GDT: Gm 9 - New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins/10-23-14/7P ET/NESN, MSG+, 98.5 FM

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Aaron Ward @TSNAaronWard
Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara has suspected left knee injury. Expected to undergo further tests/evaluation at hospital. #TSN

14o124i.gif

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
We need a tough physical top four defenseman with a heavy shot and isn't afraid to block shots/drop the gloves. Preferably a UFA and someone that's making under market value.

Oh wait, we just traded that.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Amalie Benjamin @AmalieBenjamin
Dougie Hamilton saying, "We're aware that he's hurt," was the closest anyone came to saying anything about the Chara situation.

Just get the feeling we should start bracing for a potentially serious injury.

Lord help us if he's out for an extended period of time. Or at all for that matter.

I might stay away from twitter for the next two days now.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
In fact, it's worse than what post Chara will be cause when he's done, we'll be able to spend his 6,9M on someone else. Now, he'll be replaced by Morrow-Trotman-Warsofsky.

--------
I know.

Was refering to: it is like health. When you have it you can't figure out how important it is until you lose it. Same goes with quality players aging or traded. You forget how important they are until they're gone.

Again. Biggest problem is we needed a top four, last year and again this year. With JB and Chara (if out LT) if it is the case... we will need 2 top 4!

Time to see how Bruins will manage. Everything starts from the bottom.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ever since the MTL game

I think his wrist is feeling better too.

Nice ovation and video on Johnny B. He was sitting on the bench and didn't notice at first :laugh: One of his new teammates pointed to the Jumbotron. He got a standing ovation. Must have felt good. Also the fans chanted his name a couple of times.

As far as Big Z...:shakehead We saw him go past and one of the B's trainers follow...Then the Dr. went in...When the coach asked about Z he had a pained look on his face when he got an answer. I am guessing knee (one of the kids who works for the B's told me he saw Z holding his knee in the dressing room). I hope it is nothing much.

The coach was really pissed off in the second period. Many F-bombs were dropped.

The B's went from too many NHL defense men to too few. :(

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
--------
I know.

Was refering to: it is like health. When you have it you can't figure out how important it is until you lose it. Same goes with quality players aging or traded. You forget how important they are until they're gone.

Again. Biggest problem is we needed a top four, last year and again this year. With JB and Chara (if out LT) if it is the case... we will need 2 top 4!

Time to see how Bruins will manage. Everything starts from the bottom.

Top-6 if Chara is out:

Hamilton
Seids
Krug
McQuaid
Bart
Trotman/Morrow/Warsofsky

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lord help us if he's out for an extended period of time. Or at all for that matter.

I might stay away from twitter for the next two days now.

Chara looked terrible right from the start tonight and I didn't think he was any good in the San Jose game either. That first goal tonight, was that embarrassing or what?
Maybe he's been playing hurt and just couldn't go any more.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
can't blame Chia for trading Boychuk.

Nobody could have ever predicted that one of our defensemen might get injured this season. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Welp, thank God it's Chara. Now we can be assured that the Boychuk trade has nothing to do with it because if we lost Z, we're done anyway.

Move along, nothing to see....

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
If Chara is out for the season sell off pieces and welcome McDavid to Boston. Some one should keep an eye on Chia because his trades have been sketchy the last few years...

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Chara is irreplaceable and the season is in near shambles if its an ACL. MCL sprain or tear will be 4-6 weeks. Either way Chia will have to make a move. The only positive would be LTIR would be available and create the flexibility needed to add bodies given Chara's big cap hit.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I said it in the San Jose game. Only one line is working 5 on 5. At some point something has to change. Bergeron line looks especially stale.

No reason for the 4th line to play as much as they did when trailing for much of the game. Not the reason for the loss, but 13 minutes is a lot for a line that generated just a single shot on goal. Soderberg at 15 minutes is criminal.

Nothing irritated me more than McQuaid and Seidenberg's inability to recognize when the shooting lane has closed. You have all that space for a reason. Everyone has collapsed. Need to keep the puck moving east-west. McQuaid is as awkward as any player I've ever seen. 3rd pairing. PK. 12-16 minutes a night. That's his comfort zone.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Bruins Zdeno Chara suspected left knee ligament injury.Expected out 4-6 weeks at which time they'll evaluate need for surgery or not...Aaron Ward

Not as bad as I suspected. I'll take it I guess...

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Problem with a knee injury ACL or ligaments in general is the worse the tear the less the pain. I have had 4 ACL re builds and when you tear it clean you really do not feel much just your knee gets a little wobbly. The less severe the tear the greater the pain.

Thanks bro. That's what I needed to read before going to bed. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad