GDT: GM 6 - 1/31/13 New York Islanders at Your New Jersey Devils - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

Playing RW and LW doesn't make a difference in the offensive zone, 5v5. It's an improv sport and players end up going to the open ice, not to a specific spot.

Playing RW and LW makes a huge difference in the defensive zone. Kovy is now in a better position to succeed in the defensive zone, and we can all agree he has improved in that regard.

Garbage.

DevilChuk*

Defensemen: Bryce Salvador, Marek Zidlicky, Andy Greene-Mark Fayne; Henrik Tallinder, Anton Volchenkov, Adam Larsson, Peter Harrold.

TG can't even give us the defensive pairings in a straightforward manner? :(

DevilChuk*

I don't like Josefson on the top LW but I guess there really isn't much option right now.

I'm going to guess Henrique takes over that position by the end of the second period. Don't want to throw him out there immediately, though.

DevilChuk*

Pretty sure they have not had pairings in practice but I could be wrong.

Yea, TG just said that. I think he means only in morning skates though since I've definitely seen pairings in practice before.

updates :(

apice3*

I'm going to guess Henrique takes over that position by the end of the second period. Don't want to throw him out there immediately, though.

Doubt it. Henrique will probably get around 12-15 minutes coming off the injury.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

I don't think so. Not tonight at least. He is just coming back from an injury and probably hasn't practiced with the team much. He'll get 4th line time and probably some special team time to get him back into the swing of things for a few games.

Eventually it seems like a gander Petey will try out.

DevilChuk*

Larsson in for Fayne? Wow.. that's out of left field. I guess it makes sense though since Zidlicky is too valuable on the PP and Volchenkov too valuable on the PK. Sal, Greene and Tallinder have been playing very well.

I would probably take Tallinder out over Fayne but eh.. the kid is back!

Quick, someone post a trade rumor on the main boards that Larsson is being showcased tonight.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
If Larsson takes Fayne's place and plays with Greene will that be a first? Can't remember them being paired together before.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
Playing RW and LW doesn't make a difference in the offensive zone, 5v5. It's an improv sport and players end up going to the open ice, not to a specific spot.

Playing RW and LW makes a huge difference in the defensive zone. Kovy is now in a better position to succeed in the defensive zone, and we can all agree he has improved in that regard.

Garbage.

You don't have to look further than the habs game in ot. kovy hit the post streaking down the right wing on the 3 on 1. Would he have scOred if he was on the left side? It's rhetorical but it should you thinking which side is he really suitd to be on

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
The last time Mark Fayne wasn't in the lineup was February 1st, 2011. He's played in the last 143 games. I guess he was due for a day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad