GDT: Gm 9: San Jose Sharks @ Boston Bruins - 10/24/13 - 7P ET - NHLN-US NESN 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
This is the San Jose v. Boston Gameday thread.

There was some good stuff the Overlords had ready to go but let's face it...no one's gonna talk about San Jose and no one would really notice the effort nor care. ;) Maybe for the next San Jose game we'll roll it out.

This is unfortunate, of course, as San Jose's undefeated in regulation and a good test of where this team is at and there are tons of great storylines to follow; Jumbo Joe's roosters, Tuukka's Finnish counterpart in the opposite net, Hertl the Turtle....

So....on that note, all I want to say is...good luck and good wishes to Loui. We'll see you back on the ice soon. Hopefully that's what we can really focus on until tomorrow night's game.

SeidenMooseTransparent_zpsa6570442.png
Moose shall dine on shark.​

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Sharks fan coming in peace. Our GDT is up if you guys want to take a look! Hoping for a good game tomorrow, especially because I'll be there!:D
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1522829

Also, hope Eriksson isn't injured too severely, I really like him as a player.

SJ sets the bar high for GDTs. Nice job. I love Marchand.
How come you're on the wrong side? (Being in Boston and all)?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we better not see caron tonite if loui is out.
time for spooner.

in all honesty, the Bruins have played 3 crap teams in a row. This is gonna be a tough game. Sharks are gonna seem better than they are. And they are already a great team.

SupremefartMachine

Oct 2, 2010
Vermont
time for spooner.

in all honesty, the Bruins have played 3 crap teams in a row. This is gonna be a tough game. Sharks are gonna seem better than they are. And they are already a great team.

Sorry mate, no Spooner, he's a center, Caron will be in.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
time for spooner.

why? Caron has played extremely well... his best hockey in the NHL by far. You don't bring up a raw smallish skill player up against the big boys of the west, just doens't make sense in my opinion...

Spooner will get his chance. I imagine one of Bergeron/Krejci/Kelly are bound to miss a few games here and there.

How does Julien re-jig the lines now? Does he reunite the Smith-Kelly-Caron line that was effective in the first 6 games? Slot Caron in Eriksson's spot? Or mix it up completely?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope Loui takes time to recover. I believe the B's know better than to rush him back.

Check out the Sharks GDT as it is excellent.

Looking forward to this one. This is a good test for the B's.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
why? Caron has played extremely well... his best hockey in the NHL by far. You don't bring up a raw smallish skill player up against the big boys of the west, just doens't make sense in my opinion...

Spooner will get his chance. I imagine one of Bergeron/Krejci/Kelly are bound to miss a few games here and there.

How does Julien re-jig the lines now? Does he reunite the Smith-Kelly-Caron line that was effective in the first 6 games? Slot Caron in Eriksson's spot? Or mix it up completely?

if they ever put caron on the second line ahead of marchand, im gonna puke.
i just dont like caron. but if its him, he's gotta be on the 4th line. id move paille up to 3rd.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
time for spooner.

I think you will be disappointed.

My guess is Marchy goes back to the Bergy line and Caron plays right wing with Kelly and Yeti.

I wouldn't mind seeing Spooner come up but I figure they will go with the guy on hand at least for tonight.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think you will be disappointed.

My guess is Marchy goes back to the Bergy line and Caron plays right wing with Kelly and Yeti.

I wouldn't mind seeing Spooner come up but I figure they will go with the guy on hand at least for tonight.

On twitter, Dom wagers Soderberg will actually be moved up to the Bergeron line.

I like that a lot better. Soderberg seems like the perfect player to fill in for Loui on that line. He's big, a good passer and can hold onto the puck in the corners.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Smith - Bergeron - Soderberg
Marchand - Kelly - Caron
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Doesn't look too bad with Loui out. Dat depth. Hopefully Caron can tap into his play from earlier in the season.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is this the night Joe Thornton whips his **** out? (I still don't understand why that was turned into a story)

3-2 Bruins in OT

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@TheBruinsBlog: According to SJ Merc-News, Freddie Hamilton will play for #SJSharks tonight. Unless Julien makes change, should have Hamilton Bros. battle.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
At least this one is at home. It'll be interesting to see if that trumps fresh legs.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Best GDT ever! Simple, yet effective, like the Bruins.

This one should be good, even without Loui. I think Marchand started finding his groove the last couple of games. This is his chance to step up and show that he belongs on the 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad