GDT: GM#8 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @12:30pm 10/20/18

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Gray: Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
White: Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Yellow: Wagner-Kempe-Lewis
Purple: Clifford-Thompson-Amadio
Blue: Pearson-JAD

What is the point of these forward lines combos? Why not mix in youth and spread out the minutes? 3rd and 4th lines look like black holes. No way Thompson and Clifford should get more than 10 mins of ice time, so that kills Amadio and puts too much pressure on the kids on the other lines to pick up more minutes.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Wagner-Amadio-Kempe
Pearson-JAD-Lewis

With an early start, I need to make my beer and weed run now cause I’m bound to run out in the first period based on this teams trending direction.

Problem with that is, you aren't thinking penalty kill, on the lineup you posted,

You have Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Lewis, and Kopitar to kill penalties and everyone is screaming for Kopitar's minutes to go down.

Amadio is seeing time on the powerplay 2nd unit, but I'm fine with him on the 3rd line until he picks it up and does something....I know, "he has to play with someone to do something" no, not quite the case, I'm not taking about scoring, how about just generating something, he's bland on the forecheck, he's bland in the D zone, do something to get noticed out there and his ice time should improve. As long as Rempal plays the way he did the 1st game, I think he found a home on that 2nd line, and with JAD, I still think they are debating wether to burn a year off or not.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

What is the point of these forward lines combos? Why not mix in youth and spread out the minutes? 3rd and 4th lines look like black holes. No way Thompson and Clifford should get more than 10 mins of ice time, so that kills Amadio and puts too much pressure on the kids on the other lines to pick up more minutes.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Wagner-Amadio-Kempe
Pearson-JAD-Lewis

With an early start, I need to make my beer and weed run now cause I’m bound to run out in the first period based on this teams trending direction.

If they are going to get plug minutes anyway, might as well dress plugs in the roster.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Wagner-Amadio-Kempe
Pearson-JAD-Lewis

But then you want an entire 3rd line of kids that will feel pressure?

They have a young guy they just called up on the 2nd line. An undrafted free agent no less. They have a young guy with 0 goals on the 3rd line. They have a young guy who can't stop taking penalties on the 3rd line. They have a young guy that hasn't had a great start to the season on the 4th line. That's not an insignificant amount of youth in the lineup, spread out on multiple lines. Even Iafallo is still relatively young and inexperienced, and he's leading the team in scoring. That might be the same amount of youth/inexperience as Detroit and Buffalo.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Wagner-Amadio-Kempe
Pearson-JAD-Lewis

What the f***.

Pearson needs to get off this team immediately.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Pearson Amadio JAD seems like a better option than Clifford and Thompson.

At least have some skill there in stead of what, “checking/hitting.”
We had all three in last game which resulted in a 7-2 loss.

Pearson was originally suppose to be scratched that game but due to Kopitar getting sick he played and went -4.

JAD was also directly responsible for the first goal by losing coverage on Casey Cizikas.

I'm more than fine with both of them being healthy scratches.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Actually after watching replays of last game JAD also lost coverage on Leo Komarov which directly resulted in a goal as well. (2 minutes 30 seconds into the video)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The amount of suck we're about to see today will put Dyson to shame.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
No, and it's not too early for the fire Robitaille campaign either.

agree. I am not a fan in general of ex-players becoming management. There's just too much "nice baggage" that eventually turns bad.

It took an outsider like Lombardi to get this team further than they have ever been.

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
I like winning GO KINGS GO! I also believe that there simply isn't any room left in todays game for Thompson and even sad to say it Cliffy. Spot play for them at best.

Reactions: LAKings88

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad