GDT: GM#8 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @12:30pm 10/20/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Buffalo Sabres(3-4-0 6pts, 6th in Atlantic) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(2-4-1, 5 pts, 7th in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 12:30pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
LAK 4-2 BUF Feb 18, 2018
LAK 4-2 BUF Oct 14, 2018
:kings:sabres
PP/PK29th/26th24th/28th
Faceoffs13th24th
Leading ScorersAlex Iafallo: 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 pointsJack Eichel: 3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings

bb8sT6h.png

zPW5sH7.png

Extras: Tanner Pearson, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Paul Ladue
Injuries: Dustin Brown, Gabriel Vilardi, Johnny Brodzinski

:sabres
pzsW0aW.png

Eh2njXv.png

GgFvURU.png

Injuries: None
cut.jpg

It may be an early game tomorrow, but it likely won't be early enough for this.
giphy.gif

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
At the very least Rasmus will be fun to watch, it's not like the Kings are physical or anything. Rasmus should be able to free wheel out there.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Would be interesting to see how Jeff Skinner would have fared if he ended up in LA.

Surpringsly he didn't get traded for nearly as much as I thought he would have.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It usually takes a pretty good college game for me to not watch the Kings on these stupid Saturday afternoon games but I'm staying at the sports bar tomorrow to watch Clemson/NC State. A 17.5 spread game presents likely more ROI of time than a Kings game right now. Hope for a W but expecting a L and this mess to continue leading to some kind of change...right?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
It usually takes a pretty good college game for me to not watch the Kings on these stupid Saturday afternoon games but I'm staying at the sports bar tomorrow to watch Clemson/NC State. A 17.5 spread game presents likely more ROI of time than a Kings game right now. Hope for a W but expecting a L and this mess to continue leading to some kind of change...right?

Not with Jacques Grande helming the ship.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Michigan invades East Lansing today. I know you will be watching that one. I am definitely going to check out NC State vs Clemson and sneak some peaks at Colorado vs Washington. Later in the evening Mississippi State vs LSU.

Every year it sucks that 6 weeks after it starts the college football season is half over. Me and a friend of mine have been considering going to the Army / Navy game for years. I won't be able to make it this year as our family is expecting a new arrival in our first grand child, but next year is looking good.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Always fun to see a youngster get their first NHL goal.

Yeah. I just always love watching the growth of young players and the first goal is always exciting.

If not a first goal for a youngster, I just hope the Kings play further reinforces to Blake how important an overhaul is. I won't say I hope the Kings lose, because I can never root for that... but hopefully it's just an ugly win/game.

Reactions: Dooney

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
"Ugly" ending to the Sabres last game against the Sharks. Will be interesting to see if they play that same way today.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I actually kind of hope for a 6-1 loss, so Blake will do something. If the Kings win, 3-2, they will all think they have righted the ship. With a 6-1 loss, someone gets fired, dealt, or not dressed next game. Hopefully, all 3. Need changes.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I actually kind of hope for a 6-1 loss, so Blake will do something. If the Kings win, 3-2, they will all think they have righted the ship. With a 6-1 loss, someone gets fired, dealt, or not dressed next game. Hopefully, all 3. Need changes.
I'm with you 100%.

Hopefully someone takes a run at Doughty too, get some e m o t i o n in this game.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Gray: Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
White: Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Yellow: Wagner-Kempe-Lewis
Purple: Clifford-Thompson-Amadio
Blue: Pearson-JAD

What is the point of these forward lines combos? Why not mix in youth and spread out the minutes? 3rd and 4th lines look like black holes. No way Thompson and Clifford should get more than 10 mins of ice time, so that kills Amadio and puts too much pressure on the kids on the other lines to pick up more minutes.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Carter-Rempal
Wagner-Amadio-Kempe
Pearson-JAD-Lewis

With an early start, I need to make my beer and weed run now cause I’m bound to run out in the first period based on this teams trending direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad