GDT: GM#62 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:30pm 2/25/28

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That actually turned into a pretty entertaining game. I've never seen a game with that many posts hit.

WD's personnel decisions, particularly in the OT, were just bad.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Gotta reward veterans like Carter and Phaneuf with more ice time. That’ll ensure games end in regulation in favor of the opponents.
hell yeah man, can't have those rookie scorers playing themselves into a playoff spot

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There's something soft about this Lightning team. I doubt they win the SC.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"we're going to play the kids" update:

Doughty: 29:33
Kopitar 25:33
Wagner 8:23, Amadio and Luff et. al. to the bench or Ontario

At least LaDue, Walker, Roy got 16+ minutes each, but all it took to do that was a Martinez injury and a Fantenberg and Muzzin trades. SOMEONES gotta play.

Fun fact--only Wagner and Lewis were plus 2 and they had limited minutes. Only minuses were Carter, Toffoli, Kovalchuk.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
"we're going to play the kids" update:

Doughty: 29:33
Kopitar 25:33
Wagner 8:23, Amadio and Luff et. al. to the bench or Ontario

At least LaDue, Walker, Roy got 16+ minutes each, but all it took to do that was a Martinez injury and a Fantenberg and Muzzin trades. SOMEONES gotta play.

Fun fact--only Wagner and Lewis were plus 2 and they had limited minutes. Only minuses were Carter, Toffoli, Kovalchuk.
i'm honestly thinking at this point that its willie being the tank commander he was claimed to be

the best way for the canucks to lose was for him to roll 4 lines, the best way for the kings to lose is to not let the kids play

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'd like to see a better version of that Kucherov hit on Iafallo.
i think he just went high with both hands, not sure there was anything suspendable about it but it was no doubt a penalty and the ref has no excuse to not be looking at it

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Two periods on snooze and an exciting 3rd plus OT is a good showing on nbcsn. Nice to see Brodzinski take advantage of his opportunity and get a goal quickly after coming back from that injury. Wonder if he’d get a chance at center, probably wont happen, but maybe Carter is hurt or scratched at some point here and we see a line up like this before the end of the year.

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Grundstrom Kempe Toffoli
Kovy Brodz Luffer
Clifford Amadio Wagner

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd like to see a better version of that Kucherov hit on Iafallo.

I'm just happy we escaped a TBL game without an injury but I guess the national spotlight made them keep their noses relatively clean.

Two periods on snooze and an exciting 3rd plus OT is a good showing on nbcsn. Nice to see Brodzinski take advantage of his opportunity and get a goal quickly after coming back from that injury. Wonder if he’d get a chance at center, probably wont happen, but maybe Carter is hurt or scratched at some point here and we see a line up like this before the end of the year.

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Grundstrom Kempe Toffoli
Kovy Brodz Luffer
Clifford Amadio Wagner

Brodz actually looked pretty good for a guy gone all year. Feel bad for his lost year. And stupid situation that he's a UFA now.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That actually turned into a pretty entertaining game. I've never seen a game with that many posts hit.

WD's personnel decisions, particularly in the OT, were just bad.

Very enjoyable game, I thought they might win it right until the turnover. WD has no idea how to coach OT. Kopitar, Doughty, Brown has always been the starting 3...and they won most games. Not once has he has them together and they look so lost with the groups out there.
Walker looked scared everytime he got the puck and kept turning it over.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Grundstrom Kempe Toffoli
Kovy Brodz Luffer
Clifford Amadio Wagner

Ok, all I do is complain about #11 and #23 has been crap since XMas.
Time to break of the band. They suck anyway.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Luff
Leipshits-Kempe-Brodz
Kovy-Amadio-Wags
Clifford-Lewis-Brown

Carter sits to contemplate his next injury

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Exactly. And I mean if the trading of Lubo before his NTC kicked on didnt affect free agents neither would this it's a business and if he wants to threaten retirement if hes traded force it on him.
Best scenario would be finding a trading partner that is somewhere Carter wants to be with his family. I know, almost impossible.

The recapture penalty hasn't one up much, so I am not sure how it works with the salary cap, and how long it would last.

I suppose if the Kings did force a decision on Carter, and he retired they would save actual money, which might take some of the sting out any salary retention they have to do to move some of the other players.

This is what happens when an organization does all types of contortions to circumvent the salary cap. This issue needs to be addressed in the next CBA.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Best scenario would be finding a trading partner that is somewhere Carter wants to be with his family. I know, almost impossible.

The recapture penalty hasn't one up much, so I am not sure how it works with the salary cap, and how long it would last.

I suppose if the Kings did force a decision on Carter, and he retired they would save actual money, which might take some of the sting out any salary retention they have to do to move some of the other players.

This is what happens when an organization does all types of contortions to circumvent the salary cap. This issue needs to be addressed in the next CBA.
Wasn't Carter's contract a symptom of the previous CBA?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wasn't Carter's contract a symptom of the previous CBA?
Yes, definitely done under the CBA before the last one, which is the same CBA the NHL was working with when Quick signed his 10-year contract on June 28, 2012.

Jeff Carter was signed by the Flyers to an 11-year contract on November 13, 2010.

On September 15, 2012, the NHL owners initiated the lockout to get the CBA we have today. This CBA instituted the re-capture penalty, which is intended to punish teams who offered the long-term cap circumventing contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad