GDT: GM 80: Beat LA! - Apr 6 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
They lost 7 of their last 8 games and missed the playoffs by 3 points...

It was a meltdown. Markus, Trevor, and Brendan had to leave the Canucks on sad terms. The Canucks suffered from so many injuries that year too; at one point Mike Weaver was the most veteran defenseman in the lineup! The team needed a push at the trade deadline; when I found out that Dave Nonis' only move was to swap Matt Cooke for Matt Pettinger, I was very disappointed. It felt like a downgrade!

Kesler, Schneider, Edler + 1st for Richards (which even then, felt like a King's ransom) pretty easy call to make. The franchise doesn't have it's best years if that deal is made.

I can't wait to sere the corrupt league rigged the game to help the Fraud championship Kings who win the game

Good teams don't see the obstacles, they see ways around them.

JA

Kesler, Schneider, Edler + 1st for Richards (which even then, felt like a King's ransom) pretty easy call to make. The franchise doesn't have it's best years if that deal is made.

The Richards trade is not one I would have done.

There were other, lesser deals that year, though. It makes me wonder what else was available. A decent second-line forward would have been enough to get us into the playoffs that year, in my opinion. The team collapsed in that final stretch, and a few extra pieces might have given us a good push. A defenseman might have also helped to alleviate some of the team's problems on the back end.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
The Richards trade is not one I would have done.

There were other, lesser deals that year, though. It makes me wonder what else was available. A decent second-line forward would have been enough to get us into the playoffs that year, in my opinion. The team collapsed in that final stretch, and a few extra pieces might have given us a good push. A defenseman might have also helped to alleviate some of the team's problems on the back end.

Nonis wasnt know for his good deadline deals. Weinrich was the worst d man i have seen play multiple games for the Canucks. Matt Cooke trade was terrible. The best thing that happened was no trades. Nonis was a great manager in hindsight because he did nothing but get the team a goalie, let the WCE members slide away, and get a couple guys drafted. His patience allowed Gillis room to do something. Of course the best thing Nonis did was getting himself fired at the right time. Who was that Swedish free agent who was going to be the team's savior? I give the owners a lot of credit for making a move. A lot went right for three years to get the team in the finals. I think the same thing could happen again with the young players coming up now.

ChemicalHansen

Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
Nonis wasnt know for his good deadline deals. Weinrich was the worst d man i have seen play multiple games for the Canucks. Matt Cooke trade was terrible. The best thing that happened was no trades. Nonis was a great manager in hindsight because he did nothing but get the team a goalie, let the WCE members slide away, and get a couple guys drafted. His patience allowed Gillis room to do something. Of course the best thing Nonis did was getting himself fired at the right time. Who was that Swedish free agent who was going to be the team's savior? I give the owners a lot of credit for making a move. A lot went right for three years to get the team in the finals. I think the same thing could happen again with the young players coming up now.

Were you thinking of Fabian Brunnstrom?

Ah, yet another one of Nonis' (rumored) patchwork solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad