dead puck, he doesn't go shoulder to shoulder with Chara he doesn't get one in the mouth and end up on his ass. Chara still should have got a penalty but watching it happen I couldn't figure out what the kid was thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad