GDT: Gm 9 - New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins/10-23-14/7P ET/NESN, MSG+, 98.5 FM

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Ouch 9. One of my friends had 3-4 surgeries on one of his knees. He ended up with an oxy addiction for his trouble. :shakehead

GL with your surgery man.

Yikes that shyte is terrible and so hard on your system I refuse to take them or anything after surgery. Mine are all self inflicted though my surgeon just shakes his head when I call lol. I was told to slow down on my hockey and running etc but I just can't do it lol.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Holy hell man, what do you do!?

First surgery was at 16 torn ACL MCL meniscus and lateral ligament got stuck between a forward and my goalpost after one of my d men took him out in front of the net. It was the loudest pop I had ever heard that was till one of my team mates broke his neck falling head first into the boards behind my net at practice a few years later. I always go back to playing before I am supposed to I can't wait to get back on the ice. I cus the cast off my wrist after 7 days and had my trainer tape it so I could get my trapper on. I broke it riding my BMX lol.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we wont get a sniff of the playoffs without chara, if he misses the season.
in fact, this team is gonna struggle to make the playoffs with chara.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
felt like in the 3rd the B's had 10 minutes of straight time in the offensive zone.

Plenty of bad to point out, but there's some good, too.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Strange that it happened to Chara against the team that got Boychuk. Fate? Also the team he started his career with. Wouldn't be surprised if he is done for the season:rant:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Again, there is dump and chase and then there is what we did last night. Such a brutal game, luckily NYI mailed it in at the end while the Bruins turned it up and we dominated most of the 3rd but couldn't tie it.

Such a sloppy game, Bartkowski is just awful, and many of the Bruins just looked bad. Svedberg is scary in net, but not as bad as Johnson looked early last year maybe?

Now missing 2 top 3 defensemen and a top line forward. Yikes. Hopefully we don't turn up the defensive system up even more and truly play to win or lose 1-0 with no Chara.

I feel like an idiot too, I stood and cheered that Chara hit on Tavares. Didn't see Tavares leading with the knee like that, poor Z.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I dont like Svedberg's tactics, he leaves so many empty nets with his wild play, and plays too far from the crease its gonna bite us.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Dominated is an understatement. I watched the game this morning (DVR'ed). Boston looked an upper echelon team whereas the Isles looked like a bubble team. Chad Johnson held us in, but the Isles were lucky.

Sometimes you get out of a building with two points that you don't deserve.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Dominated is an understatement. I watched the game this morning (DVR'ed). Boston looked an upper echelon team whereas the Isles looked like a bubble team. Chad Johnson held us in, but the Isles were lucky.

Sometimes you get out of a building with two points that you don't deserve.

Isles definitely deserved that. While the Bruins dominated the play in the third, the Isles did that in the first 40.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Bruins looked absolutely terrifying in the third, in a good way... bad for the other team, but the rest of the game they looked like a midget team.

You can't get a full 60 out of those guys at all...

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Isles definitely deserved that. While the Bruins dominated the play in the third, the Isles did that in the first 40.

Well, the Bruins dominated the 3rd period more thoroughly than the Isles did the first two periods. The Isles did outplay us for the first 40 minutes (play was especially one-sided in their favor for much of the 2nd period, go figure)... but IMO it wasn't as "dominant" as the Bruins' 3rd period was.

That 3rd period was dominated in a way that is difficult to replicate even against a team like Buffalo. It was beautiful, but frustrating. So many Bruins came so close to putting one behind Johnson. It's still a good sign that they had the stuff to take it to Isles, HARD, but in the end it was too late and the B's just couldn't get any favorable bounces.

Their lack of finish did not help... but the element of luck always comes into play at one point or another. There was still a lot to like in the 3rd, regardless of the negative outcome.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well, the Bruins dominated the 3rd period more thoroughly than the Isles did the first two periods. The Isles did outplay us for the first 40 minutes (play was especially one-sided in their favor for much of the 2nd period, go figure)... but IMO it wasn't as "dominant" as the Bruins' 3rd period was.

That 3rd period was dominated in a way that is difficult to replicate even against a team like Buffalo. It was beautiful, but frustrating. So many Bruins came so close to putting one behind Johnson. It's still a good sign that they had the stuff to take it to Isles, HARD, but in the end it was too late and the B's just couldn't get any favorable bounces.

Their lack of finish did not help... but the element of luck always comes into play at one point or another. There was still a lot to like in the 3rd, regardless of the negative outcome.

Not that uncommon when a team is down 2 goals.

Go back and watch the shift after Kelly's goal. Once the Bruins were within one the Islands immediately got a bunch of scoring chances. The score seems to often have that kind of effect on a game.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Has anyone paid attention to how much improved the Islanders have become? They're no longer anyone's patsy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Has anyone paid attention to how much improved the Islanders have become? They're no longer anyone's patsy.

I remember a few years ago always looking forward to playing the Islanders because you were basically guaranteed a 5-1 win. Now? Now they look good... very good.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Not that uncommon when a team is down 2 goals.

Go back and watch the shift after Kelly's goal. Once the Bruins were within one the Islands immediately got a bunch of scoring chances. The score seems to often have that kind of effect on a game.

Well i do know what you mean but i never claimed that it was uncommon or strange in any way--- just pointing it out as a matter of fact. Yes, the score can and does have a bearing on players' intensity levels. But being down a goal or two does not guarantee the kind of sustained dominance/control of play and puck possession that we saw from the Bruins in that 3rd period.

Sure it's common, but it's exactly how you want your team to respond when trailing after two periods. Obviously it is more favorable for the team to play that hard for all 3 periods, but last period is last period... but it's still encouraging to see that kind of fight when the boys' backs are against the wall.

Let's hope they can play like that more often, whether they find themselves trailing or leading at any point in any game. That was a very dominant period of hockey in the 3rd vs. NYI. It should have resulted in at least 2 goals if the team could finish better (or if Chad Johnson and the Isles didn't get some fortunate bounces).

I understand the human nature aspect of it. But the players still have to bring it and channel that extra urgency into playing good hockey, nothing is a given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad