GDT: GM 80: Beat LA! - Apr 6 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I guess you haven't been paying attention this season. Arizona and Edmonton might as well be LA.

Actually if you seen any of my others posts I have been saying dont take those games for granted, and in the post you quoted i mentioned as much... arizona just beat the sharks last night and we better take those games seriously.

I was just being criticized for questioning us winning those games in the around the league thread yesterday. Its not a sure thing by any means (pens just blew a huge game to the flyers). But as someone pointed out if we cant beat arizona and the oilers for playoffs we dont deserve to get in and imo we should win those games. With that also said our record against the oilers has been perfect this year, although we have a history of blowing those end of season games against them, but again typically those end of seasons games dont have playoff implications when we played them, this year they do. Arizona however we have been good and bad against them this year.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Should be a beauty of a fixed game. No Toffoli suspension, Buff gone for 4 games, WPG and LA tied for the last spot... Writing's on the wall. To top it all off LA is practically impossible to beat right now under normal circumstances.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm going aganst the grain, I don't wear canucks gear on game day...in fact haven't down so all season..

But **** superstition, it's ****ing go time...canucks gear all the way

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I really hope the Sedins have a massive game here. Would love nothing more than for them to come up clutch on the biggest stage.

JA

This is Game 7. If we win this, the Kings will need to pick up 5 of 6 points in their last three games to tie us in the standings. If we lose this, they'll be one point behind us with a game in hand! We have no control over what Winnipeg does, so we need to set the Kings back!

Last edited by a moderator:

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't see how the two time Stanley cup champion fighting to get into the playoffs will lose to the no cup champion when it has huge playoff implications. We will find a way to choke it.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Expecting Brown to be diving all night long tomorrow and the refs to be complete ****

dustin+brown+funny+diving+usa.jpg

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I don't see how the two time Stanley cup champion fighting to get into the playoffs will lose to the no cup champion when it has huge playoff implications. We will find a way to choke it.

Positive vibes man, we need it

My first ever canucks game was back when the USSR was a thing. Since watching the Canucks from the 80's on, this is what i've learned:

-my heart tells me to think like epochlink

-my head tells me to think like stuffradio

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My first ever canucks game was back when the USSR was a thing. Since watching the Canucks from the 80's on, this is what i've learned:

-my heart tells me to think like epochlink

-my head tells me to think like stuffradio

Always follow your heart man..

JA

That team stumbled hard for a long time Down the stretch.

They lost 7 of their last 8 games and missed the playoffs by 3 points...

It was a meltdown. Markus, Trevor, and Brendan had to leave the Canucks on sad terms. The Canucks suffered from so many injuries that year too; at one point Mike Weaver was the most veteran defenseman in the lineup! The team needed a push at the trade deadline; when I found out that Dave Nonis' only move was to swap Matt Cooke for Matt Pettinger, I was very disappointed. It felt like a downgrade!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
keys to this game:

1.)Good 1st period. We haven't had an impressive 1st on home ice since that game against Boston back in Feb. We have had some 1sts on the road but that's more so about taking energy out of buildings and playing solid road game. To get off to a good start at home you have to harness energy and really use it to win puck battles and foot races.
2.)Lack bounce back performance. He's bounced back before so hopefully he can make the big saves when needed.
3.)competent refs. Just let the players decide this game please. Don't fall for Quick, brown or Doughty's antics.

I expect a close game but if we get blown out Lack vs Quick needs to happen at center ice and I want to see some King players getting fed knuckle sandwiches. Send a message for in the event we do meet them in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad